Derby sign malone!

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:11 pm

Scott Malone signed for derby, guy gets a new club every season haha

Re: Derby sign malone!

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:12 pm

Decent signing for them

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:17 pm

Scapegoat after scoring an own goal v Derby County and was constantly criticised for no reason because of the love in some had for Fabio.. harsh truth.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:22 pm

Always thought he was decent enough.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:25 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Scapegoat after scoring an own goal v Derby County and was constantly criticised for no reason because of the love in some had for Fabio.. harsh truth.

Agree, I always thought he was decent, remember his goal at QPR :bluescarf:

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:28 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Scapegoat after scoring an own goal v Derby County and was constantly criticised for no reason because of the love in some had for Fabio.. harsh truth.

Completely agree with you

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:38 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

Completely agree with you

And the fact he was a Slade signing, he was always onto a losing start with most of our fans.

I'm not saying he is the best player in the world but I don't think he's any worse than Joe Bennett to be honest.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:43 pm

Never rated him. People had this idea that he could defend because he wasn't as gung ho as Fabio.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:44 pm

He was part of a club that was finding its feet and restore a balance because we was going through a bit of a free fall, we weren't playing amazing football but Malone become a constant scapegoat for every game without doing anything wrong, I think him moving to Fulham showed with a team that played some attractive stuff what a decent player he is.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:14 pm

He just didn't fit In well in Slades archaic 4-4-2 formation. Couldn't actually defend well at all mind and neither could Fabio. Seemed to do a lot better when he was at Fulham though,so is probably not a bad player

Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:15 am

Lots of our goals were conceded due to malone being out of position. Decent going forward but bang average defender for me... Amazed how much Huddersfield bought him for

Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:28 am

Never liked him personally.
Prancing about like a fairy with his silly bun on his head :laughing6:
Crap defending and worse of all shit out of tackles time and again.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:00 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Never liked him personally.
Prancing about like a fairy with his silly bun on his head :laughing6:
Crap defending and worse of all shit out of tackles time and again.

That’s how I remember him, his ability to shirk a tackle was outstanding at times :lol:

In fairness the way we played under Slade didn’t suit him as he was definitely better going forward than defending

But call me old fashioned but I like full backs who can actually defend..something Malone was incapable of