Neil has a day out in London wearing his tracksuit

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:41 pm

He looks quite relaxed...

4EEF867B00000578-6040133-image-a-164_1533743313921.jpg

Premier League managers of teams in south gathered in London on Wednesday
Annual meeting is to inform top-flight bosses of rule changes for season ahead

By ADAM SHERGOLD FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 16:50, 8 August 2018 | UPDATED: 18:54, 8 August 2018

In a moment Chelsea fans won't hope is a bad omen for the season ahead, their manager Maurzio Sarri had some difficulty getting out of a car as he attended the annual southern Premier League managers' meeting on Wednesday.

Poor Sarri somehow managed to get his foot stuck as he climbed out of his vehicle, apparently causing amusement for the photographers who captured the moment, and he'll hope his team show more poise when the season starts.

The Italian was one of the newcomers at the eve-of-season conference at the Premier League's headquarters in London along with new Arsenal boss Unai Emery.

Among the other top-flight bosses to attend were Fulham's Slavisa Jokanovic, Cardiff's Neil Warnock, West Ham's Manuel Pellegrini, Southampton's Mark Hughes, Brighton's Chris Hughton and Bournemouth's Eddie Howe.

The majority of managers were smartly suited and booted, though Hughton was dressed down in a polo shirt and Warnock turned up in his Cardiff tracksuit.

The objective of the meeting is to bring all the managers up to speed on new innovations and rules changes ahead of the start of the campaign when Man United play Leicester at Old Trafford on Friday night.

One topic of discussion was likely the new cumulative warnings system for managers who misbehave on the touchline, with four such offences now resulting in an automatic one-game suspension.

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp and Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola were not present in London as a meeting between managers in the north also takes place in August.

The top-flight managers can expect a busy day on Thursday with the transfer window closing at 5pm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Neil has a day out in London wearing his tracksuit

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:28 pm

What are the odds on NW getting the first managerial red card of the season?

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:42 pm

He'll be odds on Davids.
Wouldn't surprise me if he picked up his first warning at the meeting to discuss it. :-D

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:47 pm

tonythomas wrote:He'll be odds on Davids.
Wouldn't surprise me if he picked up his first warning at the meeting to discuss it. :-D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:48 pm

Why am I loving that he was the only manager that turned up in a tracksuit.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:54 pm

Wayne S wrote:Why am I loving that he was the only manager that turned up in a tracksuit.

:lol:

Neil Warnock.

Style guru.

:thumbup:

Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:24 pm

He's Sir Neil Warnock, he wears and does what he wants. :notworthy:

Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:43 am

Loving the fact he wore his Cardiff tracksuit , absolute class , he don’t give a castlemaine.
I do think he will get himself into trouble a lot this year as there is a definate bias to the top clubs in this league, 50/50 decisions go their way, I remember Cardiff playing Man Utd, Rooney should have walked but instead he had a yellow and the ref was like “hey Wayne don’t do that again “and then penalised us and was like “hey red number 6 come here”.
We are totally up against it .
I believe we can survive , Never underestimate team spirit.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:54 am

What bright-spark organised that meeting in London the day before the transfer window closed? And we wonder why football is in the pickle it is.

StT.
<><