Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

3 short i feel

Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:38 pm

I think we are two midfielders and a striker short ,hope warnock has got these lined up

Re: 3 short i feel

Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:01 pm

We definetely need 1 midfielder, I don’t agree with the extra one and the striker though. Whoever we sign are going to be in the same category of “might not work out” so let’s just stick with what we’ve got with an extra midfielder ideally Grujic, and not waste any money on what we already have really

Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:18 pm

I agree with Wez.

Looks like Tomlin wont be given a try
So deffo need 2 mid and a centre forward

At the moment Danny Ward looks sharpest
Up front but Neìl
Loves the target man
No sure if zohore or madine have a next gear
To step up and hold against more clever
Defenders in this division

Hope im wrong

Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:54 pm

wez1927 wrote:I think we are two midfielders and a striker short ,hope warnock has got these lined up

I must say I tend to agree with you but I have to tell you that I read recently that Warnock said that if he couldn't get anymore players in he wouldn't mind at all,so let's hope for the best but be prepared for the worst

Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:07 pm

That's a very very minimum, I'd say at least 4 and probably 5 short of a real attempt to stay up.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:13 pm

eddiep wrote:I agree with Wez.

Up front but Neìl
Loves the target man

Hope im wrong

I've got this feeling that Garry Madine is going to shock everyone except Sir Neil this season .
I'm not sure a "striker " is much good to us unless we try and play a whole new shape, which I don't suggest cause the Premierships not the place for experiments, as poor old Olly found out.
Yes certainly at least one good midfielder and I really don't understand why a Right sided full back isn't a big priority.

I can envisage starting the season with what we've got though, because I tend to think he'd have wanted all newcomers in training and playing in friendlies by now.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:17 pm

2blue2handle wrote:That's a very very minimum, I'd say at least 4 and probably 5 short of a real attempt to stay up.

We'll stay up. I've got £100 on top half of table finish, which is ambitious, but we'll certainly stay up. ( Long as we don't sack the manager suddenly half way through the season or anything that is).

Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:39 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:That's a very very minimum, I'd say at least 4 and probably 5 short of a real attempt to stay up.

We'll stay up. I've got £100 on top half of table finish, which is ambitious, but we'll certainly stay up. ( Long as we don't sack the manager suddenly half way through the season or anything that is).

Let's hope so :occasion5:

Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:00 pm

I think most people are thinking this, but who knows? It will be fun anyway...

Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:22 pm

The noises coming from the club are that there will be two more.

I agree that 3 are needed and even then a lot of luck would be needed to stay up.

4 or 5 would mean giving it a go and having a chance.

But it doesn't seem like that is happening especially with all the new contracts handed out. It felt a bit like we were securing the squad for another tilt at promotion the year after next.

Don't get me wrong though, if its just two more then fine, let's just give it a go.

Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:57 pm

Wayne S wrote:The noises coming from the club are that there will be two more.

I agree that 3 are needed and even then a lot of luck would be needed to stay up.

4 or 5 would mean giving it a go and having a chance.

But it doesn't seem like that is happening especially with all the new contracts handed out. It felt a bit like we were securing the squad for another tilt at promotion the year after next.

Don't get me wrong though, if its just two more then fine, let's just give it a go.

That's the impression I get

Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:29 pm

If Grujic comes in the midfied is still Bryson and Halford short from last season...not good enough
Madine is no were near premiership standard or Ward... we will struggle badly

an injury ot two and we will be knackered...my opinion

Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:09 am

Savigma wrote:We definetely need 1 midfielder, I don’t agree with the extra one and the striker though. Whoever we sign are going to be in the same category of “might not work out” so let’s just stick with what we’ve got with an extra midfielder ideally Grujic, and not waste any money on what we already have really

Grujic included then, your happy going into the prem with a weaker midfield than last season (we've lost bryson)?

Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:54 am

Simple maths really... we have lost Bryson, Grujic and Halford and replaces them with...

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:51 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
eddiep wrote:I agree with Wez.

Up front but Neìl
Loves the target man

Hope im wrong

I've got this feeling that Garry Madine is going to shock everyone except Sir Neil this season .
I'm not sure a "striker " is much good to us unless we try and play a whole new shape, which I don't suggest cause the Premierships not the place for experiments, as poor old Olly found out.
Yes certainly at least one good midfielder and I really don't understand why a Right sided full back isn't a big priority.

I can envisage starting the season with what we've got though, because I tend to think he'd have wanted all newcomers in training and playing in friendlies by now.

Agree with the above. Madine is going to be a right nuisance imo.

We also need a right back badly as I don't think Peltier will be good enough and Richards could get injured in the first week.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:48 am

wez1927 wrote:I think we are two midfielders and a striker short ,hope warnock has got these lined up

I agree Wez and they need to be pf Premier League quality :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:28 am

For crying out loud people. We have lost Bryson & Halford. Do you seriously think we are weaker without them? We are stronger without them. Playing Bryson as much as Warnock did must have either been a clause in the loan or Warnock just wanted to keep people happy and played the guy who was cover over better options I.E Grujic, Patterson & Damour at times.

In my opinion Bryson worked his socks off and that’s why Warnock rated him, but in my eyes he wasn’t always the best option especially for how short he is.

We are likely signing Grujic again, so that leaves us with pretty much identical midfield as last season EXCEPT all of our midfielders have had atleast experence together in this group and should be stronger in every way because of it. We’ve gained, not lost. You can’t say a fringe player like Halford is a loss, and you certainly can’t convince me that losing Bryson is a big deal because nobody really wanted him back when that rumour of signing him this season came up.

Why do we need to buy extra midfielders that clog up the 25 man squad when 1: we have like Anywhere from 25-45% possession a game and that’s how we like to play with Warnock, and 2: we have cover with Jazz Richards, Bamba & Bobby Reid if we end up getting 3 Midfield injuries, which I would be surprised if that happens at one go anyway.

Everyone needs to take a chill pill seriously haha. We will be fine... you moan about having a weaker Midfield as last season... err, I thought our midfield considering how we played were superb to be fair, Every midfielder was solid. But nobody stresses that we have a less defence as last season now that Halford (who played CB/RB at times too) has gone and we’ve only replaced him with Cunningham who can’t even play right back. So I’m not being funny you lot are talking gobbledeegoop

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am

soldierblue1880 wrote:

I must say I tend to agree with you but I have to tell you that I read recently that Warnock said that if he couldn't get anymore players in he wouldn't mind at all,so let's hope for the best but be prepared for the worst

I think that's just one of his mind games, letting players, other clubs and agents know that if we come in for a player, we don't really need them so don't try and take the piss because we are not in desperate need!

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:59 pm

Bluebina wrote:
soldierblue1880 wrote:

I think that's just one of his mind games, letting players, other clubs and agents know that if we come in for a player, we don't really need them so don't try and take the piss because we are not in desperate need!

You could be right

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I agree Wez and they need to be pf Premier League quality :thumbright: :bluebird:

Agree pl quilaty either experience premier league or from the top leagues in euro, we desperately need a midfield playmaker with a bit of steel

Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:53 pm

Savigma wrote:For crying out loud people. We have lost Bryson & Halford. Do you seriously think we are weaker without them? We are stronger without them. Playing Bryson as much as Warnock did must have either been a clause in the loan or Warnock just wanted to keep people happy and played the guy who was cover over better options I.E Grujic, Patterson & Damour at times.

In my opinion Bryson worked his socks off and that’s why Warnock rated him, but in my eyes he wasn’t always the best option especially for how short he is.

We are likely signing Grujic again, so that leaves us with pretty much identical midfield as last season EXCEPT all of our midfielders have had atleast experence together in this group and should be stronger in every way because of it. We’ve gained, not lost. You can’t say a fringe player like Halford is a loss, and you certainly can’t convince me that losing Bryson is a big deal because nobody really wanted him back when that rumour of signing him this season came up.

Why do we need to buy extra midfielders that clog up the 25 man squad when 1: we have like Anywhere from 25-45% possession a game and that’s how we like to play with Warnock, and 2: we have cover with Jazz Richards, Bamba & Bobby Reid if we end up getting 3 Midfield injuries, which I would be surprised if that happens at one go anyway.

Everyone needs to take a chill pill seriously haha. We will be fine... you moan about having a weaker Midfield as last season... err, I thought our midfield considering how we played were superb to be fair, Every midfielder was solid. But nobody stresses that we have a less defence as last season now that Halford (who played CB/RB at times too) has gone and we’ve only replaced him with Cunningham who can’t even play right back. So I’m not being funny you lot are talking gobbledeegoop

some good points in there...the one i dont get though is how many people are screaming about a midfield player maker yet have no concerns about Joe Ralls...really dont see how those 2 things go together because its Ralls jersey this chocolate tea pot will be wearing as he watches the ball fly over his head.