Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Club Shop Shambles

Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:11 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Can you believe they only currently have extra large sizes of the home shirt in stock? If you currently want to order a home shirt in any other size, you’re going to have to wait a few weeks for them to get the other sizes in. Encouraging that so many shirts have been purchased this summer, but the majority of shirts were sold during the kit launch weekend and you would think the club would have ordered a healthy supply of small, medium and large shirts to replenish their stock and not run out once again?

On a positive note, I haven’t bought a shirt since the rebrand, so the fact I’m buying a shirt this season shows the great strides the club and Vincent Tan himself has made to reconnect with the fans, although Warnock has obviously played a massive factor with this as well.

JD Sports stock them too. £1 extra.

yes but the club do not then get the profit..which i think is Tontegs point...

I don’t think he has a point. Just likes to moan an let us all know how shit Cardiff City are as a football club.

When you compare life or death situations too having to wait a week or two for a tshirt you need to have a word with yourself.

I can almost guarantee you as well that if we had bought plenty of stock of all the sizes in of the new kit and had some left over at the end of the season he’d be the first person on here to complain about how ridiculous it is that the club are wasting money over stocking shirts.

Some people were just put on this earth to walk around and act like Victor Meldrew

no its not life or death...
its a football messageboard not the emergency services switchboard..where a poster thinks the club have missed out on a bit of a bonanza..
he gives a shit....then enter the meldrews {~correct } to moan their tits off about someone because he cares..

Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:39 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Can you believe they only currently have extra large sizes of the home shirt in stock? If you currently want to order a home shirt in any other size, you’re going to have to wait a few weeks for them to get the other sizes in. Encouraging that so many shirts have been purchased this summer, but the majority of shirts were sold during the kit launch weekend and you would think the club would have ordered a healthy supply of small, medium and large shirts to replenish their stock and not run out once again?

On a positive note, I haven’t bought a shirt since the rebrand, so the fact I’m buying a shirt this season shows the great strides the club and Vincent Tan himself has made to reconnect with the fans, although Warnock has obviously played a massive factor with this as well.

How is the club shop selling out of shirts a shambles surely that means there doing there job well.

I take it you don't run a business then?

Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:43 pm

Slim bastards us City fans :notworthy: :notworthy: :clap:

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:04 pm

Cardiff dyskinesia wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

How is the club shop selling out of shirts a shambles surely that means there doing there job well.

:thumbup:

Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:20 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Slim bastards us City fans :notworthy: :notworthy: :clap:

Welcome back, Nukes! :thumbup:

Hope all good with you? :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:48 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:

What’s running a business got to do with us selling a record amount of shirts.

Or would you of predicted this with your amazing business skills and ordered the exact amount of stock needed and made sure that we wouldn’t of been left with a huge amount of overstock at the end of the season that you couldn’t shift and lost money on?

Because the club could of easily predicted that we would sell a record amount of shirts at the start of the season couldn’t they?

Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:51 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

Or would you of predicted this with your amazing business skills and ordered the exact amount of stock needed and made sure that we wouldn’t of been left with a huge amount of overstock at the end of the season that you couldn’t shift and lost money on?

Because the club could of easily predicted that we would sell a record amount of shirts at the start of the season couldn’t they?

have we sold a record number of shirts.?

Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:57 pm

dogfound wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

For sales at the start of a season yes
That’s why there all gone and poor tonteg has to wait a week luckily the hospitals are well stocked on medication so he won’t die during the wait for delivery :lol:

Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:12 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Sven wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

It's a shambles because it's clearly a distinct lack of planning and organisation on the prediction of future sales.

If you was a patient in a hospital and the department said they don't have your treatment in stock because they have run out, meaning your health and life would be put at risk, would you think that department are doing their job well?

Ross, all a bit harsh there, surely? :?

The club estimated shirt sales (possibly based on previous seasons plus an expected uptake) and bought accordingly. The fans came, they saw, they liked and they bought...early!

Club sells out, orders more to meet increased demand and those who delayed their purchase have to wait a little...

Exciting season ahead for the Bluebirds and people want to show their association. It's not been like that for some years and (all joking about bandwagon jumpers apart) I'm actually happy to see it...

Hopefully, you'll get one before the season starts and all will be good in the world :thumbright: :ayatollah:

I'm not bothered if I get my shirt before the season starts, I'm bothered about how amateurish this is. I doubt any other Premiership club has ever run out of shirts to this extent and let's be honest, this isn't the first time something like this has happened at the club.

I've said how positive it is shirts are selling, but the club clearly haven't planned ahead properly. Early indications showed the kit would be popular before the kit launch weekend. We are now back in the Premiership. There is the feel good factor with promotion and Warnock bringing the club back together. Season ticket sales have gone through the roof. It was pretty obvious we would sell a lot more shirts than previous seasons.

I'm stunned the club haven't played safe and ordered more than enough not to run out. The club could have easily slashed the price of the shirts later in the season to sell off any leftovers. I find it totally incredible to be honest.

Do you still doubt any other premiership club has ever run out to this extent?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:27 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

For sales at the start of a season yes
That’s why there all gone and poor tonteg has to wait a week luckily the hospitals are well stocked on medication so he won’t die during the wait for delivery :lol:

is it a record?
lets be honest, it should be a record by some margin..first prem season in blue and by adidas..
pretty sure if it were a record it would have been announced as the first day sales record was.

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:17 pm

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/20 ... it-launch/

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:37 pm

Leon1927 wrote:https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/2018/june/record-breaking-shirt-sales-on-201819-home-kit-launch/

exactly.. :thumbup:

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:05 pm

dogfound wrote:
Leon1927 wrote:https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/2018/june/record-breaking-shirt-sales-on-201819-home-kit-launch/

exactly.. :thumbup:

So put it all together you dumb f**k :lol:

Record opening day sales... no kits left in stock

Record start of season sales.

Unless you want to go find complete sales records of kits to prove me wrong I’m done here :lol:

Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:17 pm

Sven wrote:

Yeah not doing too bad Chief hope all ok with you mate

Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:11 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
Sven wrote:

All good at the moment, mate. Missing you down our end of the stadium though! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:35 pm

Sven wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Sven wrote:

All good at the moment, mate. Missing you down our end of the stadium though! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Ha ha won’t be going back there mate. Life is better in the Canton

Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:44 pm

Finally received my shirt today, 2 and a half months after ordering. :lol:

Apologies about my 'moan' caring about our club missing out on shirt sales and revenue through lack of planning and disorganisation. :roll:

Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:50 pm

Still not heard anything about little kids sizes either!! Surely Adidas can smash the mini kits out in 3 months?!

Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:02 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Still not heard anything about little kids sizes either!! Surely Adidas can smash the mini kits out in 3 months?!

Hopefully be out soon for an Xmas pressie

Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:09 am

fred keenor wrote:Xl good choice of stock levels for the average size of city support I think :-)

Speak for yourself fatty.