Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Marko Grujic “

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:20 am

Marko Grujic 'puts Galatasaray on red alert'

07/08/18

This from the Mirror this morning - is the former Cardiff loan man off to Turkey?

Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic has put Galatasaray on red alert by rejecting a return to Cardiff City.

That is according to reports in Turkey, which say the Istanbul giants are keen on signing the Serbian star. Grujic spent last season on loan with the Bluebirds, helping them to gain promotion to the Premier League. But he has rejected the opportunity to return to South Wales and is not expected to be part of Jurgen Klopp’s plans on Merseyside. Grujic has made just 14 appearances for the Reds since joining from Red Star Belgrade in a £5million deal in January 2016.

Re: “ Marko Grujic “

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:26 am

What a fuss about a player who wasn't that good for us. Far sooner get Woods, Freeman, Arter or Gosling.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:37 am

A non goer unless he signs that new contract, if he does sign then he will come to us!

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:37 am

bluemun wrote:What a fuss about a player who wasn't that good for us. Far sooner get Woods, Freeman, Arter or Gosling.

How much would it cost for all four?? :lol:

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:32 am

bluemun wrote:What a fuss about a player who wasn't that good for us. Far sooner get Woods, Freeman, Arter or Gosling.

Woods a far better player in my opinion. I'm amazed NW isn't banging at Brentford's door

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:47 am

City Slicker wrote:

Woods a far better player in my opinion. I'm amazed NW isn't banging at Brentford's door

Me too Phil !

He is young, proven at Championship level , looks hungry and wouldn’t cost a fortune on fee or wages I would guess as the Jacks were trying to get him and they aren’t exactly flush at the moment

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:59 am

City Slicker wrote:

I think it’s because he’s about a foot and a half too small for Warnock. :lol:

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:00 am

I am another one who can't understand the fuss about Grujic. He was ok for us last season but no better than that. If he wants to play for Liverpool he should have been outstanding for us. Also he went to the World Cup with Serbia and didn't play for a minute. If you can't get in to Sebia's rather pedestrian side you are not getting into Livepools team of international stars. He is deluding himself if he thinks he will get anything other than the odd league cup game for Liverpool.

Would much prefer Ryan Woods. If we get no one in in midfield we are actually going into the new season in the premier with a signicantly worse midfield than last season which will probably be disastrous.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:30 am

I don't think it's hight that's the issue as Warnock signed Bryson last season who was 4ft nothing!! It's more that he's a ball playing CM! We like hard workers who cover a lot of ground!! I guess it's hard to attract good passing CMs when they don't see a lot of the ball! I think Woods would be a brilliant singing but can't see us going in for him!

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:38 am

Nickoblue23 wrote:I don't think it's hight that's the issue as Warnock signed Bryson last season who was 4ft nothing!! It's more that he's a ball playing CM! We like hard workers who cover a lot of ground!! I guess it's hard to attract good passing CMs when they don't see a lot of the ball! I think Woods would be a brilliant singing but can't see us going in for him!

Whoooosh.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:39 am

Agree with you 100%

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:53 am

Crayfish wrote:I am another one who can't understand the fuss about Grujic. He was ok for us last season but no better than that. If he wants to play for Liverpool he should have been outstanding for us. Also he went to the World Cup with Serbia and didn't play for a minute. If you can't get in to Sebia's rather pedestrian side you are not getting into Livepools team of international stars. He is deluding himself if he thinks he will get anything other than the odd league cup game for Liverpool.

Would much prefer Ryan Woods. If we get no one in in midfield we are actually going into the new season in the premier with a signicantly worse midfield than last season which will probably be disastrous.

I agree with everything you've said.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:08 am

I wonder if it was more about the cost to the club than the player.
Known to the club and low cost fitted the budget perfectly.
we are going right to the wire on any transfers, way to close in my opinion

Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:28 pm

f**k me I'm sick of hearing this guys name.

Massively overrated player that has stringed us along and wasted our time. f**k him.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:37 pm

nubbsy wrote:f**k me I'm sick of hearing this guys name.

Massively overrated player that has stringed us along and wasted our time. f**k him.

Agreed, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him here by Thursday night.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:06 pm

To be fair to the lad this stringing us along is probably not his doing,he can't go anywhere if his contract with the scousers isn't sorted.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:54 pm

Crayfish wrote:I am another one who can't understand the fuss about Grujic. He was ok for us last season but no better than that. If he wants to play for Liverpool he should have been outstanding for us. Also he went to the World Cup with Serbia and didn't play for a minute. If you can't get in to Sebia's rather pedestrian side you are not getting into Livepools team of international stars. He is deluding himself if he thinks he will get anything other than the odd league cup game for Liverpool.

Spot on and they’ve been my thoughts for a long time. I said when he was playing for us he’ll never get near Liverpool’s first team especially on a regular basis.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:20 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

To be fair to the lad this stringing us along is probably not his doing,he can't go anywhere if his contract with the scousers isn't sorted.

He's already got 3yrs left it's a new one pool want him to sign? So not sure if contract is problem more likely agent wanting him to move permanently so can get cut of fee? :shock:

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:27 pm

His contract runs out June 2020, so he's got two years left on his contract.
Liverpool are probably concerned that if he had a good season on loan and only one year left on his contract when he returns, his transfer value will be greatly reduced.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:52 pm

Tonight
Crujic he is playing for Liverpool against Torino

Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:03 pm

Grujic is actually one of thirteen substitutes Liverpool have for tonight's game.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:49 pm

Grujic on for the 2nd half replaced Wijnaldum at half time.
Liverpool 2-1 Torino... C'mon Torino

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:56 pm

I am having a hard time understanding how we are so hung up on such a crappy player who was dropped for gunner???

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:38 pm

Bob bank mason wrote:I am having a hard time understanding how we are so hung up on such a crappy player who was dropped for gunner???

Whilst I do I agree that we move on from Grujic now compare the results whilst he was playing with the results, and performances, with Gunnarsson. We played like a different team for 10 or so games and, ultimately, that’s why we went up.

We need to move on but let’s not try to re-write his contribution just because he’s not coming back.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:13 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Bob bank mason wrote:I am having a hard time understanding how we are so hung up on such a crappy player who was dropped for gunner???

Whilst I do I agree that we move on from Grujic now compare the results whilst he was playing with the results, and performances, with Gunnarsson. We played like a different team for 10 or so games and, ultimately, that’s why we went up.

We need to move on but let’s not try to re-write his contribution just because he’s not coming back.

why are you getting all aggressive about it?
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:28 am

Bob bank mason wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Aggressive ?? I've just read and re-read my post and can't see anything remotely aggressive in there :roll:

Merely disagreeing with Grujic being described as a "crappy player" !! It would appear Klopp, Warnock and others may also disagree with your description !!

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:48 am

Bob bank mason wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Aggressive? :laughing5: :laughing5:

You ok there Bob Bank Mason? :binky: :binky:

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:13 am

Right well maybe you wernt being aggressive as you say. But it seemed like you were when I first read it. Just bear that in mind

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:45 am

norms76 wrote:
Bob bank mason wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Aggressive? :laughing5: :laughing5:

You ok there Bob Bank Mason? :binky: :binky:

:laughing6:

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:58 am

Bob bank mason wrote:Right well maybe you wernt being aggressive as you say. But it seemed like you were when I first read it. Just bear that in mind

Bear what in mind ? I wasn't being aggressive and others who've read it seem to agree :roll: :banghead: