OFF TOPIC POLL: SECOND REFERENDUM?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If a second referendum were to occur, would you CHANGE your vote from last time?

YES
26%
NO
74%

Total votes : 136

Re: OFF TOPIC POLL: SECOND REFERENDUM?

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:49 pm

Voted remain and stand by that belief. Don’t want a second referendum. I believe in democracy.

If we lose to Bournemouth 1-0 in our first game, due to a dive in the penalty box and a penalty scored, we wouldn’t expect the match to be played again.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby BlueMoon1974 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:04 pm

dogfound wrote:
BlueMoon1974 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:The trouble with democracy is that stupid people are allowed to vote.

define stupid people...

People who voted with little knowledge on subject matter and just say fuc.... the EU.

WATCH THIS CLIP FOR A 1.5 MINS
BREXITERS KNOW JOBS WILL GO BUT SAY ITS WORTH THE HIT

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/vi ... stoms-bill

and i suppose your the expert on the subject matter ...?

No expert on anything, just someone who reads up a tad instead of saying fu..... the EU . If there was a vote noe remsin would win because people better educated now on the subject.

Anyway, a hard cliff edge brexit is not going to happen. Soft runny brexit it is im afraid.
BlueMoon1974

Postby T1JMO » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:14 pm

I think more than 52% would now vote to leave based on the most recent polls.
T1JMO

Postby troobloo3339 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:22 pm

BlueMoon1974 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
BlueMoon1974 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:The trouble with democracy is that stupid people are allowed to vote.

define stupid people...

People who voted with little knowledge on subject matter and just say fuc.... the EU.

WATCH THIS CLIP FOR A 1.5 MINS
BREXITERS KNOW JOBS WILL GO BUT SAY ITS WORTH THE HIT

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/vi ... stoms-bill

and i suppose your the expert on the subject matter ...?

No expert on anything, just someone who reads up a tad instead of saying fu..... the EU . If there was a vote noe remsin would win because people better educated now on the subject.

Anyway, a hard cliff edge brexit is not going to happen. Soft runny brexit it is im afraid.

What makes you think we were not educated before then
The thick remainers were very educated were they not all Thier predictions have not or will not happen
Stand up and be counted I say
And IMO Airbus are bluffing big time as are most big businesses,they have known but not believed that brexit will happen
How come they haven't fu...d off allready
Time to tell the e. U. What we will except or they can do one aswell
troobloo3339

Postby blue lagoon » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:05 pm

I totally agree, people not versed on the subject. Not everybody but a high percentage.
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
blue lagoon

Postby droyal » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:08 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

So 17m people are stupid? (Brexit) :roll:
Or are you referring to remain voters? :laughing6:

:D :thumbup:
droyal

Postby rossblue » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:08 pm

No matter what happens, We as a population will receive less and less help from the gocernment. It's their jobs to help us all prosper and they seem to make it harder and harder to make a living with every election. Bugger the government because no matter who is in power we don't get to decide on any of the big decisions such as going to war, cutting nhs budgets or public service cuts. We just get to pick whether we like red or blue. If your life will be a success it's because of what you do not what government have done. It won't make any difference to any of us that don't earn over hundreds of thousands a year anyway.
rossblue

Postby BlueMoon1974 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:42 am

Your future leader. Working class like you. Leavers like turkey's voting for Christmas and saying fu.... um all.
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-07-18-06-38-50.png
We're in this together
Screenshot_2018-07-18-06-38-50.png (187.83 KiB) Viewed 582 times
BlueMoon1974

Postby BlueMoon1974 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:47 am

Working class betrayed
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-07-18-06-46-05.png
Screenshot_2018-07-18-06-46-05.png (357.37 KiB) Viewed 577 times
BlueMoon1974

Postby BlueMoon1974 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:48 am

BlueMoon1974

Postby Bluebina » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:30 am

We shouldn't really talk politics or religion on a Cardiff City website, it's divisive and will cause rifts!!!

We are all bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Postby bluebird58 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:15 am

Whoever you vote for, the government always wins. The trouble is, there is no reason why a group of faceless Civil Service bureaucrats in London are likely to make better decisions for this country than a group of faceless Civil Service bureaucrats from Europe. Whatever your method of electing a government - democracy, dictatorship or communism - people from the same background hold power in all forms . Usually, the people who own the economic resources of a country, or the friends of those people.

Although a little dated now, I recommend “The Power Elite” by C. Wright Mills to explain it all.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby Milkybarkid » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:20 am

Currently 26% would change there mind based on the little survey If we had a new vote and the trend was the same it would be a landslide vote to stay Makes you think
Milkybarkid

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:30 am

Milkybarkid wrote:Currently 26% would change there mind based on the little survey If we had a new vote and the trend was the same it would be a landslide vote to stay Makes you think

how did you work that one out
paulh_85

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:56 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:Currently 26% would change there mind based on the little survey If we had a new vote and the trend was the same it would be a landslide vote to stay Makes you think

Paul this is typical Remainer nonsense. They pluck figures out of the air and use them as fact to undermine the Referendum result.

The simple answer to Milkybarkid's post is Leave won and now that result should be honoured.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:01 am

bluebird58 wrote:Whoever you vote for, the government always wins. The trouble is, there is no reason why a group of faceless Civil Service bureaucrats in London are likely to make better decisions for this country than a group of faceless Civil Service bureaucrats from Europe. Whatever your method of electing a government - democracy, dictatorship or communism - people from the same background hold power in all forms . Usually, the people who own the economic resources of a country, or the friends of those people.

Although a little dated now, I recommend “The Power Elite” by C. Wright Mills to explain it all.

I agree that the system of democracy is not perfect. But you can achieve change things if you are determined enough.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:04 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Paul this is typical Remainer nonsense. They pluck figures out of the air and use them as fact to undermine the Referendum result.

The simple answer to Milkybarkid's post is Leave won and now that result should be honoured.

All so called surveys I am coming across is that it will be a comfortable Leave vote this time.

Those that voted Remain who have changed their minds say any another Referendum would undermine Democracy and they whould change their vote to Leave to keep that intact. Infact most of those say it should be a HARD Brexit and not this nancy pancy soft stuff.

That's the British way.
Bakedalasker

Postby Milkybarkid » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:18 am

paulh_85 wrote:

26% of the people who have voted on the site have said they would change to remain All I said if this was replicated in the nation the country would have a landslide remain now
Just found it interesting so many said they would remain I am not saying we should have a new vote thou At least people in the uk can change who they vote for every five years at least.People do change their mind but we will not see another vote on this subject in my lifetime I am sure.
I voted out by the way and I am not sure I would change it , but I close to sitting on the fence on the matter if truth be told
Milkybarkid

Postby Milkybarkid » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:21 am

paulh_85 wrote:

Where did I say I would want a revote just stating the facts from out small survey that 26% of the people would change and that would leave a landslide if the vote did happen again to stay if out small sample was replicated
Milkybarkid

Postby Northwalesblues » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:27 am

Since we voted to leave, two things have become obvious, our Politicians have shown themselves to be a load of gutless, back-stabbing wingers, constantly attacking the opposition yet not having the balls to do the best for Britain and their counterparts, the un-elected EU representatives in Brussels, who have shown their true colours, smugly and snidely, constantly deriding us, feeling confident that they can bully us into accepting whatever is best for them.

The time for bickering about leaving or remaining is over, at the end of next March we are leaving and judging by the performance to date it will be with “no deal”. There will be pain all around, but who suffers most? the fat-cat, over paid, under worked City Hotshots, perhaps; the honest hard grafting British working man, maybe; or the economies of each and every EU member State, most definitely; We spend a hugely disproportionate amount with the EU, the potential loss of our business will have a devastating affect on individual member State economies, not to mention the loss of the huge financial contribution we put each year into the EU coffers.

What should be obvious, to even the most ardent remainers, is that since the vote we have had no positive pro-active attempt from Brussels to offer a deal to protect their huge revenue earner. Whilst not suggesting we ask Mr. Trump to “play our hand” wouldn’t it be great to have one of our Politicians to tell the Brussel’s Bureaucrats “as it is”, “take it or leave it”.

Oh for someone to grow a pair and just go out there and get the best for Britain.

Rant over & remembering this is football forum, exiled, as I am, from “home” here in North Wales I’ve never felt so positive for a new season, really optimistic that NW can convert a Championship squad into one that can silence the doubters in the Premiership, watching the World Cup, it’s amazing how top class defenders are done by pace, which we have in all areas. I’m a big fan of a creative mid-fielder and wonder if NW can work his magic on Lee Tomlin, perhaps his fate is sealed, but head and fitness sorted, he surely has what it takes to be a premiership star.
:bluescarf: :ayatollah:
Northwalesblues

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:33 am

Milkybarkid wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Where did I say I would want a revote just stating the facts from out small survey that 26% of the people would change and that would leave a landslide if the vote did happen again to stay if out small sample was replicated

We all know how accurate polls are! And polls can be manipulated depending on the question asked,
And at moment they jump on anything to suggest we need 2nd vote. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:38 am

Milkybarkid wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

26% of the people who have voted on the site have said they would change to remain All I said if this was replicated in the nation the country would have a landslide remain now
Just found it interesting so many said they would remain I am not saying we should have a new vote thou At least people in the uk can change who they vote for every five years at least.People do change their mind but we will not see another vote on this subject in my lifetime I am sure.
I voted out by the way and I am not sure I would change it , but I close to sitting on the fence on the matter if truth be told

how do you know all 26% of people voted leave in the first place?

how do you know all 100% of people actually read the question properly like you clearly didnt.
paulh_85

Postby Milkybarkid » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:08 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

how do you know all 26% of people voted leave in the first place?

how do you know all 100% of people actually read the question properly like you clearly didnt.

You do have a valid point there I did assume that it was remainers we’re the ones that changed there mind I would hazard a guess that the majority were the ones who would change but as I say I assume so
Milkybarkid

Postby Bluebirdforlife77 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:46 am

Not one person in the uk was educated well enough on our membership of the eu and what negatives and benefits the country gets. No one knows everything of what the eu covers. People who say we weren’t educated enough to understand the pros and cons are right. People who say we were educated are delusional and prove how little they know about the eu to think they know all it’s workings.

Would I have given the country a vote on this not a chance. Not when we have already voted for our representatives that’s they job not ours we put them there.

I voted leave by the way but no way I know enough about the eu to know 100% it’s the right choice.

I want a second vote and I would urge all leavers to want the second vote because as it stands we not getting the brexit we wanted. We need to show the government what we want, now that they made the foolish decision to give us the reigns.

No true leave voter would lie down and accept what we being given. People say accept democracy but it’s nit happening and they not following the will of the voters. And by not having a second vote it means we get a fluffy brexit. Remainers are the real winners if there’s no second vote I’m afraid.
Bluebirdforlife77

Postby Dave67 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:06 am

Second Referendum Poll - YouGov 18/07/2018

The poll here is very wide of the national Opinion Polls. That said this board is not very representative of the electorate in general.

Groups most likely to support Brexit are

Men
Aged 50+
Working Class
Dave67

Postby McNaughtyButNice » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:05 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
McNaughtyButNice wrote:I voted remain first time and would do so again. However I don't think there should be another vote, but I do think the government should fight for the best possible deal for the country and to my mind that has to include an Eu trade deal and customs union. No deal leaves us in an unknown situation and uncertainty is definitely not a good thing for the economy and the country as a whole.

I would argue that it is not a completely unknown situation as many of us were around long before we joined the Common Market. I accept that the World is different to back in those days, and can see your point. When we had the last vote to remain in the European Community, I voted yes. It was sold to us as a good trading arrangement, employment stability, aiding the poorer countries,promoting world peace and various other benefits. Nobody mentioned handing over law making powers, uncontrolled immigration etc. Had they done so, I am sure a lot of people including myself would have voted the other way. You could say that one of the reasons we are in the EU in the first place is because it was sold to us on the back of things that were not strictly true.

Steve
I think what went on before we became members of the Eu is irrelevant as it is a completely different world both economically, socially, politically and technologically. (Yes I am old enough to remember it too!)
I also agree that when we voted "in" this wsa to the "common market" and not all of the E legislation we have now.
What I would like to see is an agreement where we are still in a "common market" with a level playing field, but not under the legal jurisdictionof the Eu. Happy to tae the result of the referendum vote and do not believe we need another vote, but there has to be a trade deal in place otherwiase everyone will suffer both in the UK and on the remaining Eu member states. I believe that "No deal" is a bad deal for everyone.
McNaughtyButNice

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:29 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:You do have a valid point there I did assume that it was remainers we’re the ones that changed there mind I would hazard a guess that the majority were the ones who would change but as I say I assume so

So your theory is in tatters? As posted above you have no idea what the 26% split is between Leavers and Remainers. There is a possibility for both a landslide Leave and Remain vote.

As pointed out earlier this is typical remain tactics to pluck opinions/figures/predictions out of the air and state them as fact in order to drum up another part of project fear.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:38 pm

McNaughtyButNice wrote:
Steve
I think what went on before we became members of the Eu is irrelevant as it is a completely different world both economically, socially, politically and technologically. (Yes I am old enough to remember it too!)
I also agree that when we voted "in" this wsa to the "common market" and not all of the E legislation we have now.
What I would like to see is an agreement where we are still in a "common market" with a level playing field, but not under the legal jurisdictionof the Eu. Happy to tae the result of the referendum vote and do not believe we need another vote, but there has to be a trade deal in place otherwiase everyone will suffer both in the UK and on the remaining Eu member states. I believe that "No deal" is a bad deal for everyone.

1975 is not irrelevant at all. As stated we joined a trading block back then not a political union. We were denied referendums over both the Maastricht Treaty and Lisbon Treaty which changed the face of our membership of the EU forever and the result was nothing like what we signed up to in 1975.

We won't get a decent trade deal because the EU is hell bent on punishing us to stop other nations from leaving the EU. The only way to get anything out of the EU is to call their bluff and go for a no deal.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Carlossus » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:03 pm

send Warnock to parliament he d sort them out
Carlossus

Postby McNaughtyButNice » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:10 pm

McNaughtyButNice wrote:
Steve

1975 is not irrelevant at all. As stated we joined a trading block back then not a political union. We were denied referendums over both the Maastricht Treaty and Lisbon Treaty which changed the face of our membership of the EU forever and the result was nothing like what we signed up to in 1975.

We won't get a decent trade deal because the EU is hell bent on punishing us to stop other nations from leaving the EU. The only way to get anything out of the EU is to call their bluff and go for a no deal.

I totally accept that we joined a trading block back in 1975 and not a political union, as I said when we voted "in" this was to the "common market" and not all of the EU legislation we have now."
I'm saying that the economic situation prior to us joining the Eu cannot be used as any kind of a frame of reference for what a "no deal" situation may look like as those were vastly different times.
If you want to play poker with the economy then you risk losing everythign with your proposed "all in" of a no deal.
No deal is very likely to be a bad scenario for everyone, especially small businesses and the working class who will end up paying higher prices for everything they purchase and increased taxation both direct and indirect.
The pound has lost 18 pence against the Euro since the referendum vote and as we head towards a no deal situation (which is what the EU are preparing for) most economists don't see it improving. You can expect another 10% to be wiped of the exchange rate the day Brexit finally happens, and that can only mean an increase in the cost of living though of course it is beneficial to our exporters. Just a shame that our imports outweigh our exports by a factor of 4:1
McNaughtyButNice

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat