Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ampadu

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:12 pm

As a Welshman and a bluebird I would love it if we tried to get Ampadu on loan. Good reports about his performance for Chelsea last night. It would be great for Wales to have him playing regular premiership football. He can play as a defensive midfielder and a centre back. For the Premiership, when we’ll be chasing shadows most of the time, we’ll need good defensive midfielders. Anyone else agree?

Re: Ampadu

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:30 pm

Swansea City Bluebird wrote:As a Welshman and a bluebird I would love it if we tried to get Ampadu on loan. Good reports about his performance for Chelsea last night. It would be great for Wales to have him playing regular premiership football. He can play as a defensive midfielder and a centre back. For the Premiership, when we’ll be chasing shadows most of the time, we’ll need good defensive midfielders. Anyone else agree?

I'm more anxious that he gets a senior cap for Wales and quickly. Does anyone know if the Nations league games count as full internationals.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:30 pm

Agree looks class... Chelsea playing a fair bit so can't see it happening

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:39 pm

Really hope he gets a senior cap for wales soon, gonna be a star in a couple of years and wouldn’t be surprised if he makes Chelsea’s starting 11 this year

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:41 pm

Swansea City Bluebird wrote:As a Welshman and a bluebird I would love it if we tried to get Ampadu on loan. Good reports about his performance for Chelsea last night. It would be great for Wales to have him playing regular premiership football. He can play as a defensive midfielder and a centre back. For the Premiership, when we’ll be chasing shadows most of the time, we’ll need good defensive midfielders. Anyone else agree?

It would be nice to have him playing for us but he’s going to be playing games for Chelsea this season

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:45 pm

epping blue wrote:

I'm more anxious that he gets a senior cap for Wales and quickly. Does anyone know if the Nations league games count as full internationals.

competitive games so dont see why they shouldnt..

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:50 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised if he played a full season under chelsea this season... he’s been playing a lot in the first team so think he’ll break through

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:41 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:I wouldn’t be surprised if he played a full season under chelsea this season... he’s been playing a lot in the first team so think he’ll break through

I'm not sure about that to be honest mate, he's been in and amongst the first team this pre-season granted but so has Tammy Abraham and I doubt he will break through either.

He's still only 17 and a potential talent granted but he never made the Charity Shield Squad, I think Chelsea will keep him this season he will play half a dozen games in the cups then they will look to loan him out when he is 18 or 19.

I'm not saying that's right by the way, I have always believed if your good enough your old enough, but apart from Rooney I can't think of the last time we had a 17/18 year old playing week in week out in the Premiership, even the Championship? Clubs just don't seem to do it anymore for whatever reason.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:27 pm

Didnt he get his cap against panama last year

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:36 pm

Wales also need to be pushing him to the first team ash williams is f...ed wish Bellamy was wales manager he might have persuaded cheasea to let him come to cardiff good for us good for the country

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:52 am

bentheblue wrote:Didnt he get his cap against panama last year

As Panama and France were both friendlies, they don't count, unfortunately... so England could still turn his head, but I've been told by is auntie that he is fully committed to Wales :thumbright:

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:47 am

RV Casual wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:I wouldn’t be surprised if he played a full season under chelsea this season... he’s been playing a lot in the first team so think he’ll break through

I'm not sure about that to be honest mate, he's been in and amongst the first team this pre-season granted but so has Tammy Abraham and I doubt he will break through either.

He's still only 17 and a potential talent granted but he never made the Charity Shield Squad, I think Chelsea will keep him this season he will play half a dozen games in the cups then they will look to loan him out when he is 18 or 19.

I'm not saying that's right by the way, I have always believed if your good enough your old enough, but apart from Rooney I can't think of the last time we had a 17/18 year old playing week in week out in the Premiership, even the Championship? Clubs just don't seem to do it anymore for whatever reason.

Sessegnon at Fulham the only one jumping out to me.