Why I love football less and less every season

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby BlueMoon1974 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:21 am

Look at the Danny Drinkwater case. Chelsea had 35 mill swishing about and just bought for the sake of. They will probably take a 15 mill hit on that and sell him on. This money wastage could come off season ticket prices. Its not Chelsea its most Premier League teams
BlueMoon1974

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Why I love football les and less every season

Postby BlueMoon1974 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:17 pm

BlueMoon1974

Postby Llan_Blue » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:39 pm

Why let that bother you?

Just watch the match.
Llan_Blue

Postby nubbsy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:54 pm

Agree mate. Fans are cash cows.
nubbsy

Re: Why I love football less and less every season

Postby Bananas » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:11 am

BlueMoon1974 wrote:Look at the Danny Drinkwater case. Chelsea had 35 mill swishing about and just bought for the sake of. They will probably take a 15 mill hit on that and sell him on. This money wastage could come off season ticket prices. Its not Chelsea its most Premier League teams

:wave: off you go then butty :wave:
Bananas

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:20 am

BlueMoon1974 wrote:Look at the Danny Drinkwater case. Chelsea had 35 mill swishing about and just bought for the sake of. They will probably take a 15 mill hit on that and sell him on. This money wastage could come off season ticket prices. Its not Chelsea its most Premier League teams

The elephant in the room are player agents. They push through transfers just so they can make money, what is best for the player, supporters, club and football in general is of no consequence.

They are so powerful now that they can make or break clubs. Wolves have been transformed by a super agent but what happens if he spots a better opportunity and dumps them?

Surely when an agent pockets £41m of a £89m transfer (Paul Pogba Juventus to Man Utd) the football authorities have to step in and stop this ridiculous practise which ultimately is paid for by fans either through season tickets or TV subscriptions.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby skiprat » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:17 am

Ye just keep harping on about the 80s/90s. The favourite occupation at games then was the spot the fan competition.for all its ills now football is playing to record breaking crowds.
skiprat

Return to General Chat