Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result of AFC Bournemouth v Cardiff City be?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:30 pm

AFC Bournemouth win
14%
Cardiff City win
44%
Draw
42%

Total votes : 72

Re: MATCH THREAD “ AFC BOURNEMOUTH v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH TH

Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:50 pm

GOnna be a long old season and we need to win our home games for sure as we don’t stand a chance away lols

Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:51 pm

Already reminded of our last dalliance with the EPL - no recognised striker - midfield and back four work their b*lls off all game and we lose 1-0.

Hope I'm wrong but the writing is already been put on the wall against one of the teams we would have been looking to take points from.

:sad7: :sad7: :sad7:

Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:52 pm

blemmy wrote:Already reminded of our last dalliance with the EPL - no recognised striker - midfield and back four work their b*lls off all game and we lose 1-0.

Hope I'm wrong but the writing is already been put on the wall against one of the teams we would have been looking to take points from.

OMG get a grip.

We have had three recognised strikers on the pitch today and Zohore is injured.

First game.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:52 pm

Poor marking again our no5 just watching player score far to much space ;)

Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:54 pm

might support wolves

Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:54 pm

Well that's one of the relegation threatened sides out the way.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:55 pm

Bournemouth finished 10th last year,why do people assume we should be taking points from them,a very dedensive line up today though!onwards and upwards!!

Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:55 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
blemmy wrote:Already reminded of our last dalliance with the EPL - no recognised striker - midfield and back four work their b*lls off all game and we lose 1-0.

OMG get a grip.

First game.

:thumbup: and looking at other teams who will be around bottom they're not fairing better and they are at home. :old:

Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:58 pm

Generally a poor performance I thought. Midfield looked very weak but we have archer to come in.

I don't think Reid is someone who should be play upfront alone. Looked far more effective as number 10.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:00 pm

Not reading through 4 pages of this, as I can’t be arsed.

Played well second half without threatening too much.

Callum Wilson is a dirty b*stard, his stamp on Paterson first half was awful and he attempted another one on Morrison in the same move. How it’s bot been picked up by the commentators on my stream is beyond me. I’m not even convinced it was a penalty either, the contact is minimal and no tackle actual goes in.

First goal comes from Sol not tracking the runner and the second from them picking us off while we attack them. Long way to go but we need to find a cutting edge.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:09 pm

Battling performance -formation tactics not suited to our direct style - Reid as a lone CF seemed to be there to chase down defenders in possession -little more- hard to criticise Neil Warnock with scant resources in a PREMIER league arena- Home game next week -must feed off crowd direct approach with these players - Newcastle have a mix of physical and skill - huge burden on Arter to motivate us from midfield - Zohore Reid Murphy delivering - tough ask week in week out :banghead:

Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:10 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

OMG get a grip.

First game.

:thumbup: and looking at other teams who will be around bottom they're not fairing better and they are at home. :old:

We will lose to Newcastle at home.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:11 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:

OMG get a grip.

First game.

Correct me if I'm wrong and I'm sure you will but first game for Bournemouth too wasn't it?

All you keep calm merchants will still be saying keep calm come next May along with all those people over the years who said their team was too good to go down until it happened.

We saw this scenario last time we were promoted when we lacked the striker we needed with proven EPL track record of scoring 10-12 goals a season. Yes we have some exciting wide men but we only looked a real threat from big defenders at set pieces and how long do you think it will take EPL coaches to nullify that threat? I have made this very same point throughout the summer on this forum and stated money must be ringfenced for a striker - only to be criticised and told to "keep calm" and see what happened in the transfer window and here we are - other than a last minute too late dive to try and get Ings!!

Yes - I agree with your clarifying statement that we did have 3 recognised strikers on the field and yes if Zohore wasn't injured we would have had 4 - but tell me how many of the 4 have done it in the EPL?

I hope I'm wrong but I suggest time will prove me right AGAIN that this will be a very tough and difficult to enjoy season - let's wait and see whose right shall we instead of being critical of other people's opinions - remember without opinions and debate football would be of very little interest.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:12 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

OMG get a grip.

First game.

How can you say that?

Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:24 pm

Let the doom merchants have their say! Seasons already over for them anywaylookjng forward to next week me#always look on the bright side of life. CCFC

Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:28 pm

Dahboy wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

OMG get a grip.

First game.

How can you say that?

Because I just said it. Same as
Last time in the prem we will lose 1-2 imo, that ok with you ?

Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:30 pm

Fulham spent £142 billion and lost as well. Imagine.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:32 pm

142 billion?? You sure ptb? But agree with your point lol

Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:37 pm

I'm happy we made chances, honestly thought we would just sit and take the dick but we actually had a few go's at them. Lots to work on yea, but main thing in the first half we looked off the pace a bit, will take a few games to get that.

Disappointing goals to conceded but they did deserve the win at the end, just ppl not switched on but it will come

Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:40 pm

bluesince62 wrote:142 billion?? You sure ptb? But agree with your point lol

You get the gist of it :lol:

Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:42 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

OMG get a grip.

First game.

How can you say that?

What a complete c@ck!!! :laughing6:

Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:43 pm

Few observations for me:

- Reid looked weak up front, doesn't seem to catch up with the ball unless it's passed to him.
- Mendez-Laing looked like he belonged in the Champ again, not enough effort.
- Murphy had impact straight away, should really be starting I think.

Disappointed obviously but interested to see how the next few games go before we go back to back with big teams. I just think we need more clinical striking and strength up front to make the most of the chances we were throwing in.

:ayatollah:

Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:57 pm

Liles93 wrote:Few observations for me:

- Reid looked weak up front, doesn't seem to catch up with the ball unless it's passed to him.

Disappointed obviously but interested to see how the next few games go before we go back to back with big teams. I just think we need more clinical striking and strength up front to make the most of the chances we were throwing in.

Correct - the point I have been making for some time - my question is where is it going to come from!!?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:05 pm

Bananas wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
Dahboy wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

OMG get a grip.

First game.

How can you say that?

What a complete c@ck!!! :laughing6:

Why because I predicted a score :lol: Bewty.
Last edited by BobbyBlue on Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:05 pm

blemmy wrote:

Correct - the point I have been making for some time - my question is where is it going to come from!!?

Hard to say! Zohore could maybe have done something, but Madine doesn't make for an inspiring replacement up front really. Excited to see Camarasa and Arter playing in the next few weeks at least, think we stand a chance at home v Newcastle!

Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:24 pm

Liles93 wrote:
blemmy wrote:

Hard to say! Zohore could maybe have done something, but Madine doesn't make for an inspiring replacement up front really. Excited to see Camarasa and Arter playing in the next few weeks at least, think we stand a chance at home v Newcastle!

We live in unending hope and optimism!!

:occasion5: :bluescarf: :occasion5:

Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:27 pm

blemmy wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

OMG get a grip.

First game.

Correct me if I'm wrong and I'm sure you will but first game for Bournemouth too wasn't it?

All you keep calm merchants will still be saying keep calm come next May along with all those people over the years who said their team was too good to go down until it happened.

We saw this scenario last time we were promoted when we lacked the striker we needed with proven EPL track record of scoring 10-12 goals a season. Yes we have some exciting wide men but we only looked a real threat from big defenders at set pieces and how long do you think it will take EPL coaches to nullify that threat? I have made this very same point throughout the summer on this forum and stated money must be ringfenced for a striker - only to be criticised and told to "keep calm" and see what happened in the transfer window and here we are - other than a last minute too late dive to try and get Ings!!

Yes - I agree with your clarifying statement that we did have 3 recognised strikers on the field and yes if Zohore wasn't injured we would have had 4 - but tell me how many of the 4 have done it in the EPL?

I hope I'm wrong but I suggest time will prove me right AGAIN that this will be a very tough and difficult to enjoy season - let's wait and see whose right shall we instead of being critical of other people's opinions - remember without opinions and debate football would be of very little interest.

It wasn’t most of the Bournemouth’s team first game in the premier league no.

Your living in a dream world if you think we can actually afford to go out and buy a recognised premier league striker. Would one even come to us

Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:47 pm

blemmy wrote:
Liles93 wrote:
blemmy wrote:

We live in unending hope and optimism!!

:occasion5: :bluescarf: :occasion5:

Ah, to be a Bluebird! :bluescarf: