Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: You don't know who your talking to..

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:34 pm

I think you can always have a fair debate without being rude or insulting anyone, when arguing with someone I always try to make fair points and say the truth, never insulting them whether I know them personally or not.

I lose respect for people as soon as they insult me when I have done nothing of the sort towards them.

There's always a place for a bit of light hearted banter but agree with others on this post that theres is no reason for any abuse especially when you dont know who you are talking to, I think 95% of the users come on here for Cardiff news, discussion and even to just talk to others about anything in general.

Sometimes I look through threads about us being linked with a player or about us not signing anyone even and they just turn into personal arguments about how negative that certain poster is about something or how about this guy has a stupid belief about who Warnock is or isn't signing, it gets old seeing that and I love coming on this forum and seeing debate, everyone has a right to have their own opinion and argue a debate with someone just please dont do it by insulting them or calling them names etc, its not fair in my opinion.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:42 pm

Totally agree with the OP RV.

In fairness ot the site it is a lot better than it was say 2 years ago. i have my reasons why that is so i'll give the credit to the admin team for that.

The real test is going to come very soon when we start to struggle and we are going to.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:47 pm

Football violence is regularly posted on here videos of it kicking right off, bet the kids love that :lol:

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:52 pm

The forum has calmed right down from 7/8 years ago, used to go right off, miss the old days :lol:

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:07 pm

So are we not allowed to talk bad about the players or manager now since they read the board?

We dont want to hurt there feelings.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:24 pm

Always try to avoid posting anything that I would not say to somebody face to face.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:26 pm

soldierblue1880 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:What has happened to this Forum lately?

When you tell someone to f**k off you could be talking to a child.

When you tell someone they shouldn't support Cardiff you could be talking to an elderly widowed fan whos use of the board is one of his only social openings.

When you tell someone their thick and their opinion counts for nothing you could be talking to someone who is dyslexic and suffers from confidence issues.

When you abuse people you could be talking to a woman, worse still a young woman.

Annis daughter follows football and loads of youngsters post on this board.

It's time to stop the abuse and respect each others opinions and I include myself in that.

Well said 100% in agreement with you,also you will find it's the same people on here who spout verbal bullying and yet the moderators do nothing

You don't know the Moderators "do nothing", as you're not (to my knowledge at least) one of them! :roll:

My opinion on trolling and profanity on this Forum is well known and I have been both supported (mainly) and slated (occasionally) for holding them; but one thing we don't do is broadcast every time we do 'do something'

Try not to assume; it just makes you look even less informed than you already are! ;) :thumbright:

PS: Agree with the comments from the OP :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:25 pm

The initial post is an excellent one and makes good points.
I'm very new to it of course, but I must say that so far I haven't seen anything too bad compared to other forums.

I'd say that it's a great forum and very well run indeed. Given that the subject is football , everyone seems pretty polite to be fair. I could say with some confidence that fans of both Norwich and Hull City would be a lot more nasty to others and, given that I haven't watched Cardiff at home for many years, I'm prompted to say that this is one area of life which has actually improved in recent times.

On the whole then, well done Cardiff fans who are generally a lot nicer and knowledgeable than they used to be if this forum is any measure.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:10 am

When you tell someone they shouldn't support Cardiff you could be talking to an elderly widowed fan whos use of the board is one of his only social openings.

When you tell someone their thick and their opinion counts for nothing you could be talking to someone who is dyslexic and suffers from confidence issues.

When you abuse people you could be talking to a woman, worse still a young woman.

It's time to stop the abuse and respect each others opinions and I include myself in that.

What a fukin stupid thread. :lol:

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:46 am

Gringo22 wrote:I agree, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just wish people weren't so negative about the prospect of staying up this season. Its gunna be tough but let's get behind our team. BLUEBIRDS!!!

Why?
Like you said it’s their opinion and why can’t they say it/debate? Just because it’s different to yours and not everybody on here wears those blue tinted glasses that some wear constantly.
For what you may see as negative other people may see as being realistic.
I love Warnock and all he’s done but all this - you can’t criticise ‘Sir Neil’ bolocks gets right on my nerves.

PS .. I don’t include the clown that is Keano in that
:lol:

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:51 am

Sven wrote:
soldierblue1880 wrote:

Well said 100% in agreement with you,also you will find it's the same people on here who spout verbal bullying and yet the moderators do nothing

You don't know the Moderators "do nothing", as you're not (to my knowledge at least) one of them! :roll:

My opinion on trolling and profanity on this Forum is well known and I have been both supported (mainly) and slated (occasionally) for holding them; but one thing we don't do is broadcast every time we do 'do something'

Try not to assume; it just makes you look even less informed than you already are! ;) :thumbright:

I suppose it is the nature of the beast in having an anonymous forum Sven, it gives the weak a platform.

I'm almost certain if you had to put your name on here 99% of them would disapear.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:01 am

t's time to stop the abuse and respect each others opinions and I include myself in that.

Four cough - :laughing6:

Good post we should :thumbup: (unless it's Roathy or Barnett)

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:03 am

Or you could join the Cardiff and Swansea banter page and rip the Jacks all day they deserve it haha

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:14 am

Sven wrote:
soldierblue1880 wrote:

I remember someone said something bang out of order and myself and other posters we're a bit pissed off.
Sven sent me a private message saying he'd sorted the particular post/person...
Seems well run to me :?

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:02 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Sven wrote:
soldierblue1880 wrote:

I remember someone said something bang out of order and myself and other posters we're a bit pissed off.

CaerphillyBluebird15, do you remember the time a poster (Ross something) was called English? The conversation was getting a little bit heated to say the least. Eventually Ross replied that although he lived in England, he was Welsh and represented Wales in body building and would be willing to meet up on match day to discuss any issues. The unnamed poster went a bit quiet. :lol:

Were you the other poster, along with myself, who found it quite funny and jokingly commented?

Either way, a great example of the OP. :thumbup:

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:08 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Spot on Steve and Well Said :thumbright:

First your right, there is no need for name calling and swearing at each and many younger City fans donread this forum :thumbright:

Secondly I have always said the minute you swear or call a name the minute you’ve lost the debate :thumbright:

Fekk off.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:17 am

103 Barmy Army wrote:
Sven wrote:
soldierblue1880 wrote:

CaerphillyBluebird15, do you remember the time a poster (Ross something) was called English? The conversation was getting a little bit heated to say the least. Eventually Ross replied that although he lived in England, he was Welsh and represented Wales in body building and would be willing to meet up on match day to discuss any issues. The unnamed poster went a bit quiet. :lol:

Were you the other poster, along with myself, who found it quite funny and jokingly commented?

I think it was me mate! Ross had some stick that day but as you said, the bloke run away sucking his thumb :laughing6:

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:38 am

Yea keep it clean guys ,start effing and blnding when we ve lost 6 on the trot

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:45 am

103 Barmy Army wrote:
Sven wrote:
soldierblue1880 wrote:

I think it was me mate! Ross had some stick that day but as you said, the bloke run away sucking his thumb :laughing6:

:lol:

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:52 am

Agree with the OP, great post :thumbright:

Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:28 am

It is hard to argue with the OP but what happens when someone posts something which factually correct?

Recently I had a spat with TLG and he said I was a "fat ugly f**ker"

Well I'm fat, ugly and I'm not a virgin ;) So it was hard to state he was wrong.

The point is if someone going to 'insult' someone then they must be able to back it up. For example a slur that someone is 'stupid' has to be backed by factual evidence.

Otherwise the slur posted mean nothing and generally it is a sign one side losing the argument.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:11 pm

At the end of the dayit doesn't matter who your speaking with just be respectful, its not that hard.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:11 pm

2blue2handle wrote:At the end of the dayit doesn't matter who your speaking with just be respectful, its not that hard.

i know who you are so i feel comfortable disrespecting you :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:16 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:At the end of the dayit doesn't matter who your speaking with just be respectful, its not that hard.

i know who you are so i feel comfortable disrespecting you :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:old: :old: :lol:

oh and of course Roathy was the exception

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:21 pm

I completely agree with you mate, but I also find you a bit hypocritical.

The other day when I was talking about my frustrations with getting shut down by betting sites, you said I sounded like a tw*t?

At no point in that thread was I trying to get money off people. Instead, I was trying to help other City fans by offering them a free way to earn a good bit of extra cash. I'm a season ticket holder down the City and my face is all over the internet. I've also been a poster here for years. Do you really think I'd have the balls to rip people off when I might bump into them on a Saturday afternoon???

I love this place, but it feels like no matter what you post, at least someone will respond with some negativity and on that occasion you were the first person to jump down my throat. It spoils the Forum.

On a positive note, this Forum is lightyears better than the other board. Much more grown up. Annis has done a great job building it. Everyone is so angry on the other board. Every thread turns into a bitchfest.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:24 pm

12thMan wrote:

The other day when I was talking about my frustrations with getting shut down by betting sites, you said I sounded like a tw*t?

At no point in that thread was I trying to get money off people. Instead, I was trying to help other City fans by offering them a free way to earn a good bit of extra cash. I'm a season ticket holder down the City and my face is all over the internet. I've also been a poster here for years. Do you really think I'd have the balls to rip people off when I might bump into them on a Saturday afternoon???

I love this place, but it feels like no matter what you post, at least someone will respond with some negativity and on that occasion you were the first person to jump down my throat. It spoils the Forum.

:happy1:

Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:23 pm

12thMan wrote:

On a positive note, this Forum is lightyears better than the other board. Much more grown up. Annis has done a great job building it. Everyone is so angry on the other board. Every thread turns into a bitchfest.

Read my post again mate, I said I include myself in that. I am no angel, I hold my hands up and apologise.