Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fulham strengthening in depth

Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:09 am

Just signed Callum Chambers cracking signing with experience

Re: Fulham strengthening in depth

Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:13 am

Wolfpac wrote:Just signed Callum Chambers cracking signing with experience

Or alternatively an average player who has never been able to establish himself in the Premier League but would still command huge wages and a big loan fee??

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:27 am

Average championship defender imho.
They’ve spent £40m just to keep what they had last year. Plus Mawson who’s sure to bag a few own goals.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:39 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

They’ve spent £40m just to keep what they had last year. Plus Mawson who’s sure to bag a few own goals.

If spent 40m on last season's players they had on loan it doesn't mean they are good signings as cannot deny their defence was their weak point and sessignon will not be as effective as he's been in championship, be interesting to see where he plays
defence or midfield as cannot have role he did last season that's for sure. :old:

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:41 am

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

If spent 40m on last season's players they had on loan it doesn't mean they are good signings as cannot deny their defence was their weak point and sessignon will not be as effective as he's been in championship, be interesting to see where he plays
defence or midfield as cannot have role he did last season that's for sure. :old:

i think he will be even better

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:50 am

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

That’s what I’m saying Al. They’ve spent all that cash just to keep what got them promoted last season. I’ve got a feeling they are going to really struggle. Ps. Plus they lost Fredrick

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:56 am

paulh_85 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

As a player yes he possibly will be, but can he successfully do what he was allowed to do in championship? After all Fulham and metrovic only did what they did with his help no way will he be allowed to maraud down wing from deep like last season, don't forget he's a left back but with free hand to do what he wanted won't have that freedom in premiership. :thumbup:

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:03 am

pembroke allan wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

As a player yes he possibly will be, but can he successfully do what he was allowed to do in championship? After all Fulham and metrovic only did what they did with his help no way will he be allowed to maraud down wing from deep like last season, don't forget he's a left back but with free hand to do what he wanted won't have that freedom in premiership. :thumbup:

i dont think of him as a left back myself, though unless they sign one he might end up playing there. his future will be playing further forward i think, its where you see the best of him

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:54 am

paulh_85 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

i dont think of him as a left back myself, though unless they sign one he might end up playing there. his future will be playing further forward i think, its where you see the best of him

Paul that's the problem for Fulham he was a left back but can play midfield, in championship he did both jobs cannot do that in premiership so if does play midfield Fulham will still have defensive frailties of last season! Can see him moving on next season as hes a very talented player and destined for top 6 team in premiership :thumbup:

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:58 am

pembroke allan wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Paul that's the problem for Fulham he was a left back but can play midfield, in championship he did both jobs cannot do that in premiership so if does play midfield Fulham will still have defensive frailties of last season! Can see him moving on next season as hes a very talented player and destined for top 6 team in premiership :thumbup:

fulham just signed joe bryan so i guess that solves this

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:06 am

paulh_85 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

fulham just signed joe bryan so i guess that solves this

Who's he? :laughing6: