Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Liverpool confirm Marko Grujic '

Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:42 pm

Why Cardiff City must snap up a loan deal for Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic

Liverpool confirm Grujic can go out on loan this coming season and have discussed an agreement with the Welsh club Cardiff City.

Liverpool paid all Grujic wages last season, but this coming season they want the Welsh cub to pay 50% of them.

The Kop

Monday 9th July 2018

Liverpool are willing to send midfielder Marko Grujic out on loan to gain experience this summer. The Serbian was loaned out to Cardiff City in January and he did well to get the Bluebirds back in the English top-flight.

The 22-year-old put in some fine performances for Neil Warnock’s men, playing in a deep midfield role. Now, Cardiff’s promotion would mean that if he is loaned out again, he will get a chance to play games in the same league as his parent club.

By doing so, Jurgen Klopp will get a better understanding of Grujic’s impact at the top level. Let us take a look at the player and comment as to why Warnock and his men will benefit from having him in their squad.

Scouting Marko Grujic

Although Grujic is predominantly a box-to-box midfielder with a shrewd eye for the goal, he can be deployed in a deeper defensive role due to his physical build. He is a positive player on the ball who always tries to move forward to make key passes or carve out shooting opportunities.

Marko Grujic

The Serbian’s height allows him to physically dominate the central areas of the pitch. His long-range passing skills, coupled with his ability to control the tempo of the game, makes him quite similar to Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard. He can play defensively and control the game while being aware of the spaces he needs to block.

When deployed as a central midfielder, he can make incisive unmarked runs into the box to score goals. All in all, Grujic is a complete midfielder who can perform various roles for the team.

Verdict

Jurgen Klopp must loan Grujic out for another season and Cardiff City should sign him without hesitation. He is an influential player and they will need him when the grind of the Premier League starts. The Serbian has already spent six months in Wales and adapting won’t be an issue at all.

For Grujic, it will be a great opportunity to display his class in a diversified league and enhance his reputation for bigger things to come in the future.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Liverpool confirm Marko Grujic '

Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:55 pm

50% of 15K a week is a good deal,

Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:23 pm

Pay it, we need him badly.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:33 pm

wow we got a great deal last season then!!!

Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:27 pm

If that’s true about only 50%, that’s an absolute no brainer.

Will be a great addition to the squad

Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:39 pm

Be happy with that... be nice to have a buy option in there though.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:57 pm

Fair enough of the Scousers insisting he play most games or was in the match day squad last season as they were paying all the wages then.

Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:31 pm

Physically dominate the central areas of the pitch?
Ability to control the tempo of the game?
Long range passing skills?
Incisive unmarked runs into the box to score goals?

I must have missed all that!
:lol:

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:13 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Physically dominate the central areas of the pitch?

In fairness he does the above. But it only showed in a few games last season due to fitness.
He'll be an asset in the prem

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:36 am

Bring back Whitts....or a faster version of him anyway!

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:22 am

I honestly can't understand the fuss either. He done a job that fit our system last year but didn't stand out above any of our other players.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:16 am

nubbsy wrote:

I honestly can't understand the fuss either. He done a job that fit our system last year but didn't stand out above any of our other players.

i thought him pretty decent but always looked as if he was likely to get carded even immediately after just being carded..
be pleased if we sign him but equally pleased if the manager finds someone he deems as good or better..

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:06 pm

At the Warnock event tonight in Bridgend, he confirmed Grujic is coming back this season on loan!!! Don’t think he meant to let it slip!!

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:35 pm

davo1974 wrote:At the Warnock event tonight in Bridgend, he confirmed Grujic is coming back this season on loan!!! Don’t think he meant to let it slip!!

Great news imo, I thoroughly enjoyed watching him play for us last season, thanks for letting us know he revealed that mate :thumbup: