" Neil Warnock’s Plea "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Neil Warnock’s Plea "

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:31 pm

" Neil Warnock’s Plea For Rain Answered In West Devon "

By Terry Phillips

Monday 16th July 2018

Dai Sport are in Devon and Cornwall with Neil Warnock’s Cardiff City this week. Here is the first part of our pre-season tour diary. Watch out for part two tomorrow.

The Bluebirds management were delighted to see a decent spell of heavy rain in Cornwall and Devon this morning.

Neil Warnock was concerned that pitches baked in the fierce sun would be so hard there would be a risk of injuries.

He fielded teams comprising mainly under-23 players at Taffs Well and Truro and there were a few minor muscle strains, particularly at the Treyew Road Stadium on Monday.

Truro’s pitch was flat and cared for, but they are not allowed to water it properly during the hot spell of weather.

The rain will ensure the playing surface at Langsford Park, Tavistock will at least have a little give in it this evening.

Cardiff City took on the White Tigers of Truro City yesterday, while the Bluebirds are now in West Devon preparing to play the Lambs of Tavistock, who play in the South West Peninsular League Premier.

The home team have said this is the biggest match ever staged by the club. Cardiff did play at Tavistock a year ago, but now they are a Premier League team.

Lambs manager Stuart Henderson and his players have expressed their excitement at the prospect of new signings Bobby Reid, Irish international Greg Cunningham, Josh Murphy and goalkeeper Alex Smithies playing against their team.

“I am absolutely delighted Cardiff are coming to Langsford Park,” said Henderson. “It will be a massive test for the players to try and compete against top quality Premier League opposition.”

Tavistock finished runners-up in the Peninsular League last season with Plymouth Parkway winning the title and earning promotion.

Neil Warnock gives his Cardiff City first team squad a first taste of full match action against West Devon club Tavistock FC tonight.

Captain Sean Morrison will lead the team out and Warnock says: “It’s an exciting time at Cardiff City. I want to ensure kids come to matches at Cardiff City Stadium this season and enjoy themselves.”

New outfield signings Reid, Murphy and Cunningham have added quality, pace and knowhow to the squad, while Smithies will provide stiff competition for last season’s first choice goalie Neil Etheridge.

Twins Paul and Jack McKay, the sons of football agent Willie, are in Cardiff’s under-23 squad for the coming season.

Centre-half Paul has impressed in his two appearances for the Bluebirds in pre-season – against Taffs Well and Truro City – while striker Jack is currently ruled out by injury.

The 21-year-old twins joined Cardiff from Leeds United and earned contracts through to 2020 after extended trials in South Wales.

The defensive partnership between Paul and former Wealdstone centre-back Ciaron Brown, 20, was good to watch against Truro as the two young players kept out Vanarama National League opposition.

Both were composed and effective, playing for each other to help goalkeepers Lee Camp, who played for an hour, and Matthew Hall keep clean sheets.

Brown also has a Cardiff contract which makes him through to 2020.

Brayden Shaw, the 21-year-old midfield player currently on trial with Cardiff City, gave the club’s under-23 kit-man a problem this week.

His big frame meant there were no numbered shirts which fitted the powerful former Bangor City player.

The Bluebirds quickly came up with the answer. They have slightly bigger shirts with numbers available and one of those fitted Shaw comfortably.

Blackburn-born Shaw, who started his career with Bury and then joined Accrington Stanley, is a force through the middle and club manager Neil Warnock was able to watch him closely during Cardiff’s 2-0 win at Truro City.

Shaw is one of two players who have switched from Bangor City to Cardiff, along with 21-year-old goalkeeper Matthew Shaw.

England international Jamie Vardy has played his part in helping Cardiff City trialist Ryan Pryce stay off the roof!

Pryce, who spent time at Vardy’s V9 Academy, is intent on playing first team football at the highest level possible and says: “My dad, Gary, has got his own business. He always says that if it doesn’t work out I can go and work with him.

“He’s a roofer. I go with him sometimes, but the days are long. I start at seven and get back at like five.

“You just don’t appreciate how easy football is. In the freezing cold on the roofs, I don’t want to do that.”

Pryce, who is from Shawbirch, Telford and plays for Welsh Premier League champions The New Saints, spent time at Vardy’s V9 Academy.

Now Cardiff are looking closely at the potential of the 20-year-old, whose ambition is to earn a full-time contract with Cardiff.

The former Shrewsbury Town player has had trials at Manchester City and Middlesbrough, while he is currently on Cardiff’s pre-season tour to Devon and Cornwall.

Pryce has played European Champions League football for TNS and now has his heart set on making the grade with Warnock’s Bluebirds.
Attachments
IMG_1479-1.jpg
IMG_1479-1.jpg (73.62 KiB) Viewed 2518 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

" Neil Warnock’s Plea "

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Return to General Chat