“ HARRY ARTER: I’M EXCITED FOR THE CHALLENGE “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:10 pm

2EBF0E4F-4E87-45AE-BC3B-75C3B8C6D3D4.jpeg
2EBF0E4F-4E87-45AE-BC3B-75C3B8C6D3D4.jpeg (197.36 KiB) Viewed 3443 times

Cardiff City completed their deadline day business with the acquisition of Harry Arter, who joins the Club on a season-long loan from AFC Bournemouth.

The midfielder arrives at Cardiff City Stadium with three seasons in the top flight already under his belt, having played a starring role for the Cherries since their promotion in 2015.

The Republic of Ireland international spoke exclusively to Cardiff City TV, explaining how the move came about.

“I’m delighted to be here,” Harry began. “It’s a big change for me having been at the same club for so long. It’s a new challenge, and one that I’m very excited for. The challenge for the Club is similar to the challenge for me; it’s going to be a long hard season, but one that the Club is prepared for, and I certainly am too. I’m really looking forward to it.

“Hopefully I can be a positive influence. Every player wants to affect the team in a good way, both on and off the pitch. I’ve had some great experiences with Bournemouth, getting promoted and staying in the Premier League, but now I’m looking to create similar experiences here.

“I’ve spoken with Neil, he’s got a great squad here. No player ever comes in and has the right to play, and I’m no different either. I’m looking forward to trying to get into the team, but the most important thing is that we have options and depth, and I certainly think we’ve got that."

Arter expressed his excitement to get started with the Bluebirds, although he will have to wait until he can make his debut. As the midfielder has arrived on a loan deal, he is ineligible to face his parent club on the opening day of the season.

“I think it’s a difficult one. They’ve been a big part of my life for so long. I’m going to head back tomorrow ready to watch the game. It’s been a bit of a late dash to get up here.

“I’ve played here a few times, against Cardiff and against Wales. The atmosphere was electric, and it’s a great city. I’m at a Club that I’m very proud to be part of, and hopefully I can show the crowd what I can do.

He concluded: “The most important thing this year is that we give the crowd something to cheer about, and I’ve got no doubt Neil will get the lads up for every game. I’m sure the fans will enjoy it.”
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ HARRY ARTER: I’M EXCITED FOR THE CHALLENGE “

Postby jimmy_rat » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:37 pm

Definitely saying the right things and his experience will be invaluable.

Welcome to the club Harry.
jimmy_rat

Postby Wolfpac » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:40 pm

Always came across as down to earth and dignified. Easily one of the best players Bournemouth had, he really excites me when he plays, buzzing for Arrry
Wolfpac

Postby TheHangedMan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:52 pm

I totally retract my "tainted" statement in a previous thread. He's saying all the right things but also genuinely sounds like he's up for the fight.

Good luck Harry and welcome to the madness that is Cardiff City, Blooooooobirds. :ayatollah:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby Bluebird For Life » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:55 pm

The goal he scored against us at the CCS the season Bournemouth got promoted was a stunner - lets have a few of those Harry please!!
Bluebird For Life

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:01 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:I totally retract my "tainted" statement in a previous thread. He's saying all the right things but also genuinely sounds like he's up for the fight.

Good luck Harry and welcome to the madness that is Cardiff City, Blooooooobirds. :ayatollah:

I read that mate. Was a bit mystified!
True Blue through & through.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby englishbluebird » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:54 pm

It is frustrating and easy to believe the many rumours that circulate around transfer deadline. Arter probably was waiting for the best option for himself and you cant really blame him. Very good player
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
englishbluebird

Postby TheHangedMan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:18 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:I totally retract my "tainted" statement in a previous thread. He's saying all the right things but also genuinely sounds like he's up for the fight.

Was having a bad day OGEB.....poor Harry took the brunt of it. :oops:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby Radyr Way Bluebird » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:10 pm

New poster. Looks up for the challenge and a great acquisition imo
Radyr Way Bluebird

Postby Carlossus » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:56 pm

Welcome Harry look forward to seeing you play.
Carlossus

Postby BLUEUSA » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:39 am

I cannot believe that Bournemouth allowed him to leave but he can be so influential for us. Just the type of player we have needed for a long time. Great acquisition.
BLUEUSA

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:55 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Was having a bad day OGEB.....poor Harry took the brunt of it. :oops:

Haha don’t worry, happens to us all 8-)

:bluescarf:
True Blue through & through.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:58 am

Another NW grafter for the shirt with talent welcome to the club
Do the ayatollah arter :bluescarf:
Pembroke bluebird

Postby DandoCCFC » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:25 pm

Never been this excited about signing sign the guy we signed from Betis.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Return to General Chat