(3 spaces left)

Current Players we need to sell or loan out, OR may play a part

Stuart O'Keefe
Rhys Healey
Lee Tomlin
Kadeem Harris
Anthony Pilkington
Lee Camp

Considering we don't want to waste money on another fringe player out a panic buy, I would focus on ONE Defensive or box to box / central Midfield player purchase right now, and then fill the last 2 slots up with Rhys Healey & Kadeem Harris.

IF we commit to the premier league with those 2 players & purchase just one more midfielders to make the 25 squad, that leaves us with

O'Keefe
Lee Tomlin
Anthony Pilkington
Lee Camp

Just 4 players we need to ship out on loan/transfer. TO be honest, we might even be able to keep 1 of these because I don't know how it works with younger players. I'm not sure if some players like Josh Murphy or Rhys Healey count as any of our #25 squad because they are 23 or younger? If someone could clairfy that would be appreciated.

But generally I think our squad is healthy, just need to buy or loan a midfielder and we're sorted.

Re: Cardiff 25 man Squad

Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:12 pm

Savigma wrote:1: Neil Etheridge
2: Alex Smithies
3: Brian Murphy

4: Lee Peltier
5: Joe Bennett
6: Jazz Richards
7: Greg Cunningham

8: Sean Morrison
9: Sol Bamba
10: Bruno Ecuele Manga
11: Matthew Connolly

12: Joe Ralls
13: Aron Gunnarsson
14: Loic Damour

15: Josh Murphy
16: Junior Hoilett
17: Nathaniel Mendez-Laing
18: Bobby Reid
19: Callum Patterson

20: Kenneth Zohore
21: Gary Madine
22: Danny Ward

(3 spaces left)

Current Players we need to sell or loan out, OR may play a part

Stuart O'Keefe
Rhys Healey
Lee Tomlin
Kadeem Harris
Anthony Pilkington
Lee Camp

Considering we don't want to waste money on another fringe player out a panic buy, I would focus on ONE Defensive or box to box / central Midfield player purchase right now, and then fill the last 2 slots up with Rhys Healey & Kadeem Harris.

IF we commit to the premier league with those 2 players & purchase just one more midfielders to make the 25 squad, that leaves us with

O'Keefe
Lee Tomlin
Anthony Pilkington
Lee Camp

Just 4 players we need to ship out on loan/transfer. TO be honest, we might even be able to keep 1 of these because I don't know how it works with younger players. I'm not sure if some players like Josh Murphy or Rhys Healey count as any of our #25 squad because they are 23 or younger? If someone could clairfy that would be appreciated.

But generally I think our squad is healthy, just need to buy or loan a midfielder and we're sorted.

players that do not count for 25 man squad purposes have to be under 21 years old on the 1st of january 2018...

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:58 am

Harris will deffo be in it. If possible we need to sign two midfielders in the time left. If we can’t do that then At least one must come in and I think we may have to keep hold of Tomlin as we stupidly short of midfield options. Think Waite could step up for a few games with injuries if needed but we are still short compared to last year in that area.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:10 am

Of all the City players there are 8 that I consider should be sold/loaned out. I expect at least 4 of those 8 will make the squad however don’t consider them to be Premier League standard.

The way it is looking in midfield would have to keep Lee Tomlin at this time.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:14 am

we can bring in two loan players so should be looking to do this.

Camp and Bogle going on loan is good.

need to get rid of o keefe, tomlin and pilks now.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:07 am

paulh_85 wrote:we can bring in two loan players so should be looking to do this.

Camp and Bogle going on loan is good.

need to get rid of o keefe, tomlin and pilks now.

i think there will be quite a few players available to loan as other clubs firm up their squads and possibly do late deals..

we do have three weeks to get shot of Tomlin ,pilkks etc..

Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:44 pm

Harris’s and the two in today and that’s your 25. 4 players that need to go out on loan Pilkington, Tomlin, O’Keefe and Healey.

Hope Healey can get a chance in the championship as he deserves it maybe at Bolton him and McGennis up front would be a good combination for them IMO. Tomlin and Pilks waves could be a problem we will probably end paying a big % of them even if they go out.