Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Rhys Healey “

Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:13 am

ON THE RISE

By Tom Coleman

Wednesday 18th July 2018

Rhys Healey

At 23, many expect Healey to be moving on this summer, either permanently or at least on loan.

But much of his missed match time under Neil Warnock has actually been due to injury.

Okay, Warnock is now blessed with more glittering forwards options – especially after the signings of Josh Murphy and Bobby Reid – but Healey has certainly laid down a marker in two pre-season performance.

He was the best player on display at Taffs Well on Friday night , scoring two goals and again looked one step ahead of his teammates at St Austell.

Healey’s first goal at Poltair Park owed a lot to the vision of Lee Tomlin and two excellent touches from Anthony Pilkington and James Waite, but his finish alone was pretty special, belted home from 25 yards or more.

The second was an impudent left-footed lob that epitomised a forward playing with supreme confidence.

Yes, Healey has only faced modest opposition so far this pre-season, but his performances suggest a big season to come – either for Cardiff or for someone else.

Re: “ Rhys Healey “

Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:49 am

just imagine how amazing it would be if he turned into the person to score regular goals for us this season.

Extremely unlikely of course, but i like him - was such a shame when he got injured when looking lively, still at 23 he really needs to move on if he wont be involved this season. L1 or L2 probably await.

Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:06 pm

I hope he isn't kept here to be a squad player next season seeing next to no game time.

Send him out on loan for a full season or at least until Jan to see how he does, surely a league 1 club will take a risk and play him.

Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:24 pm

Not good enough for us anymore.

Scoring four goals against that opposition means f**k all.

He needs to leave and play he’s almost 24 he’s not a kid anymore there’s no point in keeping him hanging about just in case.

An he’s probably going to be moved on that’s why he’s playing for the U23’s

Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:18 pm

Good Luck to the lad .

Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:55 am

Llan_Blue wrote:Not good enough for us anymore.

He needs to leave and play he’s almost 24 he’s not a kid anymore there’s no point in keeping him hanging about just in case.

Like any other player, he can only perform against the opposition in front of him, so your comment is less than ingenuous. The manager put him in and so far he has shown he still has an eye for goal ;)

I agree with ToCat CCFC and say good luck to the lad rather than 'dissing' him as you have! :roll:

Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:43 pm

Sven wrote:

Like any other player, he can only perform against the opposition in front of him, so your comment is less than ingenuous. The manager put him in and so far he has shown he still has an eye for goal ;)

I agree with ToCat CCFC and say good luck to the lad rather than 'dissing' him as you have! :roll:

What the hell are you talking about I wasn’t ‘dissing’ anybody.

People are saying he’s on fire an suggesting he could be in with a chance next season. The fact is he’s not he’s scored four goals against Taffs Well and St Austell. Those two clubs are a billion miles away from being anything close to resembling a Premier League team.

He needs to leave and go somewhere where he has a chance of playing regular first team football.

Hardly a Diss is it you over reacting little buttercup :lol:

Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:52 pm

tend to agree..
the only way we should be hanging on to him any longer is if we can convince a decent championship club to take him on loan with a must play so many games clause...much easier said than done...

Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:19 pm

He’s scored another 4 so far tonight. Whilst I don’t think he’s quite ready for the PL, he’s worth keeping hold of and sending out on loan until Christmas at championship level.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:39 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:He’s scored another 4 so far tonight. Whilst I don’t think he’s quite ready for the PL, he’s worth keeping hold of and sending out on loan until Christmas at championship level.

Nobody will take him at championship level.

That’s why he went to Torquay last season. He’s a lot better then Torquay no question about that but why even keep him. There’s about 5 people in front of him in the first team.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:32 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:He’s scored another 4 so far tonight. Whilst I don’t think he’s quite ready for the PL, he’s worth keeping hold of and sending out on loan until Christmas at championship level.

That’s why he went to Torquay last season. He’s a lot better then Torquay no question about that but why even keep him. There’s about 5 people in front of him in the first team.

If nobody in the Championship will take him, loan him out to a League 1 team. If he scores regularly at League 1 level, he will soon have Championship clubs wanting him. I see no reason why a club like Ipswich wouldn't want to take him on loan. He was starting to break through with us before he cruelly got injured.

I think Healey is worth holding onto because if he manages to have a good spell on loan at Championship level, his valuation will rise from a few hundred thousand to a few million. I think he's well worth holding onto and persevering with, especially as I believe he's still on very low wages.

I'm sure Healey will attract plenty of interest with the way he's performing anyway.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:58 pm

of course its better he is scoring than not scoring....but these games against level 10 and 11 clubs are training camp games ..
Rhys was actually up against far tougher opposition playing for Connahs Quay Nomads 5 years ago as a 16 /17 year old..

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:30 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

If nobody in the Championship will take him, loan him out to a League 1 team. If he scores regularly at League 1 level, he will soon have Championship clubs wanting him. I see no reason why a club like Ipswich wouldn't want to take him on loan. He was starting to break through with us before he cruelly got injured.

I think Healey is worth holding onto because if he manages to have a good spell on loan at Championship level, his valuation will rise from a few hundred thousand to a few million. I think he's well worth holding onto and persevering with, especially as I believe he's still on very low wages.

I'm sure Healey will attract plenty of interest with the way he's performing anyway.

Not going to work like that isit.

Just because he scores a load of goals at league 1 level doesn’t mean he can do it at championship level. An even if he does by the time your master plan has worked it’s self out he’s going to be out of contract anyway so he’s never going to be worth a few million.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:38 am

Hope he does well somewhere after coming back from a horrendous injury.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:55 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

Just because he scores a load of goals at league 1 level doesn’t mean he can do it at championship level. An even if he does by the time your master plan has worked it’s self out he’s going to be out of contract anyway so he’s never going to be worth a few million.

We here what your saying but by your logic the likes of Vardy would never have had a chance,neither would have Ralls for that matter.The fact that he's playing a part this week would suggest that Warnock hasn't dismissed him yet unlike say Tomlin or Pilks or Fred though he may end up going on loan.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:37 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

Why can't it work like that? It's hardly a master plan for a Premiership club to loan out one of their young strikers to a lower league to see how he does. If Healey keeps doing well and we think he can keep progressing and challenge for the first team in the future, we will simply renew his contract.

Healey has shown he's several levels above what he's played against so far this pre season, so I'm looking forward to him having a full injury free season to see what he can do.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:32 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

We here what your saying but by your logic the likes of Vardy would never have had a chance,neither would have Ralls for that matter.The fact that he's playing a part this week would suggest that Warnock hasn't dismissed him yet unlike say Tomlin or Pilks or Fred though he may end up going on loan.

the comparisons are not very good...Ralls is one year older and signed the season before Rhys..Joe has played 164 league games...and the Jamie Vardy one ..well for every vardy there are 10k non league players that dont make it...and i doubt Vardy would have been kept at Fleetwood let alone Leicester for 5 seasons with no progression..the Vardy one is over used im not winning the lottery this week on the strength that someone won it last week..
5 managers and hasnt done quite enough to convince any of them to give him a run..the other 2 did ?

Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:28 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

You do realise he’s been playing in the same team as Tomlin and Pilks this week don’t you.

An Fred isn’t a City player anymore.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:33 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

Exactly, all it takes these days is to have a good half a season in the champ and your worth a few mill. Loan out I would for 6 months see how he gets on.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:51 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

Exactly, all it takes these days is to have a good half a season in the champ and your worth a few mill. Loan out I would for 6 months see how he gets on.

your right about the first bit...but this loan him out thing...sounds easy but is it...?
so far weve managed to get 2 lge 2 clubs to take him..for him to go on loan in the championship it would take a club to enquire.
as for the remark {not by you } he will attract plenty of interest the way he is performing { really } he isnt even playing in the first team warm ups for the friendlies.
its not that i dont like him ,just you cant keep everyone and 5 years is long enough..he might actually be taking the place of another kid from the welsh lge who is the next,erm jamie vardy