Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Striker!

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:25 pm

Everyone going crazy over midfielders which is fair enough, but i will be more concerned if we dont sign a striker because without one we will struggle big time, we aint got nobody clinical enough to put the ball in the net and teams who havent had one of them have always gone down.

Re: Striker!

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:28 pm

Wh0 do you suggest ?

Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:30 pm

Would we have allowed Bogle to leave if there wasn’t a striker coming in?

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:34 am

KBK-13 wrote:Would we have allowed Bogle to leave if there wasn’t a striker coming in?

Good point hopefully thats true

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:39 am

NIBluebird wrote:Wh0 do you suggest ?

Jay rodriguez
Ings on loan
An unknown from abroad
Negredo
Andre gray
Kodija
Assambologo

Surely someone out there, be fair we have had plenty of time to get one, hopefully warnock has been waiting till the end of the deadline to get the best deal and best player

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:02 am

Not counting on City bringing in a striker however do need one and an obvious one available is Slimani at Leicester who want 18m for a permanent deal however they did leave him out of loan last season at Newcastle.

Just a few of the strikers that we have missed out on: Ahmed Mousa, Dwight Gayle, Salomon Rondon, Matej Vydra, Yoshinoni Muto, Patrick Bamford, Stuart Armstrong, Benin Afobe.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:06 am

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:Wh0 do you suggest ?

Jay rodriguez
Ings on loan
An unknown from abroad
Negredo
Andre gray
Kodija
Assambologo

Surely someone out there, be fair we have had plenty of time to get one, hopefully warnock has been waiting till the end of the deadline to get the best deal and best player

Top two and Gray would be good

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:34 am

We need a striker but midfielder has to be the priority, we have a number of players who can play upfront, of course we don't know if they are up to it yet but we have options.

Midfield we have Ralls and then Demour and Gunners. We have to bring in two midfielders at least.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:38 am

2blue2handle wrote:Midfield we have Ralls and then Demour and Gunners. We have to bring in two midfielders at least.

Ralls, then Gunners and Demout :thumbup: :laughing6:

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:41 am

Is everyone forgetting Reid can play up front and knows where the goal is just depends on the kind of midfielders we can bring in

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:46 am

Jonny88 wrote:Is everyone forgetting Reid can play up front and knows where the goal is just depends on the kind of midfielders we can bring in

I think we'll see muphy upfront at some point as well

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:15 am

KBK-13 wrote:Would we have allowed Bogle to leave if there wasn’t a striker coming in?

yes...we let him go on loan last season..

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:27 pm

Jonny88 wrote:Is everyone forgetting Reid can play up front and knows where the goal is just depends on the kind of midfielders we can bring in

I agree i think reid could be our best option

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:53 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:

I agree i think reid could be our best option

Probably looking for a target man similar to Zohore.