Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MAY BE A GAPING HOLE ON THIS RUMOUR...

Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:04 am

Saw this report of a 'possible' Cardiff City target and thought it a little odd from the off but then I read the punchline and had a little chuckle...

Sunday 22nd July 2018

2 Ideal loan destinations for Man United’s 22-year-old starlet including Cardiff City
By Sebastian Jacob

Two ideal loan destinations for Manchester United goalkeeper Joel Pereira

Manchester United have been busy this summer with a number of incoming and outgoing transfer hassles going on at the club. Jose Mourinho will be preparing to get one over his rivals this time around after the club endured an inconsistent campaign last season.

The Red Devils have already signed Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Fred and FC Porto defender Diogo Dalot. Mourinho also signed Stoke City goalkeeper Lee Grant for an undisclosed fee. The former Burnley goalkeeper will play third fiddle to David De Gea and Sergio Romero this season.

This means that youngster Joel Pereira will fall further down the pecking order. The goalkeeper came through the ranks of Manchester United’s youth academy and made his way into the senior squad in 2015. But the 22-year-old has just played one game for the Red Devils, keeping a clean sheet.

The arrival of Lee Grant will allow Joel Pereira to move elsewhere on loan in order to develop as a player. Mourinho would be keen to loan out the player as regular game time would do a world of good to the youngster.

Here we take a look at two ideal clubs the youngster could make the move to in search of regular football.

Cardiff City

Neil Warnock has once again guided a club back into the Premier League and this time, it’s Cardiff City. The Bluebirds will need additional players to bolster their squad ahead of the new campaign. Warnock could sign Joel Pereira on loan for the season after club goalkeeper Neil Etheridge played 45 games in the Championship.

The Manchester United youngster could offer sufficient cover for the team. He could even be utilised as their main man next season. The Bluebirds have already sold Alex Smithies to Queens Park Rangers and are one goalkeeper short in their ranks. Pereira would be a great acquisition given that the club don’t have to spend a lot of money to bring him on loan.

Derby County

Frank Lampard has now occupied the hot seat at Derby County. The former Chelsea skipper will be aiming for promotion to the Premier League in his first season with the club. The Rams will need to bolster their goalkeeping ranks before the start of the new season.

Club goalkeeper Scott Carson played 48 games in the Championship last season. He was impressive for the Rams but could use some support and cover. Joel Pereira will be the perfect man to do so. He possesses all the right qualities and Lampard could rotate between the two during a busy season.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MAY BE A GAPING HOLE ON THIS RUMOUR...

Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:16 am

This is the standard of football journalism these days, all they need is twitter and access to the forums, and this silly bugger still made a pigs ear of it.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:14 pm

To be fair ,football journalism has never been the pinnacle of that profession and I feel a bit sorry for the poor kid who made the c@@k up. What annoys me is when they get one dubious story and cut and paste it into apparently different ones with a new headline.
I think stories like this " such a team should sign so and so", are probably just made up by agents trying to shift on a difficult client.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:02 pm

I would imagine agents are not involved at all. These are just typical articles written by members of journalistic websites to which anyone could contribute. People’s inability to filter ‘news’ from click bait articles and opinion pieces baffles me. Someone further down felt the need to post a ‘twitter rumour’ which turns out to be one person linking us with a player, admittedly after trawling through twitter to find it. I bet if I tweeted a random name in talks on Twitter it would be a sticky on here in no time.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:16 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:To be fair ,football journalism has never been the pinnacle of that profession and I feel a bit sorry for the poor kid who made the c@@k up. What annoys me is when they get one dubious story and cut and paste it into apparently different ones with a new headline.
I think stories like this " such a team should sign so and so", are probably just made up by agents trying to shift on a difficult client.

hard to feel sorry for him when it really is very simple to check these facts out...3seconds?

Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:22 pm

Gaping hole sir?? Ooooo suits you sir!!! Ooooooh!! :laughing6:

Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:05 pm

dogfound wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:To be fair ,football journalism has never been the pinnacle of that profession and I feel a bit sorry for the poor kid who made the c@@k up. What annoys me is when they get one dubious story and cut and paste it into apparently different ones with a new headline.

hard to feel sorry for him when it really is very simple to check these facts out...3seconds?

Simple to make a big f**k up too then hope no one notices. Unfortunately for this kid, they did !

Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:50 pm

Why the hell did Warnock buy Smithies just so he can be sold back to QPR.............

Sack them all i say !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:49 am

Hope we got a good price for him, maybe be added a buy back option :lol:

Was there a sell on clause when we bought him from QPR? Will we have to pay QPR anything for selling him back to them?

Good luck Smities, hope you enjoyed your brief spell with us. :wave:

:lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:06 am

Solid choice for a sticky this...

Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:36 am

paulh_85 wrote:Solid choice for a sticky this...

almost 5k hits Paul..

Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:04 pm

I wonder if Sebastian Jacob did his apprentaship with Wales online, known for their thorough football research methods. Oh gawd, he's probably going to end up there isn't he. Fits the profile.