Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: THEY THINK ITS ALL OVER....

Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:12 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:No more crowing thank goodness. I can understand the excitement their relative success has caused but the hype becomes unbearable for non English fans and as usual it all ends in tears

Tonight they came up against a decent (not great) team, who after a poor first half showing blew England away in the second half. Croatia were technically superior to England after the break, their ease of movement and composure several levels above their opponents.

It's highly unlikely England will ever get a more favourable path through to a major final in future. I do think that with the odd exception, they are an average bunch of footballers who have overachieved during this tournament but to a large degree, this has been due to obstacles being removed from their path by other teams.

Only my opinion but any team that contains the likes of Jordan Henderson, Raheem Stirling and Dele Alli has no business contesting a World Cup final.

IMO Croatia's second half improvement was down to their manager tactically out thinking 'Sir Gareth Waistcoat'

They exploited England's shape and the fact they had two poor wing backs out wide. The Croat's had a complete free run down their right hand side as Ashley Young was hopeless and later the same down the left when Trippier became a passenger due to injury and Sir Gareth didn't replace him.

England should have changed shape but didn't and to my personal delight are now out of the WC. :occasion5:

Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:30 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:No more crowing thank goodness. I can understand the excitement their relative success has caused but the hype becomes unbearable for non English fans and as usual it all ends in tears

Tonight they came up against a decent (not great) team, who after a poor first half showing blew England away in the second half. Croatia were technically superior to England after the break, their ease of movement and composure several levels above their opponents.

It's highly unlikely England will ever get a more favourable path through to a major final in future. I do think that with the odd exception, they are an average bunch of footballers who have overachieved during this tournament but to a large degree, this has been due to obstacles being removed from their path by other teams.

Only my opinion but any team that contains the likes of Jordan Henderson, Raheem Stirling and Dele Alli has no business contesting a World Cup final.

IMO Croatia's second half improvement was down to their manager tactically out thinking 'Sir Gareth Waistcoat'

They exploited England's shape and the fact they had two poor wing backs out wide. The Croat's had a complete free run down their right hand side as Ashley Young was hopeless and later the same down the left when Trippier became a passenger due to injury and Sir Gareth didn't replace him.

England should have changed shape but didn't and to my personal delight are now out of the WC. :occasion5:

In the first half I was thinking that the Croatian team had peaked in the group stages but the second half proved me so wrong !

Can't see them beating the French in the final but stranger things have happened. At least there will be two good football teams contesting it.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:47 pm

As someone else mentioned today, England were lucky enough to have a kind draw. They did not really beat any of the top sides, and the three reasonable teams they came up against ended in two defeats and a draw (penalty shoot out excluded). They may have reached the semi finals, but I seriously doubt that they are better than the likes of Brazil, Germany, Spain, Argentina and a good few others. Sometimes you just get a kind draw in a tournament, and have to make the most of it as Cardiff did when they reached the FA Cup final a few years back. Personally, I don't think they will get a better chance of winning the WC than they were just given, and I doubt if they will be so lucky when the next teams are pulled out from the hat, as well as it being unlikely that so many of the big teams will fall during the early stages again. I have a feeling that this is close as they will get during my lifetime.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Dont speak English if that's how you feel boys... Er, cos the Queen speaks it and she hasnt been elected and we hate England and they're nasty and... blah blah bollocks..

Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:45 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Dont speak English if that's how you feel boys... Er, cos the Queen speaks it and she hasnt been elected and we hate England and they're nasty and... blah blah bollocks..

Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:46 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Dont speak English if that's how you feel boys... Er, cos the Queen speaks it and she hasnt been elected and we hate England and they're nasty and... blah blah bollocks..

Probably the most inane response I've ever seen on this forum. Congratulations !!

Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:05 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:The better team lost.

Embarrassing from those on this forum, pure bitterness after we didn’t qualify.

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: