Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I hope we won’t be on the end of

Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:57 pm

Bad refereeing decisions this season. Last season felt like a joke at times. It felt like everything was against us including many decisions and you would end the match thinking- how did they get away with this or that?

Many teams were quite dirty against us and would niggle away and rash tackles etc. Ironically it was other clubs fans who said we played underhand and dirty but to be honest I rarely saw us like that all season...yes a few occasions but nothing like the teams playing against us. And when something did happen it was like everyone made such a big deal about it for example Joe Bennetts tackle in the cup (yes it was bad but it’s not the first one that ever happened). I mean look what we achieved with all that awful decisions going against us last year too.

I’m hoping this year in the premier league it will be much fairer and the standard of referr8ng will be better. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with all the championship refs but so many times I remember being left thinking .....we’ve been mugged here!

Re: I hope we won’t be on the end of

Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:48 pm

I totally agree about referees but I can't see it changing much this year either. We were told by many managers last season that we were over physical, particularly when we had beaten them, but when you look at the stats you find that there were many sides who committed more fouls than we did. You only have to look at the number of times Morrison was hauled to the ground on corners which referees totally ignored. We were not a dirty side but we were strong in tackles which players like Grealish who tried to make out he had been kicked when in fact he had barely touched at all.Sadly I can see a lot more of the prima donnas in the premier will be diving all over the place trying to get players sent off because of the reputation we had last season,

Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:12 pm

Last time we were in the Premier League we had some truly shocking decisions go against us.

Both Gerrard and Rooney should have had red cards at the CCS.

Liverpool scored from a corner when we had two players waiting to come back on the pitch after being injured.

Eto'o kicked the ball away from Marshall at Chelsea and the goal was allowed when it shouldn't have stood.

Skrtel spent the whole game at Anfield wrestling Caulker to the ground at corners and we got nothing.

At Sunderland away Cala was sent off and they had a penalty after the ref played advantage for about a minute and when they didn't score, he then gave the pen and sent Cala off.

And that's just off the top of my head!

It's probably going to be worse this season when you consider our manager's reputation and criticism of refs in the past.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:07 pm

If my memory serves me right Mendez and Paterson received quite a few strong fouls.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:30 pm

davids wrote:Last time we were in the Premier League we had some truly shocking decisions go against us.

Liverpool scored from a corner when we had two players waiting to come back on the pitch after being injured.

Eto'o kicked the ball away from Marshall at Chelsea and the goal was allowed when it shouldn't have stood.

Skrtel spent the whole game at Anfield wrestling Caulker to the ground at corners and we got nothing.

At Sunderland away Cala was sent off and they had a penalty after the ref played advantage for about a minute and when they didn't score, he then gave the pen and sent Cala off.

It's probably going to be worse this season when you consider our manager's reputation and criticism of refs in the past.

I think Suarez May have had a nibble (not in his infamous way) at Caulker for one of their goals at CCS? :roll:

Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:52 pm

davids wrote:Last time we were in the Premier League we had some truly shocking decisions go against us.

Agreed

Our Fault

I put it down to rub of the green. Fer's goal at Norwich technically should have stood

Seemed the way back then. There does seem to be some clamping down on it now

The rules have changed since that incident meaning he now wouldn't have been sent off