Ship A Few Out & Bring in 2/3 Quality Players

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:15 pm

Undoubtedly there will be movement towards the end of the transfer window but it would be nice to see quite a few players be sold or go out on loan to free up some funds to bring in some extra quality.

They have all done a job for City however not being harsh I think Connolly, Healey, Harris, Camp, Ward, Pilkington & Peltier could all be sold or go out on loan.

I think defensively we are sound except at right back, we lack creativity in central midfield, a strong defensive midfielder & a goal scoring striker with Premiership experience.

I hope that the next 23 days of the transfer window brings in that quality.
bridgendbluebird30

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Ship A Few Out & Bring in 2/3 Quality Players

Postby dogfound » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:46 pm

agree but some of those have signed new contracts recently..

and others...you can add fred and o keefe ?....might not be easy to move on..
dogfound

Postby Always Blue » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:01 pm

I’m surprised Warnock hasn’t brought in any freebies
ONCE A BLUE ALWAYS A BLUE
Always Blue

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:03 pm

dogfound wrote:agree but some of those have signed new contracts recently..

and others...you can add fred and o keefe ?....might not be easy to move on..

Sorry, forgot about those but yes they need to be moved on. It appearance that NW has a few of them in his plans but I can’t see them doing anything at a higher level in the Premiership.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:20 am

Connolly and peltier are 100% going to stay
paulh_85

Postby kimble » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:10 am

I thought Fred had gone....and there s nothing wrong with selling those who have signed contracts...and add Tomlin to those
kimble

Postby kimble » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:10 am

And Bogle
kimble

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:00 am

paulh_85 wrote:Connolly and peltier are 100% going to stay

I also expect them to stay because NW rates them but for me neither are Premiership standard & out of the players we have at the moment I would put both Richards and Manga ahead of Peltier.

Would still like City to splash the cash on someone like Rondon but with his wages it’s never going to happen. Definitely need another quality striker & a bit of creativity in central midfield.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby buckleys brewery » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:55 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:

I also expect them to stay because NW rates them but for me neither are Premiership standard & out of the players we have at the moment I would put both Richards and Manga ahead of Peltier.

Would still like City to splash the cash on someone like Rondon but with his wages it’s never going to happen. Definitely need another quality striker & a bit of creativity in central midfield.

Once Camp, Tomlin and Pilks are moved on, their wages could go towards a decent player like Rondon.
buckleys brewery

Postby davids » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:59 am

buckleys brewery wrote:

Once Camp, Tomlin and Pilks are moved on, their wages could go towards a decent player like Rondon.

Unfortunately there is hardly a large queue to sign any of these players even though it is well publicised that all of them are free to go and we probably wouldn't want much of a fee for any of them.

Maybe other clubs just can't afford their current wages?
davids

Postby langstoneBlue » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:17 pm

davids wrote:
buckleys brewery wrote:

NW has been around long enough to know how the system works, he knows that by the end of the window there will be plenty of offers on the table for fringe/not wanted players. No need to rush shipping them off when we have got our recruits in.

Unfortunately there is hardly a large queue to sign any of these players even though it is well publicised that all of them are free to go and we probably wouldn't want much of a fee for any of them.

Maybe other clubs just can't afford their current wages?
langstoneBlue

Postby ThomasC » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:25 pm

Tomlin got the club by the cojones thanks to an improved contract triggered. No Championship club can match it.
ThomasC

Postby tonythomas » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:33 pm

For anyone expecting transfer fees for any of the players not in the first team squad, I advise you not to hold your breath waiting.
Out of the 48 clubs in EFL Leagues 1 & 2, only 2 have actually spent any money at all, and then both transactions were for less than £100,000.
The majority of our players who don't make the first team squad will have to be loaned out or given free transfers.
I suppose it just shows up the massive gulf between the top two leagues and the bottom two leagues.
tonythomas

Postby langstoneBlue » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:16 pm

Why would they not go to the championship... Tomlin, pilks, bogle etc..
langstoneBlue

Postby dogfound » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:54 pm

ThomasC wrote:Tomlin got the club by the cojones thanks to an improved contract triggered. No Championship club can match it.

i know its been said on here about this promotion trigger... but the majority of our players have recently signed new improved contracts so therefore did not have one written in...not saying he didnt have one...just think it strange he had one others did not...
dogfound

Postby Llan_Blue » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:06 pm

tonythomas wrote:For anyone expecting transfer fees for any of the players not in the first team squad, I advise you not to hold your breath waiting.
Out of the 48 clubs in EFL Leagues 1 & 2, only 2 have actually spent any money at all, and then both transactions were for less than £100,000.
The majority of our players who don't make the first team squad will have to be loaned out or given free transfers.
I suppose it just shows up the massive gulf between the top two leagues and the bottom two leagues.

None of them would go to league 1 or 2 there all too good for that.

We definitely should be expecting transfer fees for players nobody gives us anything.
Llan_Blue

Postby tonythomas » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:48 pm

"None of them would go to League 1 or 2, they're too good for that" ??????
When Camp,Bogle, Kennedy,Healey and O'Keefe got loaned out last season, what league do you think they were playing in ??
Only Tomlin got loaned to a Championship club, so to reiterate my comment, don't hold your breath waiting for these fringe players to be sold, it ain't going to happen.
The very best scenario is that they find clubs who will loan them and pay a proportion of their wages, but it's going to be really difficult to place them due to some of them, ie.Tomlin being on higher wages than last season.
IMO, the club should try to loan out Bogle and Healey as they could have a future, but Camp,O'Keefe,Kennedy and Tomlin should be encouraged to move on and the club still pay the shortfall of their salaries until the end of their contract, which is pretty standard practice with clubs nowadays.
tonythomas

Return to General Chat