' Marc Grujic update '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Marc Grujic update '

Postby Ninian Road Blue » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:52 pm

Here's the full article. Cut and paste is a wonderful facility...

Liverpool Midfielder Reportedly Set to Move to Cardiff City or Galatasaray on Loan
By Sam Blitz

Friday 20th July 2018

​​Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic will decide next week whether he wants to join ​Cardiff City or Galatasaray on loan this season, according to reports in Turkey.

The 22-year-old spent the second half of last season playing for the Bluebirds and appeared 14 times for Neil Warnock's side as Cardiff achieved top-flight football for the first time since 2014.

And while the team from South Wales have had a bid accepted by Liverpool for Grujic to have a second temporary stint at the Cardiff City Stadium, Galatasaray have also made an offer to the Serbian, with the Turkish side offering him the opportunity to play regular Champions League football.

​According to Turkish newspaper Aksam, Grujic will make a decision next week regarding his playing destination next season.

The 22-year-old reported for pre-season training at Liverpool on Friday morning alongside superstars Mohammed Salah and Sadio Mané after the trio were given an extended break following their commitments at this summer's ​World Cup with their respective countries.

Grujic was part of Serbia's 23-man squad who travelled to Russia but did not feature for Mladen Krstajic's side as they were eliminated at the group stages.

Cardiff manager Warnock has been anxious for Grujic to return to Cardiff this season, but has been frustrated by his agent dragging out the transfer for as long as possible.

The 69-year-old ​told the BBC, "It's a waiting game, but we won't wait forever. I think his agent - as they do - probably thinks he is going to try and get more money elsewhere."

Warnock also mentioned that Jurgen Klopp prefers the idea of Grujic getting regular Premier League football for the Bluebirds, and that might influence the player to stay in the UK.

"Liverpool want him to come and I think it will be good for him" - he added. "I think Marco does as well."

Grujic joined Liverpool in January 2016 from Red Star Belgrade for a reported £5m fee but has only made 14 appearances for the Reds in that time.
Ninian Road Blue

' Marc Grujic update '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Grujic update

Postby wez1927 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:58 pm

Ninian Road Blue wrote:https://www.90min.com/posts/6122451-liverpool-midfielder-reportedly-set-to-move-to-cardiff-city-or-galatasaray-on-loan?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=share

Tell him to bugger off if hes stalling move on
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Ninian Road Blue » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:12 pm

Full season in premier league or a handfull of champions league games? Surely he’s coming back?
Ninian Road Blue

Postby soldierblue1880 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:49 pm

I thought Warnock was only giving him today to make his mind up
soldierblue1880

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:39 pm

This story as same as previous ones? Galatasaray have been interested all along just need NW to say you coming or not now! :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Bluesman » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:21 am

Get the man behind him in the photo - Hourihane from Villa.
Bluesman

Re: ' Marc Grujic update '

Postby dicey1966 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:56 am

Theres a video of him, Mane and Salah at Melwood training camp. Let's just say his fitness levels are not yet in the same league.
dicey1966

Re: ' Marc Grujic update '

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:25 pm

dicey1966 wrote:Theres a video of him, Mane and Salah at Melwood training camp. Let's just say his fitness levels are not yet in the same league.

I've always said he isn't mobile enough. I don't know why we are wasting our time chasing him. There are quality centre midfielders in the Championship like Ryan Woods at Brentford or Ben Pearson at Preston who are much better than Grujic imo.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby dogfound » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:18 am

wez1927 wrote:
Ninian Road Blue wrote:https://www.90min.com/posts/6122451-liverpool-midfielder-reportedly-set-to-move-to-cardiff-city-or-galatasaray-on-loan?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=share

Tell him to bugger off if hes stalling move on

not sure we would have 11 let alone a 25 man squad if you were in charge of signings..thats about the 3rd player youve suggested we should tell to bugger off.
dogfound

Return to General Chat