We need more!

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We need more!

Postby Jparry » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:37 pm

Just grujic isn't enough we need another CM player. I don't believe that will keep us up
Jparry

We need more!

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: We need more!

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:39 pm

Jparry wrote:Just grujic isn't enough we need another CM player. I don't believe that will keep us up

Its certainly a concern, im hoping Warnock is just playing it down and plans to bring in a first team central midfielder to play alongside Ralls
2blue2handle

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:24 pm

I think We'll play with 2 in the middle so it will be fine.

Grujic & Ralls with Gunnar as cover.
Reid, Hoilett will be more central I think also...
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:39 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:I think We'll play with 2 in the middle so it will be fine.

I'm happy with a midfield of Ralls and Grujic but if one gets injured I'm really concerned that we'll go into games with a combo of Ralls/Gunnars, Grujic/Gunnars which will be ripped apart by other premier league teams, just look what happened when we played Fulham at home against teams with movement and quick passing. I still think we need Grujic another CM and a striker.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:43 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:I think We'll play with 2 in the middle so it will be fine.

I'm happy with a midfield of Ralls and Grujic but if one gets injured I'm really concerned that we'll go into games with a combo of Ralls/Gunnars, Grujic/Gunnars which will be ripped apart by other premier league teams, just look what happened when we played Fulham at home against teams with movement and quick passing. I still think we need Grujic another CM and a striker.

Absolutely correct. The midfield at present is weaker than last season which doesn’t bode well. I can’t understand the posters happy with this situation.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:52 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

Absolutely correct. The midfield at present is weaker than last season which doesn’t bode well. I can’t understand the posters happy with this situation.

Don't get me wrong I'd like another to be added but I don't think its as bad as what people think.
Reid and Tomlin can both play in the middle. Bamba can play in front of the back 4/5 also.
Don't forget we have Paterson and Damour who can run all day. :bluescarf:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby City Slicker » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:52 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

Agreed
City Slicker

Postby Dahboy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:25 pm

Why do you keep saying gunner? If he makes one start in the prem it will be one start to many. Don't get it.
Dahboy

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:02 am

Dahboy wrote:

Why do you keep saying gunner? If he makes one start in the prem it will be one start to many. Don't get it.

I don't keep saying Gunnar!?
I'm not a huge fan of him and I didn't want his contract renewed.
However, I know he always puts 100% in and I'd rather have him as a replacement than someone who just wants to pick up a wage.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Return to General Chat