THEY THINK ITS ALL OVER....

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Bananas » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:46 pm

IT IS NOW!!! :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: Have that Lineker u cock :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:
Bananas

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: THEY THINK ITS ALL OVER....

Postby griff105 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:53 pm

Absoloute scenes in the Uk
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor
griff105

Postby avondaleblue » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:59 pm

Ian Wright will be asking for a length of rope to swing from from the studio :laughing6: :laughing6:
avondaleblue

Postby Bananas » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:01 pm

Shearer :laughing6: Ian Wright :laughing6: German Queen :laughing6: your team took one hell of a beating :laughing6:
Bananas

Postby Pencoed » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:03 pm

They got so excited beat Tunisia Panama who were extatic to be there and Sweden who had Hull City's seb Larrson and a Berg who played in the UAE in their Xl. Got lucky on pens against South America's fourth or fifth best team
Pencoed

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:07 pm

They're coming home
They're coming home
They're coming
England's coming home
:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:
CF23 Bluebird

Postby JuniorBluebird1980 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:07 pm

And that f*cking waistcoat!! Lol
JuniorBluebird1980

Postby thomasblue » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:08 pm

I dont think they had a great world cup they have been very lucky in truth with the way the draw panned out.

They have played two decent teams and lost both games.
Struggled until 90 minutes to beat Tunisia
Only got passed a average Columbia team without its best player on penalties.

Sweden was the only decent result they had.

If they had beaten Belgium i doubt they would have got passed a very good Japan side in the last 16 and definatly wouldnt have beaten Brazil.

They will kick themselves for years for messing this tournament up
thomasblue

Postby brickyblue » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:08 pm

Not good enough first test against good quality and they lost just shows you doesn't it.
Not good enough lucky draw for them but got done buy a better team tonight.
Now they can all shut up about it.
The only thing coming home is England :occasion5:
brickyblue

Postby Jonsey Jones » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:16 pm

CF23 Bluebird wrote:They're coming home
They're coming home
They're coming
England's coming home
:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

New Cardiff chant there? Catchy tune that
Jonsey Jones

Postby Ninianman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:36 pm

I find myself wanting England to do well until the hype finally gets to me,this current England team couldn't hold a candle to the Lampards Gerards Terry Nevilles etc of yesteryear ,it would have been a travesty if this bunch had made it to a Final and they hadn't.
Their luck ran out and lets see how they fair against Belgium
Ninianman

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:40 pm

Did the English press give us this covered for the EURO's ???
TopCat CCFC

Postby mugsy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:46 pm

It's staying away, it's staying away, it's staying, football's staying away lol
mugsy

Postby moonboots » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:52 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Did the English press give us this covered for the EURO's ???

No way...and it's a good job they are out. I just could not stand another few days of the total overhype by the English press. The trouble is that we do not live in A UNITED kingdom.....it is a vastly lopsided relationship between the 4 nations that is completely dominated by England. They dominate the British media so they have the platform to take over every news item and every programme. If Wales had done what they did we'd have had a tiny fraction of their coverage on a British level. Instead, our platform consists of about an hour's worth of Welsh news spread throughout the day.

Mind you, I'd have been embarrassed by the stupid stuff being put out by their media. Even politicians and political commentators suddenly became "experts" on the game of football. All jumping on the bandwagon. And let's be honest, on the two occasions that they came up against decent teams they lost both games.

# England's coming home. :laughing5:
moonboots

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:32 pm

The better team lost.

Embarrassing from those on this forum, pure bitterness after we didn’t qualify.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby MoodyBluebird » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:40 pm

No more crowing thank goodness. I can understand the excitement their relative success has caused but the hype becomes unbearable for non English fans and as usual it all ends in tears

Tonight they came up against a decent (not great) team, who after a poor first half showing blew England away in the second half. Croatia were technically superior to England after the break, their ease of movement and composure several levels above their opponents.

It's highly unlikely England will ever get a more favourable path through to a major final in future. I do think that with the odd exception, they are an average bunch of footballers who have overachieved during this tournament but to a large degree, this has been due to obstacles being removed from their path by other teams.

Only my opinion but any team that contains the likes of Jordan Henderson, Raheem Stirling and Dele Alli has no business contesting a World Cup final.
MoodyBluebird

Postby MoodyBluebird » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:48 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:The better team lost.

No need to feel embarrassed mate but I do wish you would remove your St George tinted spectacles.

For the record I do not feel bitterness that Wales failed to qualify. We just were not good enough.

The best team on the night won. Simple as. Yes England might and should have scored more than one in the first half but after half time there was a big gulf in class and there was only going to be one winner.
MoodyBluebird

Postby NyeBluebird » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:00 am

Christ what were you watching? England were outplayed for 100 of the 120 minutes...
NyeBluebird

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:08 am

Get a life you sad sad man. No bitterness that we didn’t qualify, we didn’t deserve to. How you can be a Welshman and support those pricks after A) the overwhelmingly biased media coverage of the tournament coupled with B) remaining neutral reporting in games Wales played at the Euros is astounding.
BluebirdWhitchurch

Postby TheHangedMan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:35 am

What game were you watching? You do realise England were the team in white do you?

They were totally dominated by Croatia from 30 minutes on and deserved nothing but a heavy defeat from that game, they were lucky to take it to extra time.
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:22 am

Bananas wrote:Shearer :laughing6: Ian Wright :laughing6: German Queen :laughing6: your team took one hell of a beating :laughing6:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:
Pembroke bluebird

Postby stevee1966 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:30 am

What a shame
Attachments
fa377462d35918f8f345680ac53e2617fa0a489b.JPG
fa377462d35918f8f345680ac53e2617fa0a489b.JPG (90.34 KiB) Viewed 1849 times
stevee1966

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:10 am

TheHangedMan wrote:

What game were you watching? You do realise England were the team in white do you?

They were totally dominated by Croatia from 30 minutes on and deserved nothing but a heavy defeat from that game, they were lucky to take it to extra time.

That's the way I saw it as well. There is no doubt that the 2022 world cup winners deserved to lose last night. The best team over the 120 or so minutes won, as most people outside England thought would happen. England are certainly on the up, and can beat sides like Panama and Tunisia and even draw against the likes of Columbia now, something they would struggle to have done not so long ago. I heard one of the TV pundits claim that England are one of the top four sides in the world because they reached the semi-finals. I guess that means that not so long back Portsmouth and Cardiff must have been the top two sides in the English League system. ;)
Steve Zodiak

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:37 am

:?

did you watch the game
paulh_85

Postby frazier » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:42 am

"Three lions on a turd"
frazier

Postby Bananas » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:46 am

frazier wrote:"Three lions on a turd"

:laughing6: :laughing6: and an extra one for the Wenglish on here :laughing6: :wave:
Bananas

Postby dogfound » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:10 am

its this sort of post that actually creates bitterness mate..

England were good for 30 mins.decent for another 15mins..then poor..need a manage not so much
a NEW manager but any old manager..
pretending they were the better team on the strength of 1 shot on target is a bit much.
dogfound

Postby blemmy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:27 am

MoodyBluebird wrote:No more crowing thank goodness. I can understand the excitement their relative success has caused but the hype becomes unbearable for non English fans and as usual it all ends in tears

Tonight they came up against a decent (not great) team, who after a poor first half showing blew England away in the second half. Croatia were technically superior to England after the break, their ease of movement and composure several levels above their opponents.

It's highly unlikely England will ever get a more favourable path through to a major final in future. I do think that with the odd exception, they are an average bunch of footballers who have overachieved during this tournament but to a large degree, this has been due to obstacles being removed from their path by other teams.

Only my opinion but any team that contains the likes of Jordan Henderson, Raheem Stirling and Dele Alli has no business contesting a World Cup final.

Agree totally - I have nothing against the players or Southgate and it must have been heart breaking to get so close and lose. We know what its like after Bale missed the Euros semi final and it basically cost us a place in a winnable final.

My gripe is totally with the English press and pundits who are so arrogant and dismissive of other nations and who were convinced and tried to convince everyone else that Southgate was the messiah they had waited for so long and with this group of players who were skilful and together and a real team; and after a couple of wins against really poor opposition, England were real contenders to win the world cup. It is sad that those generally young players had to suffer such disappointment to bring the press and pundits back to true reality - the reality being that even though they were lucky enough to find themselves in the easy side of the draw, they struggled to beat Tunisia in the group, beat Sunday league (the way they played - Sweden couldn't have scored if they were still playing!) teams in Sweden and Panama, were lucky the 4th penalty from Columbia hit the underside of the bar and came out or they would have been out then and lost to the only two half tidy teams they played in Belgium and Croatia!!

Even now we are being told by the English press and pundits that the foundations have been laid at this world cup for this group of players to take the next Euros and next world cup by storm!! I can see no foundations - they will likely never get another chance to win the world cup as the draw threw up for them this time and as I said they beat rubbish and lost to the only 2 decent teams they played!!? That is why England traditionally walk their qualifying group (predominantly against rubbish) and then fail against any one decent in the finals. This squad - which is eminently average - like many English squads before them - will be falsely built up by the English press and pundits and will then suffer a reality check and the inevitable vitriolic attack from their press until the next so called managerial saviour arrives on the scene and the merry go round of arrogance will start again - I'm afraid normal service will invariably be resumed!

When will they stop living in 1966 and realise that was in the middle of the last CENTURY!!!!
blemmy

Postby jimmy_rat » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:48 am

blemmy wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:No more crowing thank goodness. I can understand the excitement their relative success has caused but the hype becomes unbearable for non English fans and as usual it all ends in tears

Agree totally - I have nothing against the players or Southgate and it must have been heart breaking to get so close and lose. We know what its like after Bale missed the Euros semi final and it basically cost us a place in a winnable final.

My gripe is totally with the English press and pundits who are so arrogant and dismissive of other nations and who were convinced and tried to convince everyone else that Southgate was the messiah they had waited for so long and with this group of players who were skilful and together and a real team; and after a couple of wins against really poor opposition, England were real contenders to win the world cup. It is sad that those generally young players had to suffer such disappointment to bring the press and pundits back to true reality - the reality being that even though they were lucky enough to find themselves in the easy side of the draw, they struggled to beat Tunisia in the group, beat Sunday league (the way they played - Sweden couldn't have scored if they were still playing!) teams in Sweden and Panama, were lucky the 4th penalty from Columbia hit the underside of the bar and came out or they would have been out then and lost to the only two half tidy teams they played in Belgium and Croatia!!

Even now we are being told by the English press and pundits that the foundations have been laid at this world cup for this group of players to take the next Euros and next world cup by storm!! I can see no foundations - they will likely never get another chance to win the world cup as the draw threw up for them this time and as I said they beat rubbish and lost to the only 2 decent teams they played!!? That is why England traditionally walk their qualifying group (predominantly against rubbish) and then fail against any one decent in the finals. This squad - which is eminently average - like many English squads before them - will be falsely built up by the English press and pundits and will then suffer a reality check and the inevitable vitriolic attack from their press until the next so called managerial saviour arrives on the scene and the merry go round of arrogance will start again - I'm afraid normal service will invariably be resumed!

When will they stop living in 1966 and realise that was in the middle of the last CENTURY!!!!

Good post.

We all know the Euros is a harder competition to win. I mean Tunisia, Panama, Columbia and Sweden as a path to the semi's. I would say that some of the non qualified euro teams would beat that lot, Italy, Holland, Wales...! Plus the teams that were in the other half of the draw... Belgium, Brazil. They were very very very lucky with the draw as they always seem to be! Did well to get there, but looking at it as a major achievement... Nah.
jimmy_rat

Postby CityBlue93 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:45 pm

seen a thing on social media about 'scouse not english' and scousers genuinely supporting croatia last night... if all english people aren't even behind this team i dont know why the f**k the media and many on here are expecting wales to get behind the fuckers :laughing5: croatian flags at the ready for bournemouth
CityBlue93

Next

Return to General Chat