Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Burnley to sign Swansea player

Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:43 am

BURNLEY IN FOR CLUCAS

17/07/18

Talks will continue today as Burnley look to strengthen their midfield options with the signing of Swansea midfielder Sam Clucas.

Sean Dyche is a long-term admirers of the 27-year-old, who he tried to sign from Hull a year ago. Negotiations still have some way to go on a deal understood to be worth around £12m.

Burnley begin their Europa League campaign in nine days’ time.

Re: Burnley to sign Swansea player

Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:46 am

Another player out the door, but how he's worth £12m after a season like that baffles me.

Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:56 am

langstoneBlue wrote:Another player out the door, but how he's worth £12m after a season like that baffles me.

Of the players gone to date they do seem to be getting a better return than I thought they would. It'll count for nothing though when the yanks trouser it and they're left with a thread bare squad and a few unable to shift has beens tying up 90% of the wage budget.

Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:56 am

langstoneBlue wrote:Another player out the door, but how he's worth £12m after a season like that baffles me.

Of the players gone to date they do seem to be getting a better return than I thought they would. It'll count for nothing though when the yanks trouser it and they're left with a thread bare squad and a few unable to shift has beens tying up 90% of the wage budget.