Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Grangetown

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:53 am

Corporation road is closed both ends in grangetown coz of a murder so bypass that area..

Re: Grangetown

Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:19 pm

A murder investigation has been launched after a 20-year-old man was stabbed to death.

Police were called to reports of a serious assault in a front garden at a house in Corporation Road, Grangetown, Cardiff, at about 02:00 BST on Monday.

The victim suffered multiple stab wounds and died at the scene. No arrests have been made.
Parts of Corporation Road and Holmesdale Street have been shut while forensics officers examine the scene.

Det Chief Insp Gareth Morgan, who is leading the investigation, said: "Detectives will be making inquiries in the Grangetown and Butetown areas of Cardiff today while we establish the exact circumstances of this fatal incident and who is responsible.

"A young man has been murdered and we would appeal for anyone with information to please contact South Wales Police."

Although the victim has yet to be formally identified, he is believed to be a 20-year-old man from Butetown. His next of kin have been informed.

At the scene

BBC Wales reporter Michela Riva said people in the area were shocked and surprised to hear about the attack on their doorstep.

Neighbours described the area as generally safe and a local taxi driver, who lives nearby the police cordon, said he was upset to hear that the young man was from Butetown as it could be someone he knows.

Community organiser Ali Abdi described the incident as "alarming" especially given it was at the start of the school summer holidays.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:03 pm

Gone to the dogs the place has

Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:26 pm

stephendavid wrote:Gone to the dogs the place has

Born and bred there mate, couldn’t agree more.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:12 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Would never walk through Grangetown at night after what happened to me a few years ago, myself and my missus at the time were walking just over the bridge coming from town, down towards Penarth road, we got to the section where there is a crossroads with traffic lights, as we crossed over and worked slightly down just past the estate agents, my missus and I were pulled into the side street lane, I was punched to the ground, my missus was thrown to the ground, my wallet was taken, they tried to take my missus bag with our phones in, I managed to trip one of the guys up, he dropped the bag, I kicked him and his friends bailed, I turned to check on my missus and he ran off, they took my wallet, that was all, had nothing in it either, but it shook us up to the core, police involved, didn’t find the people who did it but they looked like Somalis, this was 9pm at night so not late at all, it changed my outcome on late night walking, put it that way.

Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:14 pm

Wolfpac wrote:

Would never walk through Grangetown at night after what happened to me a few years ago, myself and my missus at the time were walking just over the bridge coming from town, down towards Penarth road, we got to the section where there is a crossroads with traffic lights, as we crossed over and worked slightly down just past the estate agents, my missus and I were pulled into the side street lane, I was punched to the ground, my missus was thrown to the ground, my wallet was taken, they tried to take my missus bag with our phones in, I managed to trip one of the guys up, he dropped the bag, I kicked him and his friends bailed, I turned to check on my missus and he ran off, they took my wallet, that was all, had nothing in it either, but it shook us up to the core, police involved, didn’t find the people who did it but they looked like Somalis, this was 9pm at night so not late at all, it changed my outcome on late night walking, put it that way.

Mate don’t mention the possible race of the attackers, the lefties will be all over this thread like a rash. :o

Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:16 pm

Yep your right it's always been bad there's been a lot of stabbings in the area last few months but it never gets reported coz the police don't want to admit they got a knife problem in grange

Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:50 pm

Lived there all my life gladly out of there now

Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:36 pm

stephendavid wrote:Lived there all my life gladly out of there now

Same lived here all my life it's got so bad here I would love to move out but just can't afford to move anywhere else

Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:35 pm

Stagger home from town every weekend at 2 in the morning. Never had any issues

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:02 pm

I have lived in Grangetown since 1982, before that in Splott from birth in 1954, never had any problems, things like this happen everywhere, not saying it's right and I hope they catch whoever is responsible. Drugs maybe?

Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:50 pm

Grangetowns completely changed from years gone by an is finished,not a football side left down there apart from the albions left down there baseball has wrapped in and 90% of grange people have moved out over the last few years,i lived there for 35 years my dad for 56 years,used to be such a great community spirit down there sad to see it the way it is nowadays

Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:37 pm

Feel sorry for the older generation who remain there. Once a proper community.. not anymore. It's like the reverse of gentrification..