Not what you know, it's WHO you know.

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby tonythomas » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:50 pm

Fair play to Frank Lampard, obviously using his contacts to pick up two future stars on loan.
Mason Mount and Harry Wilson gone on season long loans to Derby.
Really hope it works out well for the both of them and they don't FREEZE.
tonythomas

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Not what you know, it's WHO you know.

Postby Sven » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:12 pm

John Toshack did it the best when he was rebuked by Cardiff City and went to them Jacks instead...

He took half the Liverpool squad with him and the rest, as they say, was history! ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby dogfound » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:33 pm

Sven wrote:John Toshack did it the best when he was rebuked by Cardiff City and went to them Jacks instead...

He took half the Liverpool squad with him and the rest, as they say, was history! ;)

yep..but not with kids, it was with european cup winners...boy did we miss a trick there
dogfound

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:37 pm

Great signings for Derby.

But they have to go up. Lampard is on good money. They can’t afford him.

Villa are even worse. They need promotion in the next three seasons and if they can’t afford it, they’re fucked.

May be forced to do “a Cardiff or Huddersfield”.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby tonythomas » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:28 pm

Even with those two loan signings, don't think Derby will go up automatically, think playoffs will be their limit.
Impressed with Forest signings, think they'll be top and Middlesbrough haven't lost anyone, but have made a couple of good signings, think they'll go up in second.
tonythomas

Postby Sven » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:44 pm

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:John Toshack did it the best when he was rebuked by Cardiff City and went to them Jacks instead...

yep..but not with kids, it was with european cup winners...boy did we miss a trick there

We certainly did! :thumbright: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Dahboy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:05 am

You won't win anything with kid's.
Dahboy

Postby Bluebina » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:47 am

tonythomas wrote:Even with those two loan signings, don't think Derby will go up automatically, think playoffs will be their limit.
Impressed with Forest signings, think they'll be top and Middlesbrough haven't lost anyone, but have made a couple of good signings, think they'll go up in second.

Boro WBA and Stoke fighting it out for top spot I think, Derby who knows, can Frank make it as a Manager ???
Bluebina

Postby pick and shovel » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:14 pm

Rebuked by jimmy Andrews rather than by the Club itself. Andrews saw him as a threat to his own job.
pick and shovel

Postby HarriRhys22 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:03 pm

Owners should have sacked Andrews and brought in Tosh,too weak and we suffered for years?
HarriRhys22

Postby HarriRhys22 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:16 pm

Owners should have sacked Andrews and brought in Tosh,too weak and we suffered for years?
HarriRhys22

Postby 65Blue » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:17 pm

Bluebina wrote:
tonythomas wrote:Even with those two loan signings, don't think Derby will go up automatically, think playoffs will be their limit.

Boro WBA and Stoke fighting it out for top spot I think, Derby who knows, can Frank make it as a Manager ???

Forest the big spenders look out for them,
65Blue

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:18 pm

tonythomas wrote:Fair play to Frank Lampard, obviously using his contacts to pick up two future stars on loan.
Mason Mount and Harry Wilson gone on season long loans to Derby.
Really hope it works out well for the both of them and they don't FREEZE.

Lol :lol: Yea you're right can't see Mount and Wilson getting much game time during the winter months.... ;)
Tony Blue Williams

Return to General Chat