Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Warnock on Torquay and Ward injury

Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:33 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I took Wardy off but it was just a kick on his knee, it wasn't anything bad and he was a bit frustrated coming off," said Warnock.

"It was an impact, but even so I'm not going to risk that on a night like tonight. I decided not to take any chances.

"I just wanted to make sure we haven't got any injuries and we haven't, so it's been a perfect week really.

"It was just ideal to be honest, they're a tough side, the pitch was very good and we've three weeks now to build up.

"This week wasn't about results, it was about getting the minutes on board for everybody and we've come away without any injuries."

The Yorkshireman also revealed the Bluebirds had held a rigorous training session on Friday morning, which played a part in their lacklustre second half display at Plainmoor.

Warnock isn't worried about the result as Cardiff now gear up for their next two pre-season friendlies, against Rotherham and Burton Albion next week.

"Training has been good and on a normal day I wouldn't have run their socks off as I did this morning," added Warnock.

"But we have to work hard, it's a pre-season week down here, it's not a holiday.

"So the players might be a little frustrated with me working them so hard before a game, but I'm more concerned that we get the minutes and the effort. Torquay have trained a couple more weeks than us, but it's the next step."