People from Bridgend

A forum for all things Cardiff City

People from Bridgend

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:33 am

Does anyone from know a guy called Benjamin (Ben) from Bridgend, aged 40, who woke up on Saturday morning with a hangover and possible black eye?

I was out for a meal with my wife this Friday just gone and as we were about to go into Viva Brazil at about 3.30pm, we noticed a guy getting dragged off the road by another bloke, who it turned out had punched him and was very remorseful.

The guy on the floor (Ben) was surrounded by drunks and was unresponsive. I checked his airway was clear, maintained it and ensured he was breathing, before putting him into the recovery position. I was concerned about the amount of blood coming from his mouth at this point, so closely monitored him to ensure he didn’t choke.

Eventually, he regained consciousness and was evidentially drunk.

The police arrived and informed him he was to leave Cardiff for 24 hours as he had unsuccessfully thrown the first punch and that no further medical treatment could be administrated as he was declining it.

He was extremely grateful to me, but not particularly helpful towards the police. We didn’t exchange numbers and he was so drunk he probably can’t remember anything from the entire incident. He informed me he’d had an argument with his missus and was out drinking on his own.

A few of the more sober individuals outside the Great Western (where they’d all been drinking) shook my hand and one drunk guy even went as far as an applause, before we went for our meal over an hour later than planned.

If it was me, I’d want to know what happened, hence this message.

P.S. He owes me a quid for the extra parking charge. :lol:

Thanks in advance!
103 Barmy Army

People from Bridgend

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: People from Bridgend

Postby avondaleblue » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:02 am

I was upstairs in the GW and saw the aftermath of the guy lying on the pavement but didn't see what happened. The police had another bloke in handcuffs and were talking to him for ages. I think he was released by the police. Were you the guy in shorts and had a blue medical glove on?
avondaleblue

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:22 am

avondaleblue wrote:I was upstairs in the GW and saw the aftermath of the guy lying on the pavement but didn't see what happened. The police had another bloke in handcuffs and were talking to him for ages. I think he was released by the police. Were you the guy in shorts and had a blue medical glove on?

Yes, that was me in the light blue shorts and a white top. Some people turned up in red tops who worked alongside the police and had a severely depleted medical kit with them. They had one spare glove, hence my Michael Jackson impression.

I’m a First Aid instructor in the RAF, so the drunks were quite happy to see me. :lol:

If I’d known a Bluebird was upstairs, I’d have joined you for a shandy.
103 Barmy Army

Postby avondaleblue » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:22 pm

If you had started moonwalking I would have brought you a pint. Yes I saw several of those street ambassadors assisting. Good to see somebody doing something good to help a fellow human being :ayatollah:
avondaleblue

Postby Xcasual » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:50 pm

103 Barmy Army wrote:
avondaleblue wrote:I was upstairs in the GW and saw the aftermath of the guy lying on the pavement but didn't see what happened. The police had another bloke in handcuffs and were talking to him for ages. I think he was released by the police. Were you the guy in shorts and had a blue medical glove on?

Yes, that was me in the light blue shorts and a white top. Some people turned up in red tops who worked alongside the police and had a severely depleted medical kit with them. They had one spare glove, hence my Michael Jackson impression.

I’m a First Aid instructor in the RAF, so the drunks were quite happy to see me. :lol:

Well done mate ,Do you know of any first aid courses I could attend ? As I teach self defence I’d like to learn just in case something happens to one of my pupils. PM me if you could mate :occasion5:
Xcasual

Postby Dahboy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:43 pm

Xcasual wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:

Well done mate ,Do you know of any first aid courses I could attend ? As I teach self defence I’d like to learn just in case something happens to one of my pupils. PM me if you could mate :occasion5:

You weren't the one who punched him were you? We've nearly solved this in one thread :occasion5:
Dahboy

Postby RV Casual » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:11 pm

103 Barmy Army wrote:Does anyone from know a guy called Benjamin (Ben) from Bridgend, aged 40, who woke up on Saturday morning with a hangover and possible black eye?

I was out for a meal with my wife this Friday just gone and as we were about to go into Viva Brazil at about 3.30pm, we noticed a guy getting dragged off the road by another bloke, who it turned out had punched him and was very remorseful.

The guy on the floor (Ben) was surrounded by drunks and was unresponsive. I checked his airway was clear, maintained it and ensured he was breathing, before putting him into the recovery position. I was concerned about the amount of blood coming from his mouth at this point, so closely monitored him to ensure he didn’t choke.

Eventually, he regained consciousness and was evidentially drunk.

The police arrived and informed him he was to leave Cardiff for 24 hours as he had unsuccessfully thrown the first punch and that no further medical treatment could be administrated as he was declining it.

He was extremely grateful to me, but not particularly helpful towards the police. We didn’t exchange numbers and he was so drunk he probably can’t remember anything from the entire incident. He informed me he’d had an argument with his missus and was out drinking on his own.

A few of the more sober individuals outside the Great Western (where they’d all been drinking) shook my hand and one drunk guy even went as far as an applause, before we went for our meal over an hour later than planned.

If it was me, I’d want to know what happened, hence this message.

P.S. He owes me a quid for the extra parking charge. :lol:

Thanks in advance!

Good on you mate, fair play :thumbup:
RV Casual

Postby Xcasual » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:51 pm

Dahboy wrote:
Xcasual wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:

You weren't the one who punched him were you? We've nearly solved this in one thread :occasion5:

:laughing6: Na I would’ve gently choked him out,Nice and clean and no blood involved :occasion5:
Xcasual

Postby Dahboy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:15 pm

Xcasual wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
Xcasual wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:

:laughing6: Na I would’ve gently choked him out,Nice and clean and no blood involved :occasion5:

:lol:
Dahboy

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:36 pm

Xcasual wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:

Thanks! Unfortunately I’m only covered to teach the guys and girls serving in the military, but I’d highly recommend doing one. My previous martial arts instructor did one for the same reason and it’s well worth doing. In the meantime, you can download the British RedCross app (white with a Red Cross, green in the bottom right with a white cross) which provides a step by step guide.

I’d highly recommend it as it covers most First Aid emergancies such as bleeding, head injuries... oh, and choking casualties. :lol:
103 Barmy Army

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:37 pm

103 Barmy Army wrote:
Xcasual wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:

Thanks! Unfortunately I’m only covered to teach the guys and girls serving in the military, but I’d highly recommend doing one. My previous martial arts instructor did one for the same reason and it’s well worth doing. In the meantime, you can download the British RedCross app (white with a Red Cross, green in the bottom right with a white cross) which provides a step by step guide.

I’d highly recommend it as it covers most First Aid emergancies such as bleeding, head injuries... oh, and choking casualties. :lol:

It’s also free. :thumbup:
103 Barmy Army

Postby Xcasual » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:12 pm

103 Barmy Army wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:
Xcasual wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:

It’s also free. :thumbup:

Cheers pal and I appreciate the job you’re doing :occasion5:
Xcasual

Postby streamfeeder » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:45 pm

Xcasual wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
Xcasual wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:

my son is a martial arts instructor, when he got his black belt a few years go he had to do a sports first aid course with st johns ambulance, it was a full days course and i think it cost about £80, the courses are based in cardiff and well worth it
streamfeeder

Postby Xcasual » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:29 pm

streamfeeder wrote:
Xcasual wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
Xcasual wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:

my son is a martial arts instructor, when he got his black belt a few years go he had to do a sports first aid course with st johns ambulance, it was a full days course and i think it cost about £80, the courses are based in cardiff and well worth it

Cheers mate I will look into that,What does your son teach.Out of interest ?
Xcasual

Postby streamfeeder » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:53 pm

Xcasual wrote:
streamfeeder wrote:
Xcasual wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
Xcasual wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:

he was teaching fung yang sau kung fu, the last year he was practically stopped going to kung fu as he is only 17 and didnt enjoy teaching, he justs wants a rough and tumble tbh so he now does goshinkai which is a mix of jujitsu and karate/kungfu and filipino boxing which is mainly weapons training, he was only 15 when he got to black belt in kung fu as he had been going since age 5, to do the first aid course they wanted for him to be an instructor you had to be over 16 so i had to sit in with him as a guardian so thats how i know it was a really good course for martial arts
streamfeeder

Postby Xcasual » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:30 am

streamfeeder wrote:
Xcasual wrote:
streamfeeder wrote:
Xcasual wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
Xcasual wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:

he was teaching fung yang sau kung fu, the last year he was practically stopped going to kung fu as he is only 17 and didnt enjoy teaching, he justs wants a rough and tumble tbh so he now does goshinkai which is a mix of jujitsu and karate/kungfu and filipino boxing which is mainly weapons training, he was only 15 when he got to black belt in kung fu as he had been going since age 5, to do the first aid course they wanted for him to be an instructor you had to be over 16 so i had to sit in with him as a guardian so thats how i know it was a really good course for martial arts

Tell him to pop over to us :thumbup:

http://www.kontaktkombat.co
Xcasual

Postby streamfeeder » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:11 pm

hes looking at moving to cardiff next year to study at uni so he will more than likely try you out :thumbup:
streamfeeder

Postby Xcasual » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:28 pm

streamfeeder wrote:hes looking at moving to cardiff next year to study at uni so he will more than likely try you out :thumbup:

:ayatollah:
Xcasual

Return to General Chat