Jazz Richards & Bobby Reid to play in midfield

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jazz Richards & Bobby Reid to play in midfield

Postby Savigma » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:20 am

Warnock just said after the Bodmin game that Richards & Reid can both do a job in midfield and implied that they will be playing quite a few games in midfield for us in the prem.

There’s your midfield problem sorted if they’re any good. Please don’t start criticising them playing there because look what a position change did for Patters...
Savigma
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:40 pm

Jazz Richards & Bobby Reid to play in midfield

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Jazz Richards & Bobby Reid to play in midfield

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:25 am

Savigma wrote:Warnock just said after the Bodmin game that Richards & Reid can both do a job in midfield and implied that they will be playing quite a few games in midfield for us in the prem.

There’s your midfield problem sorted if they’re any good. Please don’t start criticising them playing there because look what a position change did for Patters...



midfield is where Reid started isnt it? but we spent 10m on him off the back of his best season playing further forward so seems a strange one
User avatar
paulh_85
 
Posts: 11013
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: Jazz Richards & Bobby Reid to play in midfield

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:42 am

I think it’s pretty obvious how we are going to play next season

A no nonsense flat back four that doesn’t venture into the opposing half

A couple of workhorses in midfield whose job will be to protect the back four and get the ball forward as quick as possible to the 4 flying machines whose job will be to hit the opposition on the break

We will be virtually by passing the midfield so I would suggest numerous players will be asked and will probably be able to fill in midfield during the course of the season
oohahhPaulMillar
 
Posts: 1427
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:18 am

Re: Jazz Richards & Bobby Reid to play in midfield

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:04 am

Savigma wrote:Warnock just said after the Bodmin game that Richards & Reid can both do a job in midfield and implied that they will be playing quite a few games in midfield for us in the prem.

There’s your midfield problem sorted if they’re any good. Please don’t start criticising them playing there because look what a position change did for Patters...


Concerning but im hoping he is just talking about in the preseason games until he signs someone capable of playing CM in the prem.
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 28159
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Jazz Richards & Bobby Reid to play in midfield

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:51 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:I think it’s pretty obvious how we are going to play next season

A no nonsense flat back four that doesn’t venture into the opposing half

A couple of workhorses in midfield whose job will be to protect the back four and get the ball forward as quick as possible to the 4 flying machines whose job will be to hit the opposition on the break

We will be virtually by passing the midfield so I would suggest numerous players will be asked and will probably be able to fill in midfield during the course of the season


This is exactly how I see it :ayatollah:
Against Modern Football
User avatar
CaerphillyBluebird15
 
Posts: 2693
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:09 pm
Location: Caerphilly

Re: Jazz Richards & Bobby Reid to play in midfield

Postby Nora0343 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:56 am

and just the 1 up front no doubt. We could have Pele playing and he would hardly score. If we are set up the same with 1 up front we will be in trouble
Nora0343
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 1:32 pm

Re: Jazz Richards & Bobby Reid to play in midfield

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:10 pm

I remember a story going around about how Jazz started as a central midfielder in his younger days and I'm sure he has had at least one game playing there.

My take on this is NW is pointing out that we already have midfield options although I'm sure he would prefer to add a body or two.
User avatar
Tony Blue Williams
 
Posts: 12656
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:25 am

Re: Jazz Richards & Bobby Reid to play in midfield

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:13 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:I think it’s pretty obvious how we are going to play next season

A no nonsense flat back four that doesn’t venture into the opposing half

A couple of workhorses in midfield whose job will be to protect the back four and get the ball forward as quick as possible to the 4 flying machines whose job will be to hit the opposition on the break

We will be virtually by passing the midfield so I would suggest numerous players will be asked and will probably be able to fill in midfield during the course of the season


Why have I got a feeling of Déjà vu? :)
User avatar
Tony Blue Williams
 
Posts: 12656
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:25 am

Re: Jazz Richards & Bobby Reid to play in midfield

Postby Wolfpac » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:14 pm

I've been told in good faith that Warnock wants us to be the quickest counter attacking side in the league, he wants the defence to play it out as quickly as possible to one of the workhorses to plant it to a winger or player behind striker to run at defenders, he believes we will achieve our goal of a top 6 place if we play to these strengths ..

I lie I don't know this but wouldn't it be good if true, if we could get the counter attacking spot on like Leicester did in their breakout season and we killed games off this like.
User avatar
Wolfpac
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:03 pm
Location: Barry

Re: Jazz Richards & Bobby Reid to play in midfield

Postby Bay Blue » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:25 pm

Wolfpac wrote:I've been told in good faith that Warnock wants us to be the quickest counter attacking side in the league, he wants the defence to play it out as quickly as possible to one of the workhorses to plant it to a winger or player behind striker to run at defenders, he believes we will achieve our goal of a top 6 place if we play to these strengths ..

I lie I don't know this but wouldn't it be good if true, if we could get the counter attacking spot on like Leicester did in their breakout season and we killed games off this like.


Somehow Leicester managed to win it, so anything’s possible.

BUT 17th will do :ayatollah:
Bay Blue
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 10:28 pm

Re: Jazz Richards & Bobby Reid to play in midfield

Postby bluemun » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:31 pm

It's a waste of both players to convert them to midfielders(back to one in Reid's case). Jazz could be wingback ,but is best as a fullback. Reid can only get goals playing further forward. We need to sign a couple of players very soon and spend serious money on a specialist holding midfielder.
bluemun
 
Posts: 1751
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:16 am

Re: Jazz Richards & Bobby Reid to play in midfield

Postby Bay Blue » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:39 pm

bluemun wrote:It's a waste of both players to convert them to midfielders(back to one in Reid's case). Jazz could be wingback ,but is best as a fullback. Reid can only get goals playing further forward. We need to sign a couple of players very soon and spend serious money on a specialist holding midfielder.


I’m with you on this.
NW has said he’s got 10 mill left out of the budget, so hopefully he’s gonna bring 1 or 2 in soon.
I’m sure the 10 mill could be increased as well if NW thought he had to to get the right players.
Bay Blue
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 10:28 pm

Re: Jazz Richards & Bobby Reid to play in midfield

Postby sid61284 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:20 pm

I think Jazz will do great in midfield. Saw him play a roaming role against villa where he man marked grealish out of the game and done superb
sid61284
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:08 pm

Re: Jazz Richards & Bobby Reid to play in midfield

Postby dogfound » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:22 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:I think it’s pretty obvious how we are going to play next season

A no nonsense flat back four that doesn’t venture into the opposing half

A couple of workhorses in midfield whose job will be to protect the back four and get the ball forward as quick as possible to the 4 flying machines whose job will be to hit the opposition on the break

We will be virtually by passing the midfield so I would suggest numerous players will be asked and will probably be able to fill in midfield during the course of the season


This is exactly how I see it :ayatollah:



same here....reading the board im not sure how obvious it is though ..
dogfound
 
Posts: 6250
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: Jazz Richards & Bobby Reid to play in midfield

Postby langstoneBlue » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:59 pm

If we have £10m available, I'd try and get this lad.

Sander Berge

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... OCtuSq8wBH

Only 20, but an absolute beast in the middle of the park.
Talk of a move to Fiorentia but nothing agreed yet.
langstoneBlue
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:23 pm

Re: Jazz Richards & Bobby Reid to play in midfield

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:04 pm

One up front with 2 midfielders backing him up with 2 holding doesn't sound to bad considering our speed? Most teams only have one upfront and use players to back them up. :old:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 15633
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Jazz Richards & Bobby Reid to play in midfield

Postby aberdare-blue » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:22 pm

Flat back 4
2 holding
Bobby Reid in 10 role attacking midfield
2 wingers
1 cf
That is how Bobby Reid will play not difficult to understand. How some people can moan by Warnock saying he can play midfield is laughable he was never brought in as a striker I always assumed he would play in 10 role anyway
Jazz started midfield I doubt he will pay much there but can defo do a job another body and back up rb
I'm confident of another 2 coming in striker and cm. :bluescarf:
aberdare-blue
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:23 pm

Re: Jazz Richards & Bobby Reid to play in midfield

Postby #1ScouseBluebird » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:52 pm

aberdare-blue wrote:Flat back 4
2 holding
Bobby Reid in 10 role attacking midfield
2 wingers
1 cf
That is how Bobby Reid will play not difficult to understand. How some people can moan by Warnock saying he can play midfield is laughable he was never brought in as a striker I always assumed he would play in 10 role anyway
Jazz started midfield I doubt he will pay much there but can defo do a job another body and back up rb
I'm confident of another 2 coming in striker and cm. :bluescarf:


Spot on that.

Reid and Pato for me vying for the no 10 spot.

Pato will play centre attacking midfield, RM, and RWB.

Jazz can play inside - he did it against Barnsley or Bristol as I recall last season and looked steady.

Our players are very adaptable, it’s a cracking squad.
#1ScouseBluebird
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:20 am

Re: Jazz Richards & Bobby Reid to play in midfield

Postby Man of Harlech » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:48 am

When he signed Cunningham I thought that Warnock might have thoughts of pushing Bennett forward into midfield. Didn't he do that at Huddersfield and the end of the 16/17 season, and didn't Bennett score two. Warnock said something about them possibly working well together, but there is no sign of this yet though.
Man of Harlech
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:17 pm



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Charlie Harper, cityone, Deep Blue, Google [Bot], KJblue, lynncard, maccydee, Majestic-12 [Bot], newblue57, RadnorRoad, scotslad, SirJimmySchoular, troobloo3339, Whistler and 222 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.