Bank Holiday on Monday

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bank Holiday on Monday

Postby Blueboys1927 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:40 pm

In England & Wales but not Scotland and Northern Ireland If England wins the World Cup, doesn’t seem fair. Don’t think the government will agree this as they would need to make a decision by Thursday latest :bluebird:
User avatar
Blueboys1927
 
Posts: 2948
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:03 pm

Bank Holiday on Monday

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Bank Holiday on Monday

Postby harold pinta » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:58 pm

Why in God’s name would Wales want a day off to celebrate another country winning a football tournament? What a bizarre suggestion.
User avatar
harold pinta
 
Posts: 1591
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:33 pm

Re: Bank Holiday on Monday

Postby neathbluebird » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:34 am

harold pinta wrote:Why in God’s name would Wales want a day off to celebrate another country winning a football tournament? What a bizarre suggestion.

Exactly..if you suppoirt england on an international level ,imo its like supporting the Jacks at club level
neathbluebird
 
Posts: 630
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:18 pm
Location: NEATH

Re: Bank Holiday on Monday

Postby norms76 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:24 am

Blueboys1927 wrote:In England & Wales but not Scotland and Northern Ireland If England wins the World Cup, doesn’t seem fair. Don’t think the government will agree this as they would need to make a decision by Thursday latest :bluebird:

The most idiotic post of the year goes to..... Blueboys1927!!!
User avatar
norms76
 
Posts: 4049
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:38 pm

Re: Bank Holiday on Monday

Postby Blueboys1927 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:19 am

norms76 wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:In England & Wales but not Scotland and Northern Ireland If England wins the World Cup, doesn’t seem fair. Don’t think the government will agree this as they would need to make a decision by Thursday latest :bluebird:

The most idiotic post of the year goes to..... Blueboys1927!!!


I’m not suggesting it, I’m just reporting what was on the news and radio yesterday. Said they needed 100,000 signatures for the House of Commons to consider it, they had 80,000 by yesterday afternoon and over 100,000 by the early evening. They said a decision would be made by tomorrow. They said if agreed the holiday would cover just England and Wales, don’t shoot the messenger :bluebird:
User avatar
Blueboys1927
 
Posts: 2948
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:03 pm

Re: Bank Holiday on Monday

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:02 am

Not supporting England but if they want to give me a day off then im happy not to do to work
My thoughts on the re-branding??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOjxLDcRniE

Learn the words to Men of Harlech -
Join Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gro ... 6965194125
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 27153
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Bank Holiday on Monday

Postby SWilliams » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:13 am

neathbluebird wrote:
harold pinta wrote:Why in God’s name would Wales want a day off to celebrate another country winning a football tournament? What a bizarre suggestion.

Exactly..if you suppoirt england on an international level ,imo its like supporting the Jacks at club level


I was born in England but have lived in Wales for many years. I'm married to a Welsh girl and my kids are Welsh. But I have also supported the Bluebirds and been an STH with my kids for many many years. Therefore why does the fact that I will always support my country of birth make me a Jack. Although we might be a minority there are a few English Bluebirds but definitely not ever Jacks.
SWilliams
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:54 am

Re: Bank Holiday on Monday

Postby harold pinta » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:03 pm

SWilliams wrote:
neathbluebird wrote:
harold pinta wrote:Why in God’s name would Wales want a day off to celebrate another country winning a football tournament? What a bizarre suggestion.

Exactly..if you suppoirt england on an international level ,imo its like supporting the Jacks at club level


I was born in England but have lived in Wales for many years. I'm married to a Welsh girl and my kids are Welsh. But I have also supported the Bluebirds and been an STH with my kids for many many years. Therefore why does the fact that I will always support my country of birth make me a Jack. Although we might be a minority there are a few English Bluebirds but definitely not ever Jacks.


You’ve completely misunderstood his point. He’s saying that a Welsh person supporting England is no different to a City fan supporting the jacks.

Wales biggest rivals are England
Cardiff City’s biggest rivals are the jacks
User avatar
harold pinta
 
Posts: 1591
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:33 pm



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], barry boy, Google [Bot], jockinwales, Majestic-12 [Bot], nigelelec, Once a blue always a blue44, realblue82, YM Bluebird and 143 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.