Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated: Ex Cardiff City Player Matt Kennedy

Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:39 am

Updated:

Former Everton and Cardiff City winger Matty Kennedy joins St Johnstone

Saturday July 21, 2018

Transfer News

Former Everton and Cardiff City winger Matty Kennedy has joined Scottish Premiership side St Johnstone.

Kennedy joined the Bluebirds from Everton in 2015, and was a consistent selection under former Cardiff manager Russell Slade during his first season in South Wales.

St Johnstone have signed 23 year old Scottish winger Matt Kennedy on a 2 year deal.

I’ve just received a message from a mate of mine who supports them along with a picture from their club website.

I don’t think he would have got a look in for the Premier League season ahead of us and I wish him all the best for the future. I told him it could potentially be a great signing for them. :thumbup:

Re: Matt Kennedy

Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:48 am

I think he’s a lot better than them. Probably be snapped up by a bigger club in a year or two.

Re: Ex Cardiff City Player Matt Kennedy

Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:26 pm

Saturday July 21, 2018

Transfer News

Former Everton and Cardiff City winger Matty Kennedy has joined Scottish Premiership side St Johnstone.

Kennedy joined the Bluebirds from Everton in 2015, and was a consistent selection under former Cardiff manager Russell Slade during his first season in South Wales.

After making the switch to the Cardiff City Stadium for the second half of the 2014/15 campaign, Kennedy made his debut against Blackburn Rovers and went on to make 14 appearances that season.

During his three-year stay with the Bluebirds, Kennedy enjoyed three loan spells with Port Vale, Plymouth Argyle and Portsmouth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Updated: Ex Cardiff City Player Matt Kennedy

Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:15 pm

I'd bet he' not on a grand a week.~Maybe he can work his way up the scottish leagues.

Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:26 pm

Always liked him, decent player. Wish him well.

Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:21 pm

Didn't think he was anything special when he was with us.

Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:01 pm

I liked him, always felt he could do a job but seems to have something missing.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:47 pm

103 Barmy Army wrote:Updated:

Saturday July 21, 2018

Transfer News

St Johnstone have signed 23 year old Scottish winger Matt Kennedy on a 2 year deal.

I’ve just received a message from a mate of mine who supports them along with a picture from their club website.

I don’t think he would have got a look in for the Premier League season ahead of us and I wish him all the best for the future. I told him it could potentially be a great signing for them. :thumbup:

The same mate also told me they’ve signed Tony Watt who scored the winning goal for them yesterday.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:53 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I liked him, always felt he could do a job but seems to have something missing.

Very creative but seemed to dislike tracking back and played under quite defensive managers here, thought a Chmapionship team would pick him up on a free.