Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WAGE STRUCTURE STYFLING US?

Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:53 pm

We all know this is the big stumbling block why we are not getting any taker's not just from the big boys, according to mr choo we are not getting any takers after trying to sign loads of players perhaps it will be fed back to vinny but its a bit to late in the day is this naivety? surely not

Re: WAGE STRUCTURE STYFLING US?

Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:05 pm

Maybe a case of that plus players not wanting to come cos we are favorites to go down plus only willing to spend money on players of the right age and attitude plus warnock not having much faith in the foreign market, i am happy with the signings we have made as long as he gets the 2 he's after this week we have given ourselfs a fighting chance on a realistic budget .
The belief that we need to spend vast sums of money to stay up is a nonsense, we are building a club on a sound footing now that will allow the club to grow sensibly.

Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:19 pm

[quote="montyblue"]We all know this is the big stumbling block why we are not getting any taker's not just from the big boys, according to mr choo we are not getting any takers after trying to sign loads of players perhaps it will be fed back to vinny but its a bit to late in the day is this naivety? surely not[/quote

It could be a case of the club jst saying we are being knocked back by players.
We have been primed to go with what we got by NW.
The club needs to be seen to try to pacify the fans.
Easy then to blame faceless players not wanting to come here.
Conspiracy theory number 1.
:dontknow:

Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:28 pm

STREAMFEEDER
iam very happy with who we have signed but it's neil himself that puts it in our heads that he needs x then says we will go with what we got which is confusing we all no that its difficult to attract anyone if we are singled out by pundits as the dead end dead cert to go down but we are not helping ourselves by what i have mentioned wages etc and also perhaps letting it be known we are not spending that sort of money on charlies etc and i feel we have not sold ourselves as somewhere for players to come and join a growing club with ambition neil sometimes does speak straight whether this is a good thing or not is open to interpretation.

Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:56 pm

I wasnt disagreeing with your post, but making the point that there is a lot of reasons why we have signed 4 not 6 players. Whats annoying me and i said pretty much the same thing in another thread yesterday is people seem to be turning on Warnock and the club before we have even kicked a ball in the premier which considering where we were when he took over a relegation threatened team that no one thought was good enough to make the playoffs nevermind go up. I find people astonishing to be honest its all about opinions though :bluescarf:

Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:03 pm

Isn't it time to introduce a fee/ salary scheme like the one they have for pro football in the USA ?

That game was being ruined by a few rich clubs a few years back just like the British version is now and that was all that saved it

Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:02 pm

streamfeeder wrote:Maybe a case of that plus players not wanting to come cos we are favorites to go down plus only willing to spend money on players of the right age and attitude plus warnock not having much faith in the foreign market, i am happy with the signings we have made as long as he gets the 2 he's after this week we have given ourselfs a fighting chance on a realistic budget .
The belief that we need to spend vast sums of money to stay up is a nonsense, we are building a club on a sound footing now that will allow the club to grow sensibly.

Spot On ..The key is to stay up and stay up again. More money will come in from the Premier League and then look at others,

Bourn'th have paid way over for 1 player this seasons compared to when they 1st went up .

As for Wolves and Fulham - They seem to have more money than us to spend.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:29 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
streamfeeder wrote:Maybe a case of that plus players not wanting to come cos we are favorites to go down plus only willing to spend money on players of the right age and attitude plus warnock not having much faith in the foreign market, i am happy with the signings we have made as long as he gets the 2 he's after this week we have given ourselfs a fighting chance on a realistic budget .

Spot On ..The key is to stay up and stay up again. More money will come in from the Premier League and then look at others,

Bourn'th have paid way over for 1 player this seasons compared to when they 1st went up .

As for Wolves and Fulham - They seem to have more money than us to spend.

You get the feeling that all these clubs known it’s easier to stay up now then to try to get promoted. It’s risky. Like to see us debt free, hungry young team, in Neil we must trust. :bluescarf:

Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:38 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:Isn't it time to introduce a fee/ salary scheme like the one they have for pro football in the USA ?

That game was being ruined by a few rich clubs a few years back just like the British version is now and that was all that saved it

I read a really good article in the Daily Mail a couple of weeks ago which revealed that all 20 Premiership teams made a profit last season due to the combined affects of FFP and increased TV revenues.

So slowly the PL seems to be going the right direction, although the FL and specially the Championship still has a lot of work to do.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:51 pm

It's not the wage structure that's stifling us it's the fact we pay £30k/wk when mighty Huddersfield, the nearest to us, pay £60k/wk. All these PL names put forward are dead in the water. Added to that Fulham and Wolves have both spent approx £80m on transfer fees. We need a miracle, Mr Tan.

StT.
<><

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:55 pm

GENERAL CHAT wrote:
montyblue wrote:We all know this is the big stumbling block why we are not getting any taker's not just from the big boys, according to mr choo we are not getting any takers after trying to sign loads of players perhaps it will be fed back to vinny but its a bit to late in the day is this naivety? surely not[/quote

It could be a case of the club jst saying we are being knocked back by players.
We have been primed to go with what we got by NW.
The club needs to be seen to try to pacify the fans.
Easy then to blame faceless players not wanting to come here.
Conspiracy theory number 1.
:dontknow:

brookes was named but we signed players after his move...not sure if others have been named.
its not impossible your theory is correct but id prefer to think we are being told the truth..

Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:07 pm

Stifling. :roll:

Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:23 pm

Tan is a US$ billionaire and can afford players pl wages and big transfer fees, but chooses to be pragmatic after our last effort and wasteful spending in the PL - and who can blame him.

I am hopeful though that we might just see the cheque book and land a couple of players at the death of this window. :thumbup: