Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I hope that away tickets aren’t too hard

Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:36 pm

I really hope it’s not going to be a Knightmare getting away tickets this season. Yes I completely understand that those who did quite a few last season should get first refusal that’s very fair. I can’t see it being a prob for myself as I did 6 aways last season as a season ticket holder butI tend to go with a couple of family members who happen to live 250 miles away so no point in them having a ST although I’m sure they would if they lived in Cardiff. So instead they have been members for a couple of years now but last season only did 4 aways and my mother only did 1. I just hope they are able to get tickets with me for away matches otherwise to be honest I’m not sure I will want to go either. The irony of it is the my family member who did 4 aways also did 5 home matches travelling 500 round trip for the home matches so that’s like an away match in itself. I’m pretty sure in the PL season last time there were some away matches that were open to ST holders and members without any other criteria.

The other thing is, I guess we will be allowing 3000 plus away fans to the CCS next season. For clubs with large capacities will they offer us a lot more say 4000 plus if the demand is there?

Not moaning as the criteria are fair but just anxious that we won’t be able to go as a family and me the ST holder will also lose out not being able to go with family.

Re: I hope that away tickets aren’t too hard

Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:17 pm

I feel your pain
I think as the season progresses Way tkckets will get easier to obtain

Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:47 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I really hope it’s not going to be a Knightmare getting away tickets this season. Yes I completely understand that those who did quite a few last season should get first refusal that’s very fair. I can’t see it being a prob for myself as I did 6 aways last season as a season ticket holder butI tend to go with a couple of family members who happen to live 250 miles away so no point in them having a ST although I’m sure they would if they lived in Cardiff. So instead they have been members for a couple of years now but last season only did 4 aways and my mother only did 1. I just hope they are able to get tickets with me for away matches otherwise to be honest I’m not sure I will want to go either. The irony of it is the my family member who did 4 aways also did 5 home matches travelling 500 round trip for the home matches so that’s like an away match in itself. I’m pretty sure in the PL season last time there were some away matches that were open to ST holders and members without any other criteria.

The other thing is, I guess we will be allowing 3000 plus away fans to the CCS next season. For clubs with large capacities will they offer us a lot more say 4000 plus if the demand is there?

Not moaning as the criteria are fair but just anxious that we won’t be able to go as a family and me the ST holder will also lose out not being able to go with family.

No, old Trafford is the largest ground in the league and they don't give no more then 3k to away supporters for league games.

Our largest away following this season could very well be at Fulham.

Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:48 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I really hope it’s not going to be a Knightmare getting away tickets this season. Yes I completely understand that those who did quite a few last season should get first refusal that’s very fair. I can’t see it being a prob for myself as I did 6 aways last season as a season ticket holder butI tend to go with a couple of family members who happen to live 250 miles away so no point in them having a ST although I’m sure they would if they lived in Cardiff. So instead they have been members for a couple of years now but last season only did 4 aways and my mother only did 1. I just hope they are able to get tickets with me for away matches otherwise to be honest I’m not sure I will want to go either. The irony of it is the my family member who did 4 aways also did 5 home matches travelling 500 round trip for the home matches so that’s like an away match in itself. I’m pretty sure in the PL season last time there were some away matches that were open to ST holders and members without any other criteria.

now if your ST was in the members name and vice versa..