WALLETGATE….THIN END OF THE WEDGE!

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby TheHangedMan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:15 am

A straight forward leather wallet with the coveted Bluebird logo emblazoned, simple right? What’s the problem many would ask?

To most, a mere leather receptacle that may contain items of Interest. It’s only a small piece of leather with a couple of envelope type compartments, right? WRONG!!!

This is now threatening to be the most divisive issue amongst the Cardiff City faithful since the doomy days of one colour versus another. To an outsider it appears a trivial matter, not worthy of a second glance. To a Cardiff City season ticket holder, it is quickly becoming a case of the haves and have nots.

Let’s face it, on a day when the Bluebirds have signed, on paper, two excellent midfielders, the natural and expected response would be one of joy and elation. But there is a dark cloud brewing over the CCS. It is one that may chip a small crack, which may turn into a fissure and end up in a chasm amongst the most loyal of the City fans.

Vince Alm, respected fans’ spokesman, has stated on FB that “only prize freeze season ticket holders from 2016 2017 who renewed season tickets before the end of March 2018 were entitled to the gift which was the wallet. the club announced this in February and March on several occasions hope that helps.” But we all know this is only club appeasement!

My fear is that come Newcastle we will have “Wallet” fans waving them around akin to Harry Enfields “loads of wallet” outside the turnstiles. Argy Bargy will ensue and we will regress back to 2013/14. We must not let this happen.

Non-wallet holders, such as I, must hold your heads high. Walk through the taunting and take it on the chin. One wallet does not make a summer! But a team, management and most importantly the fans, all pulling together can!

We are Cardiff, we are barmy….you know the rest.

Hope I didn’t bore you too much……(and just in case check out the signature).
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: WALLETGATE….THIN END OF THE WEDGE!

Postby barryblooo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:40 am

Thank you for lifting my name for this scandal from some other site. Yes "WALLETGATE" could yet be the clubs biggest mistake since red for blue. As we speak wallet less fans are online arranging meetings in shit canton pubs (mainly the corporation) to thrash out what actions to take against the tyrannical leaders of our beloved club. There's talk of marches to the stadium holding our uncloaked cards aloft our heads, t shirts being printed with 'where's our wallet - Tan Out" reportedly on sale now on message boards.
I have one word to say today of all days, on the eve of our first premier league game...........................

Mrs tan, tell him to be nice again and give' em all leather look brown plastickly wallet type things with a bluebird logo on it.

And if we win the Premier league, we'll allow four or five of your minnions to carry you shoulder high again.
barryblooo

Postby salopiancity » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:00 am

The plot thickens. Due to being out of work for the first time in my life,( I’m 58 ) I was without a season ticket for the first time since 1976 for 18 months and only had the money to renew for 6 months last January. I got a wallet. :lol: :ayatollah:
salopiancity

Postby TheHangedMan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:58 am

salopiancity wrote:The plot thickens. Due to being out of work for the first time in my life,( I’m 58 ) I was without a season ticket for the first time since 1976 for 18 months and only had the money to renew for 6 months last January. I got a wallet. :lol: :ayatollah:

:lol: Nice one.....but posts like this may incite self harm in us non worthy walletless souls! :D
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby McNaughtyButNice » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:21 am

I not only have wallet envy, but I am stoking mad, as I am a price freeze customer who paid for his season ticket in March, and I still didn't get a wallet. Who do I complain to? Is there a CCFC Wallet Tsar? :old: :old:
McNaughtyButNice

Postby Aderynlas 1927 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:38 am

Two of our three season tickets arrived yesterday with wallets.
Thank goodness the third is here today.
It has a season ticket in it too.
Aderynlas 1927

Postby Whistler » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:22 am

I can see a sacrificial bonfire emerging in the car park around 11.30am on 18th August. Imagine the scene, in an effort to maintain equal opportunities the "wallet-full" ones being invited to throw theirs on the bonfire. BUT I hear you say the BLUEBIRD FLYS HIGH and who the hell cares about whether we have a small wallet with a bluebird or not. WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE and thats the only thing that really counts, oh and we have our proud blue shirt on cocking two fingers up to the world. :old:
Whistler

Postby nubbsy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:35 am

I haven't got a wallet and I've been a fan for over 20 years. I don't see why it's fair.

For that reason, I'm now parting ways with my beloved club and I will find a club that doesn't discriminate.
nubbsy

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:43 am

Think fans should ask questions at the senedd and let wag debate it! :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby BLUE54 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:49 am

pembroke allan wrote:Think fans should ask questions at the senedd and let wag debate it! :thumbup:

NO I definitely do not agree with this. The Senedd and WAG have far too many meaningless debates already!!! :old: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:
BLUE54

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:51 am

Didn't we get these many years ago?
I'm not sure if its the same one though...
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Blue_Barber » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:55 am

What the hell are we on about?! I have a season ticket and haven’t had a wallet?!
Blue_Barber

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:59 am

Blue_Barber wrote:What the hell are we on about?! I have a season ticket and haven’t had a wallet?!

Don't know what you're missing? :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby Aderynlas 1927 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:10 am

I'd send the ticket back and say you just want the wallet.
Aderynlas 1927

Postby gazthebluebird1 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:13 am

I've got a season ticket and a Hull stub yet I haven't received a wallet!
gazthebluebird1

Postby TheHangedMan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:17 am

gazthebluebird1 wrote:I've got a season ticket and a Hull stub yet I haven't received a wallet!

No way :shock: ....this now proves that the club have slumped to an all time low.
TheHangedMan

Postby Bluesman » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:24 am

For God's sake The Hangedman get a life do you really have nothing better to do than complain about nothing. Do you really think fans are going to be waving the wallets in you face. Grow up.
Bluesman

Postby TheHangedMan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:32 am

Bluesman wrote:For God's sake The Hangedman get a life do you really have nothing better to do than complain about nothing. Do you really think fans are going to be waving the wallets in you face. Grow up.

Oh dear :notworthy:
TheHangedMan

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:35 am

TheHangedMan wrote:
Bluesman wrote:For God's sake The Hangedman get a life do you really have nothing better to do than complain about nothing. Do you really think fans are going to be waving the wallets in you face. Grow up.

Yes oh dear threads just took turn for the worst! :mrgreen:
pembroke allan

Postby City1983 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:52 am

Really against these WALLETS. The Club should have thought long and hard about doing such a Marketing campaign.

Seriously considering Protest at the barbarity that these innocent Animals have suffered as a result of the Corporate Marketeers!

Make a stand now fellow Walleteers. No More HIDES :old:
City1983

Postby Chris Holmes » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:08 pm

IMG_2255.jpg
IMG_2255.jpg (485.54 KiB) Viewed 2978 times

IMG_2254.jpg
IMG_2254.jpg (737.75 KiB) Viewed 2978 times
Chris Holmes

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:55 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:

:laughing6:
Don’t worry mate - a complete personality and humour by pass!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby salopiancity » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:11 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Didn't we get these many years ago?

Cheap plastic last time that lasted for two games. These are Premier League leather. :laughing6:
salopiancity

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:12 pm

salopiancity wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Didn't we get these many years ago?

Cheap plastic last time that lasted for two games. These are Premier League leather. :laughing6:

And only for the special ones!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Jes » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:42 pm

Haha i've read every post on this thread.
Possibly the best post ever.
Smirks turned into giggles and giggles to laughter as i read on.
Cracking bit of fun.
Yes.... it was a bit of fun......wasn't it? ;)
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Jes

Postby Gaynor Straight » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:04 pm

In 24 hours time we kick off our Premier League campaign and the actions of the ticket office and their random wallet allocation has really taken the gloss off what should be a moment us occasion.

For once I'm glad I'm not travelling tomorrow cos all I can envisage are small factions of wallet owners flashing their leather at other less fortunate fans making their journey hell.

I pity the holiday makers who'll have to put up with the inevitable scrapping that will spill over into the motorway service stations on the way.
Gaynor Straight

Postby Steve Zodiak » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:41 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve Zodiak

Postby Sven » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:48 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

Don’t worry mate - a complete personality and humour by pass!

Fair do's to TheHangedMan...hook, line and sinker! :thumbright: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
Hooked.jpg
Hooked.jpg (7.45 KiB) Viewed 2275 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Fairblue27 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:37 pm

I am now in possession of two wallets. The new leather one I received yesterday and the black ambassador wallet from a few years ago.
What I'm wondering is will priority for away tickets reflect this?
Criteria should surely be changed.
Firstly 7 aways 2 wallets, then 7 aways 1 wallet and then just 7 aways no wallet and so on.
This will ensure truly loyal fans (with wallets) are rewarded.
Fairblue27

Postby avondaleblue » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:22 pm

I don't even follow the City and I got sent one :laughing6:
avondaleblue

Next

Return to General Chat