WORLD CUP - RED CARDS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WORLD CUP - RED CARDS

Postby MoodyBluebird » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:15 am

Hardly any sendings-off so is this lenient attitude by referees a sign of things to come ?

The refs were obviously instructed during this tournament not to show red cards and for me it worked. I saw very few nasty challenges and refs also seemed reluctant to show second yellows for minor offences.

It will be interesting to see if our refs follow suit in the PL this season.
MoodyBluebird

WORLD CUP - RED CARDS

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: WORLD CUP - RED CARDS

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:46 am

MoodyBluebird wrote:Hardly any sendings-off so is this lenient attitude by referees a sign of things to come ?

The refs were obviously instructed during this tournament not to show red cards and for me it worked. I saw very few nasty challenges and refs also seemed reluctant to show second yellows for minor offences.

there hasnt really been too many challenges that warranted a red that didnt get one though, players playing fairer perhaps
paulh_85

Re: WORLD CUP - RED CARDS

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:55 am

paulh_85 wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:Hardly any sendings-off so is this lenient attitude by referees a sign of things to come ?

there hasnt really been too many challenges that warranted a red that didnt get one though, players playing fairer perhaps

More like refs ignoring cheating players who want osar for acting? Saw lot of refs playing on or refusing to book players after seeing the over reaction to being touched with a finger by opposition? :old:
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat