Midfield must ......Warnock act now

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Fairwater blue » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:27 pm

Neil we are need of at least 2 centre mid players, gunners and damour are no more than bench warmers, ralls is ok but nothing too go with him , of either Marko if he signs and ralls get injured we are knackered , I see Warnock said he got 10m left he’s got to spend it or we are for certain for the trap dooor. A good loan striker and right back is also needed , get rid of tomlin Pilk Healey bogle on Loan to fund the loan players wages ! Over too you Neil ! Bluebirdassssss
Fairwater blue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Midfield must ......Warnock act now

Postby BobbyBlue » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:40 pm

Why does Warnock need to act now, id prefer him to wait rather than rush and get any fuker in.
BobbyBlue

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:45 pm

I'm also concerned but refuse to believe NW is naive enough to think just Grujic would be enough. Confident we will see someone come in.
2blue2handle

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:01 pm

I love the way fans like to tell the league's most experienced manager with the record number of promotions how to do his job.
Steve Zodiak

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:03 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I love the way fans like to tell the league's most experienced manager with the record number of promotions how to do his job.

What else are we supposed to do on a message board?

Let’s never talk about players we should sign in certain positions then should we?
paulh_85

Postby DandoCCFC » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:08 pm

Ralls, Damour, Gunnarsson, Tomlin, O'Keefe, Paterson to choose from... I am with 2b.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:08 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:I love the way fans like to tell the league's most experienced manager with the record number of promotions how to do his job.

Let’s never talk about players we should sign in certain positions then should we?

Well I guess you all know better than him, particularly you who argues with virtually everything posted.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Llan_Blue » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:41 pm

Exactly and everybody also seems to keep saying we need another midfielder to play with ralls.

Like they haven’t noticed that we have been playing with three centre midfielders for the past season.

Or have they changed formation for Warnock as well as Told him who to sign.
Llan_Blue

Postby City Slicker » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:14 pm

Steve, admit it: secretly you don't love it. I'm wagering you hate it. A touch of litotes methinks?
City Slicker

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:45 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Well I guess you all know better than him, particularly you who argues with virtually everything posted.

Nah not everything, just inane posts really.

Nobody claims to know better than him do they?(unless I’ve missed that?) but everyone has an opinion and that’s what this place is for
paulh_85

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:49 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Nobody claims to know better than him do they?(unless I’ve missed that?) but everyone has an opinion and that’s what this place is for

I agree Paul, what a ridiculous post that you can’t disagree and talk about players/signings etc.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:30 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

I agree Paul, what a ridiculous post that you can’t disagree and talk about players/signings etc.

I am sure Warnock knows what he needs, he has been told plenty of times on this forum. We are only in the middle of July, the transfer window is open until 9th Aug I think, and we have been told he is looking to bring in at least two more players. Warnock is having to do his managing and wheeling and dealing for real, not on an X Box or Play Station.
Steve Zodiak

Postby City Slicker » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:48 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Agree, I'm sure all of us have tremendous respect for Warnock but we all have opinions. There's no point in having a football forum otherwise.
City Slicker

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:25 pm

City Slicker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Agree, I'm sure all of us have tremendous respect for Warnock but we all have opinions. There's no point in having a football forum otherwise.

Exactly!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:45 pm

City Slicker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Exactly!

I still think it's a bit rich someone coming on to the forum to tell Warnock if he does'nt spend the £10m he allegedly has, we are certainties for the trapdoor. I always try to be realistic rather then pessimistic as I am often accused of, and I don't see us or anyone as certainties for the drop. I certainly would'nt try and tell Warnock that we are on our way straight back down unless he spends £10m. I doubt he needs my advice, and I expect he has forgotten far more than I will ever know about the game.
Steve Zodiak

Postby BobbyBlue » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:46 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

This not a post discusssing players to sign. The OP is directing a message to Neil warnock to act now, when simply he does not need to act now. Neil
Warnock knows when to act, how people do not have faith in him baffles me ffss
BobbyBlue

Postby Llan_Blue » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:19 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

This not a post discusssing players to sign. The OP is directing a message to Neil warnock to act now, when simply he does not need to act now. Neil

Exactly this isn’t about talking about who to sign.

It’s suggesting the manager hasn’t a clue.
Llan_Blue

Postby dogfound » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:01 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

thats how i see it...its almost like some are loading the gun ready to fire should we not do very well { which is actually what every expert, journo and bookmaker between here and timbuktoo thinks is going to happen }
dogfound

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:08 am

dogfound wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

thats how i see it...its almost like some are loading the gun ready to fire should we not do very well { which is actually what every expert, journo and bookmaker between here and timbuktoo thinks is going to happen }

I see this thread a little different to you.
I have no problems waiting for a couple more signings (hopefully) and my response was to agree with paulh about people not claiming to know better than Warnock. Of course we don’t but it’s all about opinions about who and where we need signings and I certainly don’t think we need to act now or else! These things take time - just look at wez and Snodgrass’s medical - that’s taking longer than expected :laughing6:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Steve Zodiak » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:21 am

dogfound wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

I have no problems waiting for a couple more signings (hopefully) and my response was to agree with paulh about people not claiming to know better than Warnock. Of course we don’t but it’s all about opinions about who and where we need signings and I certainly don’t think we need to act now or else! These things take time - just look at wez and Snodgrass’s medical - that’s taking longer than expected :laughing6:

I saw it as advising Warnock that if he did not spend £10m now, we were certainties for relegation. Coming from a brand new poster, was'nt even sure if he was on a wind up. Nothing is won or lost in the middle of July, and £10m guarantees nothing unless the right player is available at the right price. Only read in the Mirror yesterday that Man U spent £300m more than Leicester just a few years back to finish four places lower. I don't think Warnock has £10m to gamble with. He is probably working on getting value for money rather than splashing out the cash just to pacify the fans. I have confidence that he knows what he is trying to do, and it can't be easy given his limited budget. He got us here in the first place, and I think July is a bit early to already start getting on his back.
Steve Zodiak

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:27 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

I saw it as advising Warnock that if he did not spend £10m now, we were certainties for relegation. Coming from a brand new poster, was'nt even sure if he was on a wind up. Nothing is won or lost in the middle of July, and £10m guarantees nothing unless the right player is available at the right price. Only read in the Mirror yesterday that Man U spent £300m more than Leicester just a few years back to finish four places lower. I don't think Warnock has £10m to gamble with. He is probably working on getting value for money rather than splashing out the cash just to pacify the fans. I have confidence that he knows what he is trying to do, and it can't be easy given his limited budget. He got us here in the first place, and I think July is a bit early to already start getting on his back.

A strange response to my post with your last line - ‘July is a bit early to already start getting on his back’.
I’m not getting on his back and never have!
Read my line - ‘I have no problems waiting for a couple more signings (hopefully)’.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby paulh_85 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:34 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Exactly!

I still think it's a bit rich someone coming on to the forum to tell Warnock if he does'nt spend the £10m he allegedly has, we are certainties for the trapdoor. I always try to be realistic rather then pessimistic as I am often accused of, and I don't see us or anyone as certainties for the drop. I certainly would'nt try and tell Warnock that we are on our way straight back down unless he spends £10m. I doubt he needs my advice, and I expect he has forgotten far more than I will ever know about the game.

i dont really disagree with you Steve, but you have enough life experience to know that people speak in hyperbole more than they do in literal terms. the forum isnt about giving Neil advice its about giving opinions, everyone is aware we will struggle this season and wants us to have the best possible chance
paulh_85

Postby Steve Zodiak » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:39 am

Original Grange Ens Blue - I was talking about the original post, not the responses that followed.
Steve Zodiak

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:06 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Original Grange Ens Blue - I was talking about the original post, not the responses that followed.

Ok no probs regardless, it’s just that you quoted me and not the Fairwaterblue guy from the original post. :thumbup:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby dogfound » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:26 pm

dogfound wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

its not just this thread..its a theme about how you HAVE to play in the prem and how Warnock hasnt addressed it.
dogfound

Postby nojac » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:31 am

To be honest , £10m or whatever it is , is not going to be the difference between staying up or going down.
I can't think of any player at that price , that can guarantee safety.
It's going to be down to hard work , team spirit and fantastic support and a lot of luck.
If we can get all the above in the majority of games , I think we will survive .
But it's a very big ask , never thought we would be in this position a year ago , so everything this season is a bonus.
nojac

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:56 am

Whatever the OP intended with his view he certainly has stirred up some great debate in this thread :thumbup:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby BobbyBlue » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:11 pm

dogfound wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

its not just this thread..its a theme about how you HAVE to play in the prem and how Warnock hasnt addressed it.

So did Huddersfield address is last season :lol:
BobbyBlue

Postby Fairwater blue » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:41 pm

My point was that we will actually be weaker in midfield than we were last season , he’s openly said he has 10m left to spend and doesn’t think we need it which baffles me , everyone can see we are going to struggle in centre midfield and he doesn’t , p.s I’m not new to the board (only posting)had Cardiff season ticket for past 18 seasons too.
Fairwater blue

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:44 pm

Fairwater blue wrote:My point was that we will actually be weaker in midfield than we were last season , he’s openly said he has 10m left to spend and doesn’t think we need it which baffles me , everyone can see we are going to struggle in centre midfield and he doesn’t , p.s I’m not new to the board (only posting)had Cardiff season ticket for past 18 seasons too.

He actually said he should have about £10m left to spend. Don't know if he was referring to his actual budget or the fact that he had been comparing the money available him compared to Huddersfield. Be good if he has money left, but he has also hinted that two more loan players will be about it. We will find out soon enough.
Steve Zodiak

Next

Return to General Chat