Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Club Shop Shambles

Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:06 pm

Can you believe they only currently have extra large sizes of the home shirt in stock? If you currently want to order a home shirt in any other size, you’re going to have to wait a few weeks for them to get the other sizes in. Encouraging that so many shirts have been purchased this summer, but the majority of shirts were sold during the kit launch weekend and you would think the club would have ordered a healthy supply of small, medium and large shirts to replenish their stock and not run out once again?

On a positive note, I haven’t bought a shirt since the rebrand, so the fact I’m buying a shirt this season shows the great strides the club and Vincent Tan himself has made to reconnect with the fans, although Warnock has obviously played a massive factor with this as well.

Re: Club Shop Shambles

Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:11 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Can you believe they only currently have extra large sizes of the home shirt in stock? If you currently want to order a home shirt in any other size, you’re going to have to wait a few weeks for them to get the other sizes in. Encouraging that so many shirts have been purchased this summer, but the majority of shirts were sold during the kit launch weekend and you would think the club would have ordered a healthy supply of small, medium and large shirts to replenish their stock and not run out once again?

On a positive note, I haven’t bought a shirt since the rebrand, so the fact I’m buying a shirt this season shows the great strides the club and Vincent Tan himself has made to reconnect with the fans, although Warnock has obviously played a massive factor with this as well.

JD Sports stock them too. £1 extra.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:14 pm

norms76 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Can you believe they only currently have extra large sizes of the home shirt in stock? If you currently want to order a home shirt in any other size, you’re going to have to wait a few weeks for them to get the other sizes in. Encouraging that so many shirts have been purchased this summer, but the majority of shirts were sold during the kit launch weekend and you would think the club would have ordered a healthy supply of small, medium and large shirts to replenish their stock and not run out once again?

That’s useful to know, cheers. :thumbright:

Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:31 pm

Xl good choice of stock levels for the average size of city support I think :-)

Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:37 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
norms76 wrote:

That’s useful to know, cheers. :thumbright:

Just looked on JD Sports website it says they are sold out of men's shirts all sizes!

Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:45 pm

fred keenor wrote:Xl good choice of stock levels for the average size of city support I think :-)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:55 pm

I don’t think anyone could predict the record shirt sales. The shirt sales and the ticket sales have surpassed most peoples expectations

Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:59 pm

Any kids age 3-4 kits available yet?

Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:55 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:Any kids age 3-4 kits available yet?

When I emailed the shop I was told September for the mini kits.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:06 pm

How is the club shop selling out of shirts a shambles surely that means there doing there job well.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:01 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:

How is the club shop selling out of shirts a shambles surely that means there doing there job well.

It's a shambles because it's clearly a distinct lack of planning and organisation on the prediction of future sales.

If you was a patient in a hospital and the department said they don't have your treatment in stock because they have run out, meaning your health and life would be put at risk, would you think that department are doing their job well?

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:16 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

It's a shambles because it's clearly a distinct lack of planning and organisation on the prediction of future sales.

If you was a patient in a hospital and the department said they don't have your treatment in stock because they have run out, meaning your health and life would be put at risk, would you think that department are doing their job well?

Ross, all a bit harsh there, surely? :?

The club estimated shirt sales (possibly based on previous seasons plus an expected uptake) and bought accordingly. The fans came, they saw, they liked and they bought...early!

Club sells out, orders more to meet increased demand and those who delayed their purchase have to wait a little...

Exciting season ahead for the Bluebirds and people want to show their association. It's not been like that for some years and (all joking about bandwagon jumpers apart) I'm actually happy to see it...

Hopefully, you'll get one before the season starts and all will be good in the world :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:33 pm

The Club Shop can't win, if they order too many and end up with hundreds lying on the shelves, they'd get criticized for that as well!

I don't know how they could be expected to be able to forecast the extraordinary rush to buy the shirts this season and know that people who haven't bought shirts for a number of years, would suddenly want to now!

The only cheap way that I could see that they would be able to determine anything like an accurate number of interested persons, would be to e-mail everybody on their database, but I suspect the majority of people wouldn't be arsed to reply!

In truth, I suspect their crystal ball ran out of batteries and the same people whingeing about not being able to get hold of a Premier League shirt as yet, will be the same people whingeing that the temperature is too hot at the moment, but whinge that the weather will be too cold & wet come the winter!

Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:01 pm

Sven wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

The club estimated shirt sales (possibly based on previous seasons plus an expected uptake) and bought accordingly. The fans came, they saw, they liked and they bought...early!

Club sells out, orders more to meet increased demand and those who delayed their purchase have to wait a little...

Exciting season ahead for the Bluebirds and people want to show their association. It's not been like that for some years and (all joking about bandwagon jumpers apart) I'm actually happy to see it...

Hopefully, you'll get one before the season starts and all will be good in the world :thumbright: :ayatollah:

I'm not bothered if I get my shirt before the season starts, I'm bothered about how amateurish this is. I doubt any other Premiership club has ever run out of shirts to this extent and let's be honest, this isn't the first time something like this has happened at the club.

I've said how positive it is shirts are selling, but the club clearly haven't planned ahead properly. Early indications showed the kit would be popular before the kit launch weekend. We are now back in the Premiership. There is the feel good factor with promotion and Warnock bringing the club back together. Season ticket sales have gone through the roof. It was pretty obvious we would sell a lot more shirts than previous seasons.

I'm stunned the club haven't played safe and ordered more than enough not to run out. The club could have easily slashed the price of the shirts later in the season to sell off any leftovers. I find it totally incredible to be honest.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:14 pm

Some people just like a good moan!

Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:58 am

No difference to any shop in town. A popular brand sells out due to demand ... move on and stop whinging.

Perhaps I’m partly to blame as I’ve bought my first ever replica top! :lol:

Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:17 am

It’s a travesty how dare the shop not over stock on things tonteg needs to buy!

They need to supply me with next weeks lottery numbers when they get there crystal ball fixed.

Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:33 am

Anyone know what they have left of the away kit?

Wasn’t online last I checked

Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:50 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

I'm not bothered if I get my shirt before the season starts, I'm bothered about how amateurish this is. I doubt any other Premiership club has ever run out of shirts to this extent and let's be honest, this isn't the first time something like this has happened at the club.

I've said how positive it is shirts are selling, but the club clearly haven't planned ahead properly. Early indications showed the kit would be popular before the kit launch weekend. We are now back in the Premiership. There is the feel good factor with promotion and Warnock bringing the club back together. Season ticket sales have gone through the roof. It was pretty obvious we would sell a lot more shirts than previous seasons.

I'm stunned the club haven't played safe and ordered more than enough not to run out. The club could have easily slashed the price of the shirts later in the season to sell off any leftovers. I find it totally incredible to be honest.

But surely the fact that JD Sports have also sold out demonstrates that the fault (if any) lies elsewhere ? Maybe Adidas were the people who underestimated the demand and the numbers they needed to manufacture :?:

I wanted a shirt and will get one when they're back in stock but I can't, for the life of me, see that this is a mistake by the club and something we should be describing as a "shambles" !!

Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:53 am

paulh_85 wrote:Anyone know what they have left of the away kit?

There were plenty of M, L & XL in stock on Monday. Didn’t notice other sizes.

Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:18 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

Ross, with respect you're clearly 'bothered' as you created a whole thread about it! ;)

I can only speak of my own experiences and I find the shop pretty good

I actually bought a shirt (and a new cap) for the first time in many a season. I did it mainly for the Premier League badges, so I could ask my 'Jack' associates why they haven't got any on their shirts this season? :lol:

It may or may not last long but watching the smugness drain from their faces is well worth the cost! :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:22 am

I was told 3 to 4 year old due in sept

Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:48 am

You can't win, supply and demand, for once demand has outstripped supply, it will soon be rectified, all positive :thumbup:

Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:32 am

Overthemoon wrote:Some people just like a good moan!

Spot on

Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:54 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

I will have a moan when I think it's justified like anyone else but that is a mental analogy fella fair play.

Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:05 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:Anyone know what they have left of the away kit?

There were plenty of M, L & XL in stock on Monday. Didn’t notice other sizes.

That’s good because I’m a muscular L :mrgreen:

Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:46 pm

norms76 wrote:

yes but the club do not then get the profit..which i think is Tontegs point...

Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:11 pm

dogfound wrote:
norms76 wrote:

I don’t think he has a point. Just likes to moan an let us all know how shit Cardiff City are as a football club.

When you compare life or death situations too having to wait a week or two for a tshirt you need to have a word with yourself.

I can almost guarantee you as well that if we had bought plenty of stock of all the sizes in of the new kit and had some left over at the end of the season he’d be the first person on here to complain about how ridiculous it is that the club are wasting money over stocking shirts.

Some people were just put on this earth to walk around and act like Victor Meldrew

Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:24 pm

Ordered my away shirt Tuesday. Winging its way to me as I speak.
First time I've bought a shirt in many years.

Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:26 pm

dogfound wrote:
norms76 wrote:

No, I think he’s just saying that they should have plenty available at the club shop.

I’m merely saying there’s another outlet selling Cardiff tops.

You’re looking into it a bit too much I think.