' Fans Divided over Cardiff City Player '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:53 pm

Nottingham Forest fans divided on Lee Tomlin - 'Unnecessary expenditure' or 'worth a loan deal'

Nottingham Post

Thursday 19th July 2018

Nottingham Forest fans are split on whether pursuing former Reds loanee Lee Tomlin would be a good move this summer.

Tomlin spent the second half of last season on loan at the City Ground from Cardiff City, making 15 appearances and scoring four goals.

Earlier in the summer, Forest boss Aitor Karanka was understood to be keen to link up with the attacker – who he previously worked with at Middlesbrough – once again.

And the 29-year-old has now reportedly been told he is free to leave the Bluebirds, as he is not a major part of manager Neil Warnock’s first-team plans.

But Reds supporters are divided on whether they would like to see Tomlin back in the Garibaldi.

Karanka has already added nine new faces to his squad, including strikers Lewis Grabban and Hillal Soudani, as well as attacking threat in the form of Joao Carvalho, Diogo Goncalves and Gil Dias.

On a recent poll, its 50-50 regarding signing the Cardiff City player.

FOREST FANS:

He's quality, so yes I would We've moved on with better signings Let's wait and see what happens

We asked fans whether they would like to see Tomlin back at Forest for the upcoming Championship season, and 50 percent of those who took part in the poll answered “we’ve moved on with better signings”.

Thirty-three percent said they would definitely still like to see the former Bournemouth man return, while 17 percent felt it would be best to “wait and see what happens” in the final weeks of the transfer window.

Camoman53 commented: “Loan deals for him and (Jack) Colback and review them after promotion”, while 90isthefuture said: “We have 6 attackers, 7 if you include Osborn so no need for Tomlin.”

JudgeDredd said: “Even if Cardiff were looking to give him away (which is very unlikely), I can’t see Forest wanting to pay Premier League wages for the likes of Tomlin.”

And Cheeks wrote: “Unnecessary expenditure at this point. For £13m, Carvalho needs to be playing the lion’s share of games in the number 10 position. We’ve got plenty of players who can play there as it is, we have more pressing needs at this point.”
Attachments
Lee-Tomlin-celebrates-as-he-draws-Forest-level-against-Reading.jpg
Lee-Tomlin-celebrates-as-he-draws-Forest-level-against-Reading.jpg (71.58 KiB) Viewed 4901 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Fans Divided over Cardiff City Player '

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:12 pm

Camoman53 commented: “Loan deals for him and (Jack) Colback and review them after promotion”

Does this bloke think promotion is guaranteed?

He can't have been watching championship football very long :banghead:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:12 pm

Lee Tomlin, Anthony Pilkington and goalkeeper Lee Camp have been working with the under-23 team and scouts from other clubs have been to Cardiff matches checking on their form.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby RICK+CCFC » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Lee Tomlin, Anthony Pilkington and goalkeeper Lee Camp have been working with the under-23 team and scouts from other clubs have been to Cardiff matches checking on their form.

It's his pot belly LT should be checking on!
RICK+CCFC

Postby dogfound » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:35 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Camoman53 commented: “Loan deals for him and (Jack) Colback and review them after promotion”

yes he does...great init :lol: :lol:
dogfound

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:36 pm

dogfound wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Camoman53 commented: “Loan deals for him and (Jack) Colback and review them after promotion”

yes he does...great init :lol: :lol:

They may possibly scrape the plays offs.. can't see anything more myself...
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby tonythomas » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:42 pm

I think it may be really difficult to find a club willing to pay even half of LT's reported £30,000 a week wages.(£30,000 buys you a lot of Big Mac's, and it shows)
Camp might be harder to loan out this season.Didnt have a great season with Sunderland.
Really hope Pilks can find somewhere, I think it was a straight choice between him and Kadeem for a squad spot and NW has gone with Kadeem.
Pilks could definitely do a job for a mid table Championship team.
tonythomas

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:46 pm

tonythomas wrote:I think it may be really difficult to find a club willing to pay even half of LT's reported £30,000 a week wages.(£30,000 buys you a lot of Big Mac's, and it shows)
Camp might be harder to loan out this season.Didnt have a great season with Sunderland.
Really hope Pilks can find somewhere, I think it was a straight choice between him and Kadeem for a squad spot and NW has gone with Kadeem.

Problem with Pilks is that he's probably on 30k also :shock:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby #1ScouseBluebird » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:47 pm

Losing patience with LTs fitness. I think that Warnock realises he’s a square peg here. I can’t see him fitting into our game plan. But he would be a plan B off the bench. That 30k salary is bumper for a player that never looks fit. Gonna be difficult to offload him. I like him as a player, but can’t see him having a role in this team.
#1ScouseBluebird

Postby boyo1927 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:11 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
tonythomas wrote:I think it may be really difficult to find a club willing to pay even half of LT's reported £30,000 a week wages.(£30,000 buys you a lot of Big Mac's, and it shows)

17k ish I believe
boyo1927

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:17 am

boyo1927 wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

17k ish I believe

Unless (this is speculation) when we signed him there was a clause giving a pay rise if we won promotion to the PL?
Tony Blue Williams

Return to General Chat