Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Confident

Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:42 am

If we play to our strengths which is a solid defence and quicksilver counter attacking I'm confident we can make a real fist of it and stay up

Re: Confident

Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:16 pm

Completely agree, the fixtures have been fairly kind to us giving us an 'opportunity' for a strong start which will get the confidence following.

We will Certainly give the other teams a different style/approach to the norm.

Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:31 pm

I really think we will be ok and will surprise quite a few people

Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:11 pm

Who’s going to break up play, in the middle of the park? That still needs addressing. We still need a Kante, or Gary Medel type player to come in.

Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:21 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:Who’s going to break up play, in the middle of the park? That still needs addressing. We still need a Kante, or Gary Medel type player to come in.

I know most won't be very excited, but Jack Coldback could be an option. Doing nothing at Newcastle, so could get for nothing, he on a reported £45k a week, so that would need to come down.
Thought he was excellent against us when playing for Nottingham forest end of last season.

Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:15 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:Who’s going to break up play, in the middle of the park? That still needs addressing. We still need a Kante, or Gary Medel type player to come in.

I reckon we will be by-passing the midfield as we haven't got one.

Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:14 pm

pick and shovel wrote:

I reckon we will be by-passing the midfield as we haven't got one.

A little extream, we do have a midfield which is setup for how we play, ie breakup play, get the ball wide/forward quickly, and support in the box as much as poss. We all agree it just needs strengthening which will happen.

Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:30 pm

We are going to a league where they cannot defend set plays. Been like it for seasons.
We will be fine. Aslong as the defence is as good as last season.