Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: TEAM NEWS “ TORQUAY UNITED v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:13 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:Oh yeah what happened to the big trip to Torquay you were all going on about. Was going to sell out the whole ground wasn’t we :lol:

I don't think many fans realised you could pay on the gate this evening.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:14 pm

Was a very so-so performance but the amount of substations made didnt help the flow of the team or game. Bobby Reid looks a busy player who’s pace will be a big asset. Not a dispiriting performance/result but gives Warnock ammunition to have a shout and keep them on their toes, depends how much you read into friendlies

Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:17 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:Oh yeah what happened to the big trip to Torquay you were all going on about. Was going to sell out the whole ground wasn’t we :lol:

No more like it was a fantasy an we are never going to sell thousands of tickets for a friendly against Torquay.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:19 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

No more like it was a fantasy an we are never going to sell thousands of tickets for a friendly against Torquay.

Was 900 apparently from city :old:

Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:30 pm

Us fans down here in torquay have had a ball all day supporting our team and still are....dont give a shite about city fans like yourself who for some reason rejoice in other city fans being wrong .. Enjoying your bedroom all alone in a Friday night.....

Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Allan easily 900 and great turn out with some great new chants for the forthcoming season

Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:34 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Allan easily 900 and great turn out with some great new chants for the forthcoming season

Making a wkend of it no doubt! Looking forward to some away games this season given chance :occasion5:

Seems some started early slagging off away support :o
Last edited by pembroke allan on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:35 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Making a wkend of it no doubt! Looking forward to some away games this season given chance :occasion5:

Cardiff everywhere on walk back down into town

Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:38 pm

Of course fitness levels are so important to compete in the Premiership but also strength in depth is vital to give us a fighting chance to stay in the Premiership,My major concern is that we don't seem to have sufficient quality in depth to give us that fighting chance

Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:45 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:

Us fans down here in torquay have had a ball all day supporting our team and still are....dont give a shite about city fans like yourself who for some reason rejoice in other city fans being wrong .. Enjoying your bedroom all alone in a Friday night.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:42 pm

Reid and Murphy looked lively. Completely on top first half. Numerous changes at half time. Second half Torquay had a few chances and scored one of them. Distinct lack of creativity tonight.
Good work out for fitness though.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:11 pm

Bridgwater Blue wrote:Reid and Murphy looked lively. Completely on top first half. Numerous changes at half time. Second half Torquay had a few chances and scored one of them. Distinct lack of creativity tonight.
Good work out for fitness though.

Suppose other than fitness its hard for us to play how we will have to play in the prem. In the Prem we are going to be defending and hitting on the break. Can't really set up like that v Torquay.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:44 pm

There was more than the announced 870 cardiff fans in that ground.
Behind the goal was very busy and took at least a quarter of the seated stand. I would say more like 1200 city fans, maybe they needed a number for the tax man.

As for the game city looked solid at the back as normal apart from what looked like a very strange goalkeeping error for the goal.

Midfield looked lightweight even against a non league team.

We looked very quick and dangerous down the wings and on the counter attack but looked very poor in front of goal.

We had at least Four very good chances and blew every one of them, Zahore had a open goal after rounding the keeper and hit the side netting, Madine miskicked two one on ones with the keeper and Hoilett played a poor pass when he should have shot.

All in all it was slightly worrying we couldnt put away a non league team with the chances created. We will have to take those chances in the premier league or we will be down by xmas

Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:55 pm

thomasblue wrote:There was more than the announced 870 cardiff fans in that ground.
Behind the goal was very busy and took at least a quarter of the seated stand. I would say more like 1200 city fans, maybe they needed a number for the tax man.

As for the game city looked solid at the back as normal apart from what looked like a very strange goalkeeping error for the goal.

We looked very quick and dangerous down the wings and on the counter attack but looked very poor in front of goal.

We had at least Four very good chances and blew every one of them, Zahore had a open goal after rounding the keeper and hit the side netting, Madine miskicked two one on ones with the keeper and Hoilett played a poor pass when he should have shot.

All in all it was slightly worrying we couldnt put away a non league team with the chances created. We will have to take those chances in the premier league or we will be down by xmas

Just read Warnock blamed tiredness for our second half performance which I found bizarre seeing that most of the players only played 45 minutes

Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:06 pm

soldierblue1880 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:There was more than the announced 870 cardiff fans in that ground.

Just read Warnock blamed tiredness for our second half performance which I found bizarre seeing that most of the players only played 45 minutes

I dont think they looked tired at all. Actually we played some decent football out wide and got behind them pretty easily.
I would say Wasteful rather than tired.
Its only a warm up anyway hopefully the boys will get it out of there system by the time we head to Bournemouth