Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tomlin

Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:57 pm

Whats he doing playing for the under 23, does anybody think Gunnersson and Ralls going to set the premiership alight.Unless Warnocks got a couple off class midfeild players lined up we're doomed, doomed i tell you.

Re: Tomlin

Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:05 pm

Complete agree with your posting,it beggars belief that Warnock prefers Paterson in midfield to Tomlin

Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:17 pm

13 goals from Patterson, no I can't work it out either why he would choose him over Tomlin :-)

Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:32 pm

fred keenor wrote:13 goals from Patterson, no I can't work it out either why he would choose him over Tomlin :-)

Tomlin has more creativity and skill in his little finger than Paterson has in his whole body,we desperately need creativity in our midfield and if you or Warnock can't see that then we are in big trouble

Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:38 pm

Tomlin was a gamble. I think he was mid table championship at best. Fat useless footballer.

Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:40 pm

Warnock is useless. His hugely successful managerial career was a fluke

Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:42 pm

Leon1927 wrote:Tomlin was a gamble. I think he was mid table championship at best. Fat useless footballer.

Couldn't disagree with you more,but that's what this Forum is all about an exchange of views as long it doesn't get personal and nasty

Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:45 pm

Leon1927 wrote:Warnock is useless. His hugely successful managerial career was a fluke

Now your being silly I have great admiration for all Warnock has achieved in football but at the end of the day he's human and can make errors of judgment

Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:52 pm

He will make mistakes but let’s judge him at the end of the season. People judged him beginning of last season and they looked silly at the end of the season when he defied every city fans expectations

Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:57 pm

Leon1927 wrote:He will make mistakes but let’s judge him at the end of the season. People judged him beginning of last season and they looked silly at the end of the season when he defied every city fans expectations

I have doubts about Warnocks ability to keep us in the Premiership but I agree with you when you say "wait and see"

Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:10 pm

If he keeps us up then that would be another fantastic achievement. I think he deserves a full season whatever happens. There is no loyalty in football so it may not happen. If we do go down we have a good championship team to go again. I’m going to enjoy it as it’s a bonus season for me. rather this approach than the last time.

Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:17 pm

Leon1927 wrote:If he keeps us up then that would be another fantastic achievement. I think he deserves a full season whatever happens. There is no loyalty in football so it may not happen. If we do go down we have a good championship team to go again. I’m going to enjoy it as it’s a bonus season for me. rather this approach than the last time.

If Warnock brings in the right players and we play to our strengths I am confident we can stay up

Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:36 pm

is this a joke Tomlin v Patterson ????? omg well one of them was a class signing and helped us promoted

Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:43 pm

valleyrambill wrote:is this a joke Tomlin v Patterson ????? omg well one of them was a class signing and helped us promoted

I have said all that I'm going to on this subject

Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:05 pm

Leon1927 wrote:Tomlin was a gamble. I think he was mid table championship at best. Fat useless footballer.

you didnt mention slow..f**k is he slow

Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:06 pm

Tomlin won't make the 25 obvious. Playing with the youth teams, didn't want him in the championship so can't see why that would change in the Prem.

Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:29 pm

soldierblue1880 wrote:
valleyrambill wrote:is this a joke Tomlin v Patterson ????? omg well one of them was a class signing and helped us promoted

I have said all that I'm going to on this subject

id have thought so...one had a huge EFFECT on our success last season the others best contribution was to get out of everyones hair for 6 months.
maybe he should send his little finger to the gym at least then part of him might be fit.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:35 am

Its such a shame really. A fit and lean Tomlin would be in there for sure.

Not knowing what goes on behind the scenes we can only guess and i would he doesnt and i can't help but question Tomlin commitment to our great club.

Has anyone watched him play in pre season?

Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:12 pm

He doesn't have the mentality to be a professional footballer that can play as part of this team. Why is this so hard to understand. Bags of talent but he's a waster...

Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:47 pm

For the life of me i Cant understand how he fails to stay in shape season after season.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:47 pm

Some players earn to much money for not playing warming bench sitting in stand as a squad player.
They loose motivation to be the best they can be, settling for a few hours training then not getting picked.
They have the talent but dont push themselves.

Tomlin is one of them, shame really as he is talented.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:56 pm

Reminds me of a certain Darcy Blake, bags of potential which was wasted :oops:

Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:58 pm

Mr Bean wrote:Reminds me of a certain Darcy Blake, bags of potential which was wasted :oops:

Still only 29 now, total waste to throw it all away.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:07 pm

People forget that last season he missed alot of training due to his community service.
He wasn't match fit. But once he gained that at forest he looked a different player.