Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARDIFF FOREIGN SCOUTS ?

Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:51 pm

Who is our foreign scout / scouts it seems we don' t have any, the vast ammount of players on the continent perhaps we should employ one for next season, was gary medel the last purchace from abroad? The majority of premier players are from abroad do we buck the trend or are we out of our depth it just seems we are scratting around ,tom huddlestone is the next port of call in midfield.

Re: CARDIFF FOREIGN SCOUTS ?

Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:00 pm

Definitely wouldn’t have him he can’t get in the derby team

Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:30 pm

manga demour and zahore all signed from europe in current squad i believe.
Agree with comments about Huddlestone mind, not keen on him to be honest would rather spend on a youngster

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:25 pm

streamfeeder wrote:manga demour and zahore all signed from europe in current squad i believe.
Agree with comments about Huddlestone mind, not keen on him to be honest would rather spend on a youngster

been said elsewhere, he is someone id have been over the moon with last time but not now..

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:34 pm

Damour the only player signed from a foreign club since Neil took over I think.

Obviously we do not have any sort of foreign scouting system which is severely limiting our options as far as signings are concerned.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:38 pm

davids wrote:Damour the only player signed from a foreign club since Neil took over I think.

Obviously we do not have any sort of foreign scouting system which is severely limiting our options as far as signings are concerned.

Why is it obvious?

How can you say we don’t have any sort of foreign scouting system when the owner of the club owns another two foreign clubs?

Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:05 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
davids wrote:Damour the only player signed from a foreign club since Neil took over I think.

Why is it obvious?

How can you say we don’t have any sort of foreign scouting system when the owner of the club owns another two foreign clubs?

Well if we do have a foreign scouting system it's hardly been a raging success recently has it? In fact you'd have to ask what the heck they've actually been doing over the last couple of years.

Have we signed or loaned any players from Tan's other teams since NW has been here? If so I must have missed them so Tan owning other clubs is hardly doing us any favours at the moment is it?

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:03 pm

Brighton picking up players as far away as Ecuador.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:07 pm

davids wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

Why is it obvious?

Well if we do have a foreign scouting system it's hardly been a raging success recently has it? In fact you'd have to ask what the heck they've actually been doing over the last couple of years.

Have we signed or loaned any players from Tan's other teams since NW has been here? If so I must have missed them so Tan owning other clubs is hardly doing us any favours at the moment is it?

Only Kenneth Zohore you heard of him?

Fred was recommended by a Tan club as well.

Idriss Saadi?

Ok they got a 3-1 chance of being good but when they get a good one they get a good one.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:09 pm

Neil don’t do foreigners

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:27 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
davids wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

Why is it obvious?

Idriss Saadi?

Ok they got a 3-1 chance of being good but when they get a good one they get a good one.

Ken, Fred and Saadi all arrived before Warnock. The point is that since NW arrived we have only signed Damour from a foreign team - for one reason or another NW does not seem to be interested in looking for young hungry talent in Europe and beyond. Of course it's a gamble but a solid scouting system would at least offer a chance of unearthing a diamond or two.

And let's be honest Fred was a shocking signing and Saadi not much better!

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:31 pm

Trouble is if we signing a few unknown foreigners for a few million each, that's a massive gamble. They will need to adapt to the British lifestyle and adapt to the Premiership which will probably be a step up for them, they may not handle it.

Then you risk losing what brought us to the Premiership in the first place, the leadership in the squad, the togetherness, the team bonding, the correct characters fighting for each other deep in the trenches when we are up against it; and how we are going to need that this season!

Warnock said he isn't going to upset what he's built and if that means he chooses to stick with British based, English speaking players who he knows and trusts to come into our squad and add to what we have not just with their footballing ability, but with what they can contribute off the pitch to help our squad pull together in the same direction in our quest for Premiership survival, that's more than good enough for me.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:36 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Trouble is if we signing a few unknown foreigners for a few million each, that's a massive gamble. They will need to adapt to the British lifestyle and adapt to the Premiership which will probably be a step up for them, they may not handle it.

Then you risk losing what brought us to the Premiership in the first place, the leadership in the squad, the togetherness, the team bonding, the correct characters fighting for each other deep in the trenches when we are up against it; and how we are going to need that this season!

Warnock said he isn't going to upset what he's built and if that means he chooses to stick with British based, English speaking players who he knows and trusts to come into our squad and add to what we have not just with their footballing ability, but with what they can contribute off the pitch to help our squad pull together in the same direction in our quest for Premiership survival, that's more than good enough for me.

Exalt!!

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:51 pm

If you got a good scouting system in place they would'nt be unknown's christ the premier is full of foreign players and managers come to thing of it.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:59 pm

montyblue wrote:If you got a good scouting system in place they would'nt be unknown's christ the premier is full of foreign players and managers come to thing of it.

But we are a new Premiership team with a mass amount of debt. We can't afford to set up several scouting networks across the world and even if we find a Brazilian gem, we will probably get beaten by more established Premiership clubs.

I'm sure if the correct foreign player becomes available, we will go for him. One of Warnock's scouts discovered Drogba previously, it was the same scout who discovered Damour. But our current style has got us this far and Warnock correctly says he won't disrupt what he's created to get us here.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:12 pm

davids wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
davids wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:

Why is it obvious?

Idriss Saadi?

Ken, Fred and Saadi all arrived before Warnock. The point is that since NW arrived we have only signed Damour from a foreign team - for one reason or another NW does not seem to be interested in looking for young hungry talent in Europe and beyond. Of course it's a gamble but a solid scouting system would at least offer a chance of unearthing a diamond or two.

And let's be honest Fred was a shocking signing and Saadi not much better!

No you said we don’t have any sort of foreign scouting system.

My point was that we do have one.

The manager has just chosen to not go down that route. He must have his reasons, he’s been around long enough to know what he’s doing we should just let him get on with it.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:15 am

Should be raiding the French leagues. Cheaper players and easy to adapt to premier league.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:24 am

Ccfc32cardifflondon wrote:Should be raiding the French leagues. Cheaper players and easy to adapt to premier league.

Yeah Bakayoko doing brilliantly at Chelsea.
Djemba-Djemba was good at Utd
Falcao looked world class before moving from the French league failed for two seasons in England and looks class again in France.

That's just to name a few off the top of my head. French league is incredibly hard to adapt from. Especially when you throw in moving to another country. Its obviously more Warnock not wanting to tap that market more than not having the system in place. He got us this far need to trust in his methods otherwise we could end up with OGS Norwegian army again.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:37 pm

I think NW has his own scouts that report to him whatever club he is managing.Damour was definitely one but I dare say not too many pass the Warnock prima-donna test. :lol:

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:59 pm

Was speaking about this to my mate, shocking the lack players we haven't got from Europe or elsewhere.. Brighton picking up Pascal Gross and Kante at Leicester for fees below 6 million.. there are highly talented players that can be the difference for us just need to take a punt.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:31 pm

Do Clubs have scouts who work solely for them these days on the continent?

Cardiff City, like most other Clubs probably have players recommended to them on a daily basis by freelance scouts who work on behalf of any number of Clubs.

It's probably just a case of whatever is out there at the moment is either out of our price league or Warnock doesn't think they would enhance our squad.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:25 am

Don't think NW really delves into the foreign market too often. I could be wrong but I believe Damour is the only player he's signed from a foreign club for us and he was recommended by a friend of Warnock (not by club scouts) and he was on very low wages on his initial contract with us.

Burnley have a very similar transfer policy to us. And you can clearly see NW is trying to emulate them and has said as much several times. The market is a little better on the continent but that's because of the risks involved. We've had success with this new transfer policy and as have Burnley (reaching Europe). So I'm not upset.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:42 pm

Would anyone class Spanish as foreign? I think Neil read this and thought I’ll show em Hahahaha

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:00 pm

Dessy1927 wrote:Would anyone class Spanish as foreign? I think Neil read this and thought I’ll show em Hahahaha

Yep, think his Mrs has let him know!

Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:24 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:
Dessy1927 wrote:Would anyone class Spanish as foreign? I think Neil read this and thought I’ll show em Hahahaha

Yep, think his Mrs has let him know!

She’s a good egg aye