Should the Burka be banned ?

You may select 1 option

View results

Ban the Burka yes or no ?

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:03 pm

In light of the Boris Johnson remarks

Re: Ban the Burka yes or no ?

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:05 pm

Safety reasons for me. Driving crossing the road etc.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:13 pm

Don't mind them wearing just the over head ones but when is coving all of the faces it dangerous

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:16 pm

I'm not a racist, but bumping into anyone with their face covered down a dark alley, whether that's a burka, balaclava or something else covering the individuals face, puts you on edge and makes you feel more unsafe. The banning of the burka will stop these people from being able to hide their identities and in my opinion, help make our country feel a little safer. So it's a yes from me.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:17 pm

No, ban Boris!

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:19 pm

bluemun wrote:No, ban Boris!

Here we go.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:20 pm

Definitely. It's about time somebody made a stand. Could our wives or girlfriends go to their country and wear a bikini? Would they let us open a Catholic church in their countries? They want to live in the UK then live like us

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:20 pm

Yes.
Hiding your identity in public isn’t acceptable in our culture.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:21 pm

We ban hoodies at airports and shopping centres so yes ban it

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:36 pm

I find its used as a protest and a statment that we are not part of western society it is not compulsory to wear it Personally i find it insulting for the reason I have mentioned just the same as alot in that community find a white western girl wearing a short skirt offensive , apart from all the taxi drivers from the same community checking out the skirts on a saturday night, i find they have no release in there communities its just prayers and that's it no footie no pub get togethers nit even a coffee in a pub

Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:47 pm

The whole concept is medieval. Nothing like religion to cling on to customs and practices that really have no place in modern times

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:12 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:The whole concept is medieval. Nothing like religion to cling on to customs and practices that really have no place in modern times

Agree with this and also point to the hypocrisy of the men (in that religion) who want to 'hide' their women but wear 'western' clothing themselves...

I may be wrong but it all smacks of 'control' and 'possession' to me! :(

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:16 pm

We should be careful with this topic

An elderly widowed burka wearer could be reading this

Or a child in a burka

Or somebody who has low confidence wearing there burka out in public

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:27 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:We should be careful with this topic

Or a child in a burka

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :laughing6: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:38 pm

Should be banned under safety,don’t fit into Western culture
As a deaf person working in a shop it’s hell trying to understand a woman talking as I can’t lip read them.
They then get offensive when I sayI can’t help you

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:48 pm

bluebirdrob wrote:Should be banned under safety,don’t fit into Western culture
As a deaf person working in a shop it’s hell trying to understand a woman talking as I can’t lip read them.

How can you tell they get offensive?

Serious question.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:53 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
bluebirdrob wrote:Should be banned under safety,don’t fit into Western culture

How can you tell they get offensive?

Serious question.

:lol: :lol:

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:35 pm

It’s all to do with the neurons in his brain, and it’s various centres for thought process.

It’s a bit of a tale tho’.

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:55 pm

Some of you might find it funny being deaf but I can understand someone shouting waving their hands aggressively.
Hope you never suffer any disabilities in the future.
Trying to survive from Bowel Cancer and being hard of hearing is no joke.
But maybe you can find one.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:13 am

bluebirdrob wrote:Some of you might find it funny being deaf but I can understand someone shouting waving their hands aggressively.

I wasn’t joking it was a serious question.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:22 am

rumpo kid wrote:It’s all to do with the neurons in his brain, and it’s various centres for thought process.

It’s a bit of a tale tho’.

Yeah but there completely covered up you can’t see them.

Why has everybody completely missed that fact all of a sudden.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:47 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
bluebirdrob wrote:Some of you might find it funny being deaf but I can understand someone shouting waving their hands aggressively.

I wasn’t joking it was a serious question.

The last part of his first sentence probably answers your question "but I can understand someone shouting waving their hands aggressively."

Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:52 am

Or a child in a burka

Haha. Brilliant absolutely brilliant.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:50 am

Yes ,no where in the quran does it say a women should be totally covered all it says us a women should be modest ,look at pictures from 30 years ago in muslim countries no one was wearing them its a hardline fairly recent new thing ,

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:25 am

Or a child in a burka

:lol:
Brilliant!

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:47 am

No messing about get rid of it. If they don't like it ruff crap Britain been full of do good people for far to long.
DoesnDoesn't make me feel safe walking down the road sorry.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:05 am

The French have banned it, (I think), haven't the Danes banned it to, well said Boris. At least he has the guts to say it, and not tippy tap round the issue. If the Muslims find it offensive that is their problem, if they want to live in a Western country adapt to the Western culture. If we went to a Muslim country and started being offended by their culture would they take any notice of us, I doubt it they wouldn't give a toss.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:09 am

Brother refused to serve a woman with one on when working in post office as the chap in front of her had to take his motorcycle helmet off to verify his identity....................................

Complaint made of racial grounds...........

No longer works for post office :roll:

I am not racist but things must be wearing thin with lots of folk as it always seems that everything is geared to " oh we mustn't upset any ethnic minorities"
Newsnight, had the editor of 'Conservative Woman' on last night and she hit nail on head when she listened to the ex Tory now Labour Muslim woman from Wales and said " well everything is a phobia these days as soon as press reports something someone will complain it affects them" :clap:

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:20 am

pontyclunblue wrote:The French have banned it, (I think), haven't the Danes banned it to, well said Boris. At least he has the guts to say it, and not tippy tap round the issue. If the Muslims find it offensive that is their problem, if they want to live in a Western country adapt to the Western culture. If we went to a Muslim country and started being offended by their culture would they take any notice of us, I doubt it they wouldn't give a toss.

Boris is a complete buffoon. Just because he says what you want to hear doesn't make him right.I agree theres no place for burka's in our society because in my view as well as not being able identify a person it gives strength to the misogynistic element in Islam.Stupid Boris though has only given strength to their view by saying what he said in the way he said it and even the PM is calling for him to apologise.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:23 am

Boris for prime minister!!!!