WORLD CUP FINAL “ France v Croatia “ Kick off 4pm

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:40 pm

The World Cup Final takes place at 4pm today in Moscow.

France, who won the trophy in 1998, take on Croatia - who have had a brilliant tournament but never won the World Cup.

Should be a great game and it’s live on both BBC and ITV.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: WORLD CUP FINAL “ France v Croatia “ Kick off 4pm

Postby thomasblue » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:11 pm

This has got the potential to be one of the best finals ever.
Two teams with very different styles and both very very good at what they do.

In all fairness the two best teams in this world cup have made the final which is not always the case.

Hopefully France score first which will make for a very entertaining game as Croatia will not want to hold the ball so much when chasing a goal.

I think Croatia will win this in Extra time 3-2
thomasblue

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:44 pm

Can anyone say that was deliberate handball? What ever happened to accidental handball? var as consistently caused handball decisions o be wrong as it's open to interpretation! It took ref 2 mins at looking at the screen to finally make mind up so it was not obvious.! :o
pembroke allan

Postby thomasblue » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:52 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Can anyone say that was deliberate handball? What ever happened to accidental handball? var as consistently caused handball decisions o be wrong as it's open to interpretation! It took ref 2 mins at looking at the screen to finally make mind up so it was not obvious.! :o

I cant see how he can give that. VAR and the referee got that wrong in my opinion.

The free kick award was questionable aswell. He dived before the contact
thomasblue

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:56 pm

thomasblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Can anyone say that was deliberate handball? What ever happened to accidental handball? var as consistently caused handball decisions o be wrong as it's open to interpretation! It took ref 2 mins at looking at the screen to finally make mind up so it was not obvious.! :o

I cant see how he can give that. VAR and the referee got that wrong in my opinion.

The free kick award was questionable aswell. He dived before the contact

They've consistently got handball decisions wrong ref looked at monitor for 2 mins then as went to go he looked again so he was not 100% sure yet gave it! and looking at greesman he dived before contact wrong decision by ref!
pembroke allan

Postby Wayne S » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:07 pm

I'm obviously the only one who saw it as a penalty and also Griezman was fouled.

There was actual eye contact on the ball and Perisic moved his hand down to the ball. It actually stopped the ball from crossing the penalty box.
Wayne S

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:58 pm

That for me was one of the best finals ever. Both teams went for it, 6 goals and 2 teams worthy of being there
CF23 Bluebird

Postby jimmy_rat » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:00 pm

Brilliant game that.

France deserved winners of the tourney in my opinion. Beat Croatia, Belgium Uruguay and Argentina on the way.
jimmy_rat

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:05 pm

[quote="Wayne S"]I'm obviously the only one who saw it as a penalty and also Griezman was fouled.

There was actual eye contact on the ball and Perisic moved his hand down to the ball. It actually stopped the ball from crossing the penalty box.[/qu

Where was he suppose to look with ball coming his way behind him? :o and no your not only one who thought it was pen and that's the point it was not an obvious pen if ref takes 3 mins to decide so should not be given! And greesman was halfway down and off his legs as shown in slow motion before he fell into players legs same as renaldo did and couple of other incidents resulting in pens! :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:07 pm

Wayne S wrote:I'm obviously the only one who saw it as a penalty and also Griezman was fouled.

There was actual eye contact on the ball and Perisic moved his hand down to the ball. It actually stopped the ball from crossing the penalty box.

I saw it as a penalty, Wayne :thumbright:

The path of the ball was clearly impeded by the outstretched hand, i.e HANDball! ;)

The better side (Les Bleus) won in the end and congratulations to them! :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:27 pm

Sven wrote:
Wayne S wrote:I'm obviously the only one who saw it as a penalty and also Griezman was fouled.

I saw it as a penalty, Wayne :thumbright:

The path of the ball was clearly impeded by the outstretched hand, i.e HANDball! ;)

The better side (Les Bleus) won in the end and congratulations to them! :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Better side did win and if England got there they would have lost as well! Sorry Sven if ball hits you anywhere it will stop path of ball? Hand ball is suppose to be deliberate well use to be but var seems to think all handball is deliberate now! For what it's worth shearer and Rio said no pen and ref took 3 mins to decide that's how clear a pen it was? :o
pembroke allan

Postby dogfound » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:06 am

where exactly should he be looking..?
he wasnt even looking is often used as a defence for hand ball decisions..but looking towards where the ball is coming from is not and has never been part of the rule..or has stopping the ball which will happen if deliberate or not.
as Allan said if it was a clear error {which is what VAR is supposedly for} it would have taken an instant not 3 mins plus..and there would be very little debate...unclear..unsure = no pen.
dogfound

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:19 am

dogfound wrote:

where exactly should he be looking..?
he wasnt even looking is often used as a defence for hand ball decisions..but looking towards where the ball is coming from is not and has never been part of the rule..or has stopping the ball which will happen if deliberate or not.
as Allan said if it was a clear error {which is what VAR is supposedly for} it would have taken an instant not 3 mins plus..and there would be very little debate...unclear..unsure = no pen.

originally was said ref didnt see it so var revued it they then said to ref take look at it which he did but quite obviously he was not sure or wouldnt have taken so long to make mind up so definately not clear deliberate handball! var is for clear errors and when it comes to handball var is clearly the one making errors as previous mistakes with handball decisions as shown :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat