Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated: “ Tom Huddlestone linked “

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:45 am

UPDATED

Cardiff City to make late move for Derby County midfielder Tom Huddlestone as Warnock bids to strengthen midfield options
August 7, 2018

Jamie Kemble Cardiff City, Football, Transfer News

Cardiff City will reportedly make a late move to sign Tom Huddlestone before Thursday evening’s deadline.

Neil Warnock is targeting Derby County midfielder Tom Huddlestone in a bid to strengthen his midfield ahead of the Premier League season.

The Bluebirds boss is desperate to improve his midfield after missing out on Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic, who spent last season on loan with the Welsh club.

Huddlestone linked

The Sun claim Tom Huddlestone is the latest potential midfield option for Neil Warnock, having missed out on Marko Grujic and Alfred N’Diaye.

Middlesbrough are also reportedly monitoring the situation, although Derby boss Frank Lampard is believed to be unwilling to lose the midfielder.

Re: Tom Huddlestone linked

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:55 am

Could be a good one for us and would jump at playing in the PL :bluescarf:

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:55 am

Forever Blue wrote:Huddlestone linked

The Sun claim Tom Huddlestone is the latest potential midfield option for Neil Warnock, having missed out on Marko Grujic and Alfred N’Diaye.

Middlesbrough are also reportedly monitoring the situation, although Derby boss Frank Lampard is believed to be unwilling to lose the midfielder.

I said a few months ago that i would take him

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:58 am

Who was it that said he was having a medical when he was pictured in an Asda car park in Cardiff at the beginning of Summer? Long medical if this comes off :lol:

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:59 am

Seems unlikely that they can get over Frank Lampards objections and everything else in such a short time.
Probably more nonsense from the press, but at this stage I'd settle for almost anyone half competent to fill the obvious gaps till January.
I really really hope there are a couple of deals progressing quietly which we don't know about because we can get into a lot of trouble by Christmas if we're lacking in these key positions.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:00 am

Well, he’s tall. :D Doesn’t he family living in Cardiff? I’m sure they’ve got a spare room :laughing6:

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:15 am

Cardiff City to make late move for Derby County midfielder Tom Huddlestone as Warnock bids to strengthen midfield options
August 7, 2018 Jamie Kemble Cardiff City, Football, Transfer News
SHARES
Tweet
Cardiff City will reportedly make a late move to sign Tom Huddlestone before Thursday evening’s deadline.

Neil Warnock is targeting Derby County midfielder Tom Huddlestone in a bid to strengthen his midfield ahead of the Premier League season.

The Bluebirds boss is desperate to improve his midfield after missing out on Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic, who spent last season on loan with the Welsh club.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:24 am

3rd choice option for me.If he'd have lived up to his early career hype he would have been a player we couldn't afford.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:24 am

Needs must at the moment.

I think he is the type of player Warnock referred to as won’t play. Great passer yes but doesn’t have the legs for the style we play, can’t see it working myself.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:41 am

Great passer, Premier League experience but his best days are behind him and I can’t seeing him being a NW type player.

Re: Updated: “ Tom Huddlestone linked “

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:48 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=198715

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:50 am

Forever Blue wrote:UPDATED

August 7, 2018

Jamie Kemble Cardiff City, Football, Transfer News

Huddlestone linked

I started a thread only yesterday on panic buying :lol:

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:53 am

Surely woods would be a cheaper option? Hudds has good experience mind.....

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:56 am

Id Rather Super John McGinn

Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:00 pm

AJ1927 wrote:Id Rather Super John McGinn

He's down at Aston Villa today

Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:02 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:Id Rather Super John McGinn

He's down at Aston Villa today

Fee not agreed...yet...
If We came in hed jump ship quickly.. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:04 pm

AJ1927 wrote:http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=198715

:notworthy: :notworthy:

Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:08 pm

he's 31 cant see it being a huge fee

Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:10 pm

we have a relatively old squad at the moment, would prefer someone younger and fresher but if theres nothing else out there itll have to do.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:24 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
AJ1927 wrote:http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=198715

:notworthy: :notworthy:

:roll:

Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:42 pm

People always find the negative legs gone, to old, wrong side of thirty the guy would be ok for 1 season and its a playmaker we are after not a whippet, or an ankle snapper, as far as i am concerned he is exactly what we need in midfield some that can play that .killer ball

Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:44 pm

montyblue wrote:People always find the negative legs gone, to old, wrong side of thirty the guy would be ok for 1 season and its a playmaker we are after not a whippet, or an ankle snapper, as far as i am concerned he is exactly what we need in midfield some that can play that .killer ball

I agree! Deffo a strengthening signing!

Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:47 pm

montyblue wrote:People always find the negative legs gone, to old, wrong side of thirty the guy would be ok for 1 season and its a playmaker we are after not a whippet, or an ankle snapper, as far as i am concerned he is exactly what we need in midfield some that can play that .killer ball

I don't think we are after a playmaker and don't think it's what we are after or how we played last season. Which follows along the lines of we might have to sign people to make up the numbers. Sorry that's not good enough. May as well keep tomlin.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:57 pm

Yes please a quality player

Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:07 pm

Bryceyblue wrote:

I agree! Deffo a strengthening signing!

Warnock wants a bigger faster stronger Bryson, I'm not sure he fits the bill fully ???

Still, not a lot of choice left we need some players in quick and he will do !!!

Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:10 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:

Who was it that said he was having a medical when he was pictured in an Asda car park in Cardiff at the beginning of Summer? Long medical if this comes off :lol:

Me mate
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:12 pm

This is the type of player we need and I wanted us to sign him the last time we were in the prom but ended up with Gary medel I think Hull signed him for similar money to what we paid for medel they got the better player and stayed in the league he also chipped in with a few goals, got prem experience and would do a great job

Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:22 pm

Derby fans seem happy enough to see him go by reading their comments but all seem to agree he`s a good player. I would take him that`s for sure .... Like the person above, i too remember wishing we`d signed him instead of Medel the last time we got promoted and i`m sure we were linked then too.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:24 pm

Two words... past it.

Looks like we might just have royally fucked it this window and spend the lions share of our budget in the wrong places.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:29 pm

If we are looking for a playmaker and not a whippet we’ve already got one lee tomlin