“ Fulham set to complete £20m deal “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:34 am

Fulham are set to sign Newcastle’s striker Aleksandar Mitrovic for a £20m fee. The Serb was a successful loan signing for the Cottagers in the second half of last season.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ Fulham set to complete £20m deal “

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:43 am

Looks like them and wolves are putting all their eggs in one basket and hope they stay up? Can see several teams in premiership (not us) being worried about their chances to stay up. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:02 am

pembroke allan wrote:Looks like them and wolves are putting all their eggs in one basket and hope they stay up? Can see several teams in premiership (not us) being worried about their chances to stay up. :old:

In fairness to Fulham they have decided to take the quality route and are investing in quality players which is obviously going to cost them more. Whether it pays off remains to be seen because they haven’t made many signings as yet however the addition of quality players should set them up for a decent season. Think the majority of promoted teams would spend the money to remain in the Premiership and the huge rewards that go with it. I think Cardiff are one of the few that are siding with extreme caution.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:13 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Looks like them and wolves are putting all their eggs in one basket and hope they stay up? Can see several teams in premiership (not us) being worried about their chances to stay up. :old:

In fairness to Fulham they have decided to take the quality route and are investing in quality players which is obviously going to cost them more. Whether it pays off remains to be seen because they haven’t made many signings as yet however the addition of quality players should set them up for a decent season. Think the majority of promoted teams would spend the money to remain in the Premiership and the huge rewards that go with it. I think Cardiff are one of the few that are siding with extreme caution.

Prefer city's way as it gives stability if relegated also gives more funds to buy better quality for championship fight! There is no guarantee that buying quality is way to stay in premiership this guy was loaned by ncastle so may not do well for Fulham either? But like said both them and wolves will get other teams worried but not us as we know we could be relegated staying up will be a bonus :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Bluebina » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:19 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:

Good signing, I would have loved him here, they were only a good side after he signed for them in January, without him they weren't in the playoffs.

Fulham was one of the teams I thought we could finish above before they signed him, with him I'm not so sure, 2nd half of the season they had a lot more points than us. On the other hand, our style might cause premiership teams more problem than theirs, they are not going to be able to out pas most premier teams?

It will be interesting to see how us Fulham and Wolves get on?
Bluebina

Postby Jonny88 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:34 am

Very expensive for a player that hasn't cut it in the Prem yet and was loaned back to the Championship I don't think he's a bad signing but £20m hmmm... if Fulham go down after their spending they could really struggle
Jonny88

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:38 am

I think Cardiff, Wolves and Fulham could well stay up this season.

Has this ever happened before?
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Elwood Blues » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:46 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:I think Cardiff, Wolves and Fulham could well stay up this season.

Yes, this season!!!!!
Elwood Blues

Postby Wayne S » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:46 am

Again. £20 million to stand still.
Wayne S

Postby Bay Blue » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:59 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:I think Cardiff, Wolves and Fulham could well stay up this season.

Newcastle Brighton Huddersfield
Bay Blue

Postby Bluebina » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:08 am

Bay Blue wrote:

Doesn't happen usually, it would be a hell of a change if it happened two years in a row, it does show promoted teams are learning to adapt and it is possible.
Bluebina

Postby Bay Blue » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:14 am

Bluebina wrote:
Bay Blue wrote:

Doesn't happen usually, it would be a hell of a change if it happened two years in a row, it does show promoted teams are learning to adapt and it is possible.

Spot on, the gap between top of the championship and bottom half of the premier seems to be getting smaller.
Bay Blue

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:43 am

Bay Blue wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Bay Blue wrote:

Spot on, the gap between top of the championship and bottom half of the premier seems to be getting smaller.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby dogfound » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:06 pm

good move for them because they know what they are getting..but its 20 million quid to stand still
dogfound

Postby mr_nellio » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:35 pm

Seems a lot given he not a proven premier league striker.
Blue for life
mr_nellio

Return to General Chat