NEIL WARNOCK: "JUST LOVES BEING THERE "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:33 pm

Bluebirds Manager Neil Warnock Loves Cornish Cream

'Give me Cornwall any-time" Says Neil Warnock :bluebird:

By Terry Phillips

Wednesday 18th July 2018

Many Bluebirds fans are in the South West for Cardiff City's pre-season tour.

Neil Warnock loves a pre-season trip to Cornwall. Over the years Warnock has led Sheffield United, Crystal Palace, Queens Park Rangers, Leeds United and Cardiff City to his adopted home in preparation for a new season.

This evening (Wednesday), the Bluebird return to Bodmin after winning 3-1 at Priory Park a year ago.

While fellow Premier League clubs fly off around the World, Warnock prefers to base his players close to his home at Stoke Climsland.

NEIL WARNOCK:

“It’s a beautiful area and the hospitality is always second to none,” says Warnock. “I love it

“I don’t believe in going to Sweden or Finland or even further for pre-season – give me Cornwall anytime.

“Clubs down here play the right type of football. They are not going to kick you to death.

“I do a great job for the Cornish tourist board every time I bring a team here.

Priory Park, Bodmin. Pic: Bodmin FC.

“Bodmin’s Priory Park is ideal. The facilities are good and the playing surface is excellent.”

This evening’s fixture will be the ninth time manager Warnock has visited Bodmin over the last 18 years. His teams have scored 50 goals during those fixtures and conceded two.

The story so far

JULY 26, 2000

Bodmin Town 0, Sheffield United 8

United, who included their Cornish starlet Wayne Quinn in their side, dominated proceedings against Jewson South Western League opposition.

Marcus Bent (2), Curtis Woodhouse (2), Paul Devlin, Robert Ford, Michael Brown and former Republic of Ireland striker David Kelly scored.

July 23, 2001

Bodmin Town 0, Sheffield United 9

Goals from England international Phil Jagielka (2), Paul Devlin (2), Patrick Suffo (2), Paul Peschisolido, Carl Asaba and Nick Montgomery.

July 22, 2002

Bodmin Town 0, Sheffield United 8

Midfield player Michael Tonge led the charge with four goals, two in each half. Jagielka, Asaba, Iffy Onuora and Peter Ndlovu completed the scoring.

July 21, 2004

Bodmin Town 0, Sheffield United 1

The only goal was scored by striker Jonathan Forte, who headed home at the far post from Andy Liddell’s cross in the second half.

Liddell and Barry Hayles hit a post for the visitors, who dominated for large periods.

July 23, 2008

Bodmin 1, Crystal Palace 4

Warnock returned to Priory Park four years later with his new team, Crystal Palace, and Bodmin led 1-0 at half-time.

Former Plymouth Argyle striker Danny O’Hagan headed in from 12 yards after 21 minutes.

Victor Moses led the recovery, creating chances for Palace with Johannes Ertl, Carl Fletcher and James Dayton (2) hit the target.

July 14, 2010

Bodmin Town 0, Queens Park Rangers 6

Hogan Ephram (2), Jamie Mackie (2), Andre Germen and Josh Parker fired the goals.

July 22, 2011

Bodmin Town 0, Queens Park Rangers 7

Warnock was back at Priory Park seven years ago as a Premier League manager having guided QPR to promotion from the Championship.
Attachments
staustell4.jpg
staustell4.jpg (212.6 KiB) Viewed 1839 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Return to General Chat