Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Matej Vydra

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:41 pm

Has signed for Burnley on a 3yr deal.

I for one was saying we should sign him on here, many where saying he’s crap, Sean Dyche has obviously seen something in him, so why couldn’t we take a punt, like
I have said before surely better than what we got.

Re: Matej Vydra

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:50 pm

I was one of the few who wanted him here but just hope we can get someone else who can do the job before Thursday deadline.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:52 pm

Would have liked him at City. Yet another striker that has escaped the clutches of City. 98% of strikers seemed to have been signed up but unfortunately none by us!

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:59 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Would have liked him at City. Yet another striker that has escaped the clutches of City. 98% of strikers seemed to have been signed up but unfortunately none by us!

Bobby Reid!?

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:15 pm

Bobby Reid is playing number 10.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:19 pm

Not sure Vydra would handle playing up front on his own against Premiership defenders. He isn't the right type of striker for us in my opinion. He could do decent for Burnley alongside a Vokes or Barnes to handle the physical side for him so he can play his natural game on the shoulder of the last defender though.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:24 pm

Ashley Barnes may be able to leave now

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:39 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Would have liked him at City. Yet another striker that has escaped the clutches of City. 98% of strikers seemed to have been signed up but unfortunately none by us!

Bobby Reid!?

An out and out striker! Expect Reid to play just behind Zahore. You can name a dozen strikers that could have done a job for City but it seems that we do not want to pay the fee, wages or both.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:43 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Not sure Vydra would handle playing up front on his own against Premiership defenders. He isn't the right type of striker for us in my opinion. He could do decent for Burnley alongside a Vokes or Barnes to handle the physical side for him so he can play his natural game on the shoulder of the last defender though.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:43 pm

Dyche was also in for crouch for £500,000 he must have seen something in him also

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:44 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Not sure Vydra would handle playing up front on his own against Premiership defenders. He isn't the right type of striker for us in my opinion. He could do decent for Burnley alongside a Vokes or Barnes to handle the physical side for him so he can play his natural game on the shoulder of the last defender though.

So we are a one plan team this season then ? No plan be just 1 up front launch it up to the big man job.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:49 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:

So we are a one plan team this season then ? No plan be just 1 up front launch it up to the big man job.

We are a newly promoted team and it's natural we are going to sacrifice a striker by putting an extra man in midfield to cope with playing superior teams for most games. It will be a massive help if our one striker is powerful, mobile and able to hold the ball up to give the rest of the team a breather and get up the pitch. Vydra isn't the type of striker who can do that in my opinion.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:03 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

We are a newly promoted team and it's natural we are going to sacrifice a striker by putting an extra man in midfield to cope with playing superior teams for most games. It will be a massive help if our one striker is powerful, mobile and able to hold the ball up to give the rest of the team a breather and get up the pitch. Vydra isn't the type of striker who can do that in my opinion.

Agree we need to long midfield just a shame
We got one game plan shouldn’t take teams long to suss us out.