Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Warnock:"I have not had a fair crack of the whip"

Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:56 am

Do do you think your Premier League record gets an unfair press?

By Dominic Booth

NEIL WARNOCK:

"It depends. I guess certain tabloids will have a go at me from time to time and you're going to get that. But I’ve not really had a fair crack of the whip in the Premier League.

"At QPR I couldn't sign players because the owner was selling the club and the Tevez thing left a sour taste with Sheffield United - when we went down with 38 points, and clubs playing unrecognisable under-strength teams. But that drives me on.

"If you told me I could get 38 points next season, I might just take it you know.

"Coming to the end of my career, what's the worst that could happen? We might be relegated by Christmas and I'll be out of a job. But even then I could go into the Championship and take another team up."

Finally, on transfers... are you almost happy with your squad now?

Neil Warnock:

"Everyone knows I'm after Marko but I've spoken to another couple of players if that doesn't happen.

"With a striker, we've enquired about three or four.

"I don't really want to spend any money if I can help it, so I'd like to get lads on loan, the two missing pieces, so I'm prepared to leave that a bit longer until I can get the right ones. "
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Neil Warnock:"I have not had a fair crack of the whip"

Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:26 am

He deserves a full season without a doubt, and with 2 or 3 new players imminent I’m feeling optimistic :ayatollah: